News Disney Explores Amazon Prime-Like Membership Program to Offer Discounts and Perks

EPCOT-O.G.

heapster411

Don't you feel the nudge to pay for Disney+ to do anything @Disney?
Donald Duck Money GIF

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I look forward to whatever this scam…errr…i mean “world class entertainment incentive program” is…

I’m actually serious…if it answers the questions about what they’re looking to rake INCLUDING parks?…I want to know

Grab the edge of the bandaid and yank

nickys

Premium Member
This is going to be interesting.

Disney+ is now available in lots of places in the world. Many subscribers outside of the US will never have been to the parks.
And Data Protection laws in Europe and he U.K., for example, prevent them for using data collected from one purpose to be used for another purpose without specific consent. Just being part of Disney Corporation is unlikely to be enough. So using my purchases and activities at WDW or DLP to then influence my Disney+ viewing and vice versa without getting express permission could be a breach of those laws.

So they’ll need to think that through and ensure they get that consent or face major lawsuits from the Ombudsman in various countries under our Data Protection laws. And given they still haven’t managed to work out how to get to grips with EU tax laws I doubt their ability to do so here.

In any case it won’t get them far in our household. We have such different viewing habits that they’ll not be able to tailor anything! 😂

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Looking over your shoulder tracking your every move whilst also having their hand in your wallet? “Disney… now more than ever.”

Got something you, Bob. You should be quite familiar with it by now:

🖕

ppete1975

I totally agree with you…

But you know this about reducing cost and investment. Nothing more. They want more income for lest cost.

That long predates Slaphead. Eisner/wells had the destination:D thing with the same general premise.
Yeah I just keep thinking about my parents in their 70s, they dont keep up with any of this. They think you just go when its time to go on vacation. While I understand most people now are comfortable with mobile apps, there is a generation that isnt. And outside of mobile ordering i havent heard anyone say, "man this new stuff is great". Instead of seen people come back from their first trip or first in decades and say.. "never again, too much hassle". Not everything has to be plussed, not everything has to be interconnected.

ppete1975

me- turns on Disney+ to watch Andor

Disney+- good evening, we’ve noticed you visiting restroom in Epcot every visit, so to accommodate your taste, Andor will not be available to you, but please enjoy all these movies and shows that feature a restroom”
Wont happen. Lucas will never let them have control of the star wars holiday special.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
If your kids subjected you to as many viewings of Eddie Murphy's Haunted Mansion movie as I've enjoyed then you too would want a free lightning lane to the attraction.

JoeCamel

So they have gone from getting your habit data in a theme park to give me a custom experience ( never delivered) to using that theme park experience they designed to determine what content they serve me on D+ to extract the most money from me.
Bob, just cut out the middle and serve me what makes you the most money, keep me out of it.

annsene

This is going to be interesting.

Disney+ is now available in lots of places in the world. Many subscribers outside of the US will never have been to the parks.
And Data Protection laws in Europe and he U.K., for example, prevent them for using data collected from one purpose to be used for another purpose without specific consent. Just being part of Disney Corporation is unlikely to be enough. So using my purchases and activities at WDW or DLP to then influence my Disney+ viewing and vice versa without getting express permission could be a breach of those laws.

So they’ll need to think that through and ensure they get that consent or face major lawsuits from the Ombudsman in various countries under our Data Protection laws. And given they still haven’t managed to work out how to get to grips with EU tax laws I doubt their ability to do so here.

In any case it won’t get them far in our household. We have such different viewing habits that they’ll not be able to tailor anything! 😂
“But if we can have a universal guest experience, recognize that a person who spent 7 days in the park, 24 hours a day, and we know all that information about them, is the exact same person who watches XYZ on Disney+, and we can identify that person to the same one, and they give us the ability to go ahead and use the data that way, we can now customize and personalize an experience way beyond anything we've ever been able to do before…”
From the transcript in the article. You would have to allow permission to track.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom