Epcot's 40th Anniversary

Disneyson

This is disgusting. I’m so embarrassed of this by proxy.

I’m sort of shocked that someone on the D23 team thinks that a group of Disney Diehards think that a single “priority” entry into Living with the Land is worth… anything.

This is giving me big D23 Marketplace vibes, where most of the merch Collection released approximately two days after the expo. Same crowd of uninformed “fans” that have “more money than time” to reserve a park pass, buy two things at a food booth, and wait in a 6 minute line instead of a 2 minute line.

Wild to me that the major perk for this event is something that you could get at a Holiday Inn but not at an All-Star hotel.

The photo opportunities have to be really, REALLY good to offset the price. Like, Archive artifact good.

Last edited:

fathomsbelow7

So I booked Oct. 1st months ago for Epcot and didn’t realize it was the 40th anniversary date. Do we think this going to be a major overcrowded event day? Just wondering if I should switch to another park.

Figments Friend

Agree.
Something about that D23 'event' ( laughs ) is just really 'off'.
And off-putting.

Almost gives the impression it was a sudden reaction to the un-official fan created events already announced weeks in advance and happening in the Park that day.

I am a huge Epcot enthusiast, but have NO interest at all in what the D23 offering lists.
Zip.
Nada.
Nyet.

Again one has to ask : who is their target audience for that?
Anyone with even a slightest smattering of what the Park was, is, and represents will see this offering is a blantant empty hand.

😴

But whatever.
Us fans will once again step in and make the day special in our own way.
Yet again.

-

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
For the 35th anniversary in 2017, D23 announced the following event on April 19, 2017 (165 days in advance!).

D23 Fanniversary for $135 per person, NOT including park admission: (source)
  • VIP viewing of anniversary ceremony
  • Panel 1: "Horizons to Communicore" with imagineer Daniel Joseph and Disney historian Michael Crawford
  • Panel 2: "35 things you didn't know about Epcot" with imagineers Tony Baxter and others
  • Panel 3: "Epcot Dreamers and Doers" with various imagineers (Alex Wright, Wyatt Winter, Zach Riddley, Jason Grandt, Patrick Brennan, Bill Sullivan)
  • Panel 4: Various cast members share stories from the origins of Mariachi Cobre and other entertainment offerings
  • Special farewell to Marty Sklar with musical medley and 6 characters on stage
  • Boxed lunch in tote included
  • Epcot canvas tote and mini poster included
  • D23 Member-exclusive merchandise location
Special evening program for $250 per person: (source)
  • Progressive dinner around Epcot at private areas in Norway lounge, Test Track lounge and The Living Seas Salon
  • Disney Legends Tony Baxter and Bob Gurr joined D23 members
  • Epcot print included
  • VIP viewing for Illuminations
  • Walk-through of Spaceship Earth
So all this was more expensive than what they're offering this year, but WAY more interesting. All those panels and the evening program sound very cool. A dinner with Tony Baxter at the Norway lounge and a walk-through of Spaceship Earth!

And this year they're offering a ride on Living with the Land?! The fact that they included "Exclusive Event Credential" as one of the perks is really pathetic. I can't believe they couldn't come up with something better. There have been few interesting D23 events in Florida and as a Gold Member I was hoping for something cool for the 40th.
I would have paid for ALL of this.

Touchdown

After experiencing the 50th at MK last year, I knew not to expect much, so instead of going to Epcot on a Sat during F&W or going to MK on a non MNSSHP day I’ll be bucking the crowds by doing AK in the morning and DHS in the afternoon. No firework tag means I don’t need to cut short my ToT marathon at the end of the night.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Did they Pride the whole collection?

No, it's the new EPCOT pavilion color scheme:
1663780498496.png

1663780567321.png

J4546

Obviously I didn't mean literally Pride. But "vintage Epcot fan" and "person eager to wear rainbow clothing" is a Venn diagram with very little intersection.
weird cause when i google search vintage epcot merchandise and shirts, a large chunk of it is bright and rainbow colored... I think your completely wrong with whatever point you are trying to make.

Figment82

Obviously I didn't mean literally Pride. But "vintage Epcot fan" and "person eager to wear rainbow clothing" is a Venn diagram with very little intersection.
Vintage EPCOT Center’s visuals were all about rainbows - especially in the merchandise. Granted, they’ve added quite a few more hues to the gradient with the added pavilions. Personally, I’ll always prefer the 80s graphics/color palettes, but you’re acting like this is something brand new. 😂 I have dozens of Figment items from the 80/90s with actual rainbows or rainbow colors depicted on them.

Attachments

• 74F577DE-8F56-4B65-8D94-A77871D4221F.png
    74F577DE-8F56-4B65-8D94-A77871D4221F.png
    140.4 KB · Views: 39

CaptainAmerica

weird cause when i google search vintage epcot merchandise and shirts, a large chunk of it is brightly colored... I think your completely wrong with whatever point you are trying to make.

Vintage EPCOT Center’s visuals were all about rainbows - especially in the merchandise. Granted, they’ve added quite a few more hues to the gradient with the added pavilions. Personally, I’ll always prefer the 80s graphics/color palettes, but you’re acting like this is something brand new. 😂 I have dozens of Figment items from the 80/90s with actual rainbows or rainbow colors depicted on them.
😂 You guys are reading way too deep into a throwaway comment. I'm saying I don't wear rainbow gear, it's not that serious.

JohnD

Well, I check out next week on Sat. 10/1. I also have the Pixie Dust Pass and couldn't enter Epcot anyway. Looks like I'm not missing anything regarding the 40th anniversary.

SoFloMagic

So I booked Oct. 1st months ago for Epcot and didn’t realize it was the 40th anniversary date. Do we think this going to be a major overcrowded event day? Just wondering if I should switch to another park.
Should be big merch lines of pirates in the morning, but lines for rides (all four of em 😂) should be dead. If it's not raining locals will be out in the evening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom