Epcot's 40th Anniversary

JoeCamel

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
D23 is holding an event for Gold Members -

D23 Gold Member tickets are $99 (plus $7 processing fee). Tickets will go on sale on Wednesday, September 21, 2022, at 1 p.m. EST through the link provided.

As a D23 event guest, start your special D23 EPCOT celebration at 7:30 a.m. for priority park check-in!

Enjoy free time to celebrate the 40th in your own way—including the opportunity to check out some of the new EPCOT 40th Anniversary merchandise at Creations Shop!

Then from 9:30-10:45 a.m., meet up with fellow EPCOT lovers at World ShowPlace for a D23 Member Mixer reception with a continental breakfast.

After the reception, explore the park for the rest of the day. Also exclusive to D23 event guests, get priority entrance to one of EPCOT’s original attractions, Living with the Land, to use at your convenience during the day!

DETAILS
Event includes:
  • Complimentary park admission (including reservation) and parking for EPCOT on Saturday, October 1, 2022
  • Priority park check-in
  • $25 Disney Gift Card to enjoy the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival and commemorative merchandise (or any other Disney dining or retail location of your choice)
  • Exclusive Event Credential
  • Living with the Land priority line access for one (1) ride during operating hours with your event credential
  • Exclusive entry to World ShowPlace for D23 Member Mixer, including continental breakfast, coffee, and photo opportunities

Thanks for the info!

Editorial content:
What a slap in the face. I don't have family-friendly words that would properly convey my level of disgust for this.

ETA: I hope the fan meet-up draws a larger and much more vocal crowd than this farce.

trainplane3

Thanks for the info!

Editorial content:
What a slap in the face. I don't have family-friendly words that would properly convey my level of disgust for this.

ETA: I hope the fan meet-up draws a larger and much more vocal crowd than this farce.
So then.

Group meet up to complain to guest services?

Edit: They couldn't even toss in a early "Behind the Seeds tour" when it returns the following day? Like, yeesh.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
What is this D23 nonsense? Announced 10 days in advance and you get one ride on Living with the Land for $106? No special presentations or anything?

With this short notice it is pretty much only for locals, but not a good value for Annual Passholders who don’t need “complimentary” entrance and parking.

I was at the 30th anniversary and went to imagineering panels without needing to be a D23 member. I went to a presentation by Marty Sklar and it was great. You could just walk in. Still have very fond memories of that day.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
A lightning lane ride on LWtL..........I have a pin for this ah, here we go..
s-l400.jpg

Last edited:

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
For the 35th anniversary in 2017, D23 announced the following event on April 19, 2017 (165 days in advance!).

D23 Fanniversary for $135 per person, NOT including park admission: (source)
  • VIP viewing of anniversary ceremony
  • Panel 1: "Horizons to Communicore" with imagineer Daniel Joseph and Disney historian Michael Crawford
  • Panel 2: "35 things you didn't know about Epcot" with imagineers Tony Baxter and others
  • Panel 3: "Epcot Dreamers and Doers" with various imagineers (Alex Wright, Wyatt Winter, Zach Riddley, Jason Grandt, Patrick Brennan, Bill Sullivan)
  • Panel 4: Various cast members share stories from the origins of Mariachi Cobre and other entertainment offerings
  • Special farewell to Marty Sklar with musical medley and 6 characters on stage
  • Boxed lunch in tote included
  • Epcot canvas tote and mini poster included
  • D23 Member-exclusive merchandise location
Special evening program for $250 per person: (source)
  • Progressive dinner around Epcot at private areas in Norway lounge, Test Track lounge and The Living Seas Salon
  • Disney Legends Tony Baxter and Bob Gurr joined D23 members
  • Epcot print included
  • VIP viewing for Illuminations
  • Walk-through of Spaceship Earth
So all this was more expensive than what they're offering this year, but WAY more interesting. All those panels and the evening program sound very cool. A dinner with Tony Baxter at the Norway lounge and a walk-through of Spaceship Earth!

And this year they're offering a ride on Living with the Land?! The fact that they included "Exclusive Event Credential" as one of the perks is really pathetic. I can't believe they couldn't come up with something better. There have been few interesting D23 events in Florida and as a Gold Member I was hoping for something cool for the 40th.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
D23 is holding an event for Gold Members -

D23 Gold Member tickets are $99 (plus $7 processing fee). Tickets will go on sale on Wednesday, September 21, 2022, at 1 p.m. EST through the link provided.

As a D23 event guest, start your special D23 EPCOT celebration at 7:30 a.m. for priority park check-in!

Enjoy free time to celebrate the 40th in your own way—including the opportunity to check out some of the new EPCOT 40th Anniversary merchandise at Creations Shop!

Then from 9:30-10:45 a.m., meet up with fellow EPCOT lovers at World ShowPlace for a D23 Member Mixer reception with a continental breakfast.

After the reception, explore the park for the rest of the day. Also exclusive to D23 event guests, get priority entrance to one of EPCOT’s original attractions, Living with the Land, to use at your convenience during the day!

DETAILS
Event includes:
  • Complimentary park admission (including reservation) and parking for EPCOT on Saturday, October 1, 2022
  • Priority park check-in
  • $25 Disney Gift Card to enjoy the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival and commemorative merchandise (or any other Disney dining or retail location of your choice)
  • Exclusive Event Credential
  • Living with the Land priority line access for one (1) ride during operating hours with your event credential
  • Exclusive entry to World ShowPlace for D23 Member Mixer, including continental breakfast, coffee, and photo opportunities

That’s a lot more that I thought they’d bother to throw together for anyone.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm so, so confused. With 10 days advance, only locals can go. And anyone interested in the 40th and who live local likely already has a AP. Who is the audience for this?
There’s aren’t that many annual passes. And most of the Florida ones are Blacked out…remember.
If I have to guess, the audience for this would be those who want to beat the masses for whatever merchandise they will have.
Yes. They may be feeding that or unintentionally feeding it.

Only Slaphead knows for sure.

EPCOT-O.G.

I'm so, so confused. With 10 days advance, only locals can go. And anyone interested in the 40th and who live local likely already has a AP. Who is the audience for this?
This is the equivalent of me grabbing a handful of flowers at the gas station on the way home from work on the night of my anniversary

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is the equivalent of me grabbing a handful of flowers at the gas station on the way home from work on the night of my anniversary
Is it really?

I mean I don’t get the “outrage” on this?

They DON’T care about anniversaries to celebrate the customers of Christmas past.

Elite, luxury experience…you are the magic

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Gee, and to think....
In 2007 the massive 25th Anniversary celebration us fans put together was FREE.
Well, with the exception of Park admission.

We had a special Dessert Party at the Odyssey for those who were interested that was a additional fee since it was booked through Disney, but everything else that happened on that amazing day was FREE to enjoy by the thousand + registered fans who showed up.

Mind you, this all took place before D23 existed.
Always thought that came into being after Disney saw what we accomplished with rallying the fans for the 25th.
It really was a big deal at the time.
So much so that the suits took notice. Kept hearing this in the days after the event.

Coincidence Disney decides to launch a 'official fan club' after seeing what some of us did by 'un-official' means?
I think not...
;)

-

Figments Friend

So again folks -

If you find yourself at Epcot on October 1st this year, be sure to join the group of fans who are meeting up over at the Magic Gardens next to the Imagination Pavilion!
10am I think it was....but we have a seperate thread covering the fun get together.
Check it out on this very Forum.
All are welcome.
:)

It is THE FANS who will once again make this day memorable!
Honor the spirit of EPCOT Center that still lives.....that lives in ALL OF US.
'We Go On".....!

✨

-

Epcot82Guy

I'm trying to avoid thoughts that they did this intentionally to say Epcot fans don't care given lackluster response. Because this is terrible. If they had made this a Florida Resident offer, I would have considered going. But the fact it's D23 Gold only with 10 days notice is insulting. It makes me even less likely to spend money or time on property. It's really sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom