News D23 Expo 2022

brb1006

Quietly checks thread after recovering from the "Figment News"
LinaBell the Fox making her U.S. debut at this year's D23 alongside news on a Duffy stop-motion Disney+ made me happy in a weird way.

Runs from Duffy haters

Don't worry Duffy and Friends, not everybody hates you.

But seriously, what was up with that Figment Announcement?
5llunraisan91.jpg

Indy_UK

I think I’m actually glad they aren’t announcing much more at WDW because they are making such a mess of everything they build that I’d rather they just didn’t.

I’ve slept on last night and I am even more against Moana going in Animal Kingdom. Zootopia I can just about stomach.

They’re going on about these new Blue Sky lands as an answer for Epic Universe when they have a ton of stuff already designed and ready to go:

Mary Popping Attraction
Main Street Theatre
Spaceship Earth refurb
Play Pavilion (obviously cancelled by this point)

Plus I’m sure all of this would be more popular. They also have a ton of space in the animation courtyard area that they should maybe develop first before going behind thunder Mountain?

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
I think I’m actually glad they aren’t announcing much more at WDW because they are making such a mess of everything they build that I’d rather they just didn’t.

I’ve slept on last night and I am even more against Moana going in Animal Kingdom. Zootopia I can just about stomach.

They’re going on about these new Blue Sky lands as an answer for Epic Universe when they have a ton of stuff already designed and ready to go:

Mary Popping Attraction
Main Street Theatre
Spaceship Earth refurb
Play Pavilion (obviously cancelled by this point)

Plus I’m sure all of this would be more popular. They also have a ton of space in the animation courtyard area that they should maybe develop first before going behind thunder Mountain?
I actually disagree. At least Moana fits aesthetically with it being nature focused and it wouldn't replace Dinosaur. It could also have a conservation message. I'm just dumbfounded they aren't making an indoor ride given Animal Kingdom's so prone to weather closures. It's still painful though. Pandora this is not.

Zootopia is just humans (they're not actually 'animals' like say The Lion King), in a city, which is literally the opposite of the tone and look of Animal Kingdom. It's honestly as bad if not worse as a fit a roadside carnival is.

Last edited:

Brummyboy92

I am hugely against Zootopia being in the Animal Kingdom, I can't even begin to comprehend how anyone in Disney truly thinks that fit's in with the park. Moana I can stomach, kind of. If they want to turn Dinoland into a wider area, with mini-lands within, then I am not dead set against them steering it more towards the aquatic theme. Kind of like what we are seeing with Disney Springs in Tokyo, lands within a land. Moana I guess fit's into that, a few other IP's spring to mind, however Zootopia is huge no no from me.

I keep saying it, but I would much prefer them to stick to a continent/country theme and build out IP's within, whether that be Australia or India, or Polynesia. I'm also not against a log flume style attraction within AK, the resort could do within another besides Splash.

Stevie Amsterdam

He was referring to that. He’s just saying that he’s not against the ride system it’s using. But moreso how the ‘theme’ is implemented and how that further reflects (moreso lack thereof in this case) back to the park’s mission statement and larger theme at hand.
Could you also please follow my posts and elaborate when people react to them? Would save me loads of time 😁

esskay

I feel disgusted in myself. I was suddenly thinking "Meh...Moana in AK may not be so bad. It's better than crappy DinoMcParkingLotAndCrappyOldRideVille."

Really wish beastly kingdom would've been considered for that area. All we're going to get now is the same crappy land but with Hay Hay (look everybody, it's an animal!!)

Flatten that entire section and start again, Dinosaur is junk - sorry but it's just a really crap ride, and retheming it wont fix that.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I am hugely against Zootopia being in the Animal Kingdom, I can't even begin to comprehend how anyone in Disney truly thinks that fit's in with the park. Moana I can stomach, kind of. If they want to turn Dinoland into a wider area, with mini-lands within, then I am not dead set against them steering it more towards the aquatic theme. Kind of like what we are seeing with Disney Springs in Tokyo, lands within a land. Moana I guess fit's into that, a few other IP's spring to mind, however Zootopia is huge no no from me.

I keep saying it, but I would much prefer them to stick to a continent/country theme and build out IP's within, whether that be Australia or India, or Polynesia. I'm also not against a log flume style attraction within AK, the resort could do within another besides Splash.

Zootopia is just going to be a smaller scale borrowing of some of the Communist China elements. Maybe a puppet wall.

doctornick

I keep saying it, but I would much prefer them to stick to a continent/country theme and build out IP's within, whether that be Australia or India, or Polynesia.

It seems likely that’s exactly what they are doing with Moana, no? I mean it’s right next to Nemo and it was indicated in the past there are plans to detach Dinorama from the rest of Dinoland USA to make it a separate land. If the Liana thing happens I’d be surprised if it’s not as a “Oceana” type land.

Edit: that’s one of the reasons I’m fairly accepting of the Moana change were it to happen. It actually strengthens the continental divisions of DAK. that leaves the nice large area north of Asia to be perfect for South America. Would also be great if they could add some Australian or Pacific Island animals to the area around Moana too. Even just 2 or 3 for atmosphere and some nominal learning.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I know I booed him on Day 1. I believe my sister did. There were definitely other people booing.
I'm sure that the few expressing their disapproval verbally will make him feel terrible when he spends his millions in bonuses that you are still giving him. It's like shooting a charging lion with a water pistol.

Disneyfan_76

I'd be 'ok' with Moana, but not Zootopia. It just doesn't fit with AK for me. I feel like it would be much better in the Studios park, which badly needs another attraction anyway. Still, while Dinosaur and the parking lot fiesta are not great, I will miss having Dinosaurs as part of the park. They really should keep some element of it somewhere, even if it is just the boneyard. Perhaps some of those elements could be moved over to the Conservation Station. It would be a good out of the way place that would not have large noise impact on the backstage areas. I just feel that they shouldn't completely capitulate dinos to the competition.

matt9112

So they let it rot outside for the 50th, but it gets cleaned up to live in LA forever? No wonder Orlando feels like second class citizens.

Feels that way slot in fact one small reason I appreciate uni is I know orlando is there main squeeze unlike disney.

I heard a joke once something leaves Florida to go to California if doesn’t return.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom