Dinoland Fountain 1998

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
Hi. It's been a long while. People change. Life goes on. I remembered I had an account here which is convenient as I have a obscure question for OGs of this forum.

When Animal Kingdom first opened, the Rivers of Light theater was of course just a huge man-made lake. Nearby Dinoland and Theater in the Wild however, the lake had a metallic colorful fountain piece that either had dinosaurs or lizards. I don't remember if it was a thematic extension of Safari Village or belonged to Dinoland.

I know way back in the day, say 2007, someone had pictures of this. They sent it to me. But of course life goes on and I see the vbulletin settings have changed drastically so I don't see messages in my profile anymore. So I think those pictures are now certified lost media.

Does anyone know about the fountain I'm talking about? No it's not the iguanadon that used to be around the river when you ride the Discovery Cruise boats. No one else seem to remember this either and I feel like I'm going crazy.

Cmdr_Crimson

Hi. It's been a long while. People change. Life goes on. I remembered I had an account here which is convenient as I have a obscure question for OGs of this forum.

When Animal Kingdom first opened, the Rivers of Light theater was of course just a huge man-made lake. Nearby Dinoland and Theater in the Wild however, the lake had a metallic colorful fountain piece that either had dinosaurs or lizards. I don't remember if it was a thematic extension of Safari Village or belonged to Dinoland.

I know way back in the day, say 2007, someone had pictures of this. They sent it to me. But of course life goes on and I see the vbulletin settings have changed drastically so I don't see messages in my profile anymore. So I think those pictures are now certified lost media.

Does anyone know about the fountain I'm talking about? No it's not the iguanadon that used to be around the river when you ride the Discovery Cruise boats. No one else seem to remember this either and I feel like I'm going crazy.
I think your referring to this ..Found it on Wikipedia about Discovery River Cruise at the bottom section where the pictures are located.
FPwYVbaUYAowmb4.jpg

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
I guess that's the one then. I swear it was closer to Dinoland (I remember it spinning) but it mightve been something else then. I would like to know when these were dismantled too.
From what I can tell, @EPCOTPluto first asked this in their last post 9 years ago in 2013. Props to solving the mystery

Oh wow I found those posts just now. Completely forgot. That guy never got back to me smh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom