Epcot's 40th Anniversary

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Hey everyone! Exciting update on our meetup! Attached below is the Google RSVP form! If you are attending our get together, please fill it out at your earliest convenience, so we can get the ball rolling!

https://forms.gle/Yucejvst1z66JWAZ8

I am working on shirts for us, this would 100% be totally optional and cost about $13 per person, which would be the only paid thing for the day besides a group lunch. I will be releasing more info on that soon.

Each of us are getting our own badges, which I am paying for, to help remember the occasion and identify ourselves with one another to spur conversation! A sample is included below.

View attachment 664272

If you have any ideas or contributions you'd like to offer. I'd appreciate it endlessly. I really want this to be something we do as a community. This park has brought us together for 40 years. It's once again time we come together to celebrate.
For those of you asking, this is the thread where we are planning our get together. Please fill out the rsvp if you are interested so I can get to work on our badges!

trainplane3

Motion played but Horizons was loaded but didn’t switch over. UoE was of course lost - at the time.
Ah, I thought what happened with Horizons happened with WoM too. Still incredible they managed to lose the original UoE loop. I'm sure they won't switch over the GotG loop to EEA since it's the hot new toy in the park.

Anyways, hopefully it goes well this year. My bar of expectations is on the ground. Music loops, new SSE show, and fireworks tag are all I'm expecting. The rest is up to the fans to make it actually fun.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
I would be happy with even just small touches like running Impressions de France all day, they act like its going to hurt them so much to take away from their precious sing along. :banghead: surely it cant cost much for one day to show the parks original.
"What many 'die hard' fans don't realize is that it does cost us  SO much! Not monetarily, but for our health! Every time anyone at Imagineering brings up the past, Josh loads another one in the chamber! Poor Kaitlyn got shot last week for humming New Horizons!" - Zach (probably)

vikescaper

I would be happy with even just small touches like running Impressions de France all day, they act like its going to hurt them so much to take away from their precious sing along. :banghead: surely it cant cost much for one day to show the parks original.
Since EPCOT is the park we we celebrate the Magic of possibility, maybe they will use their heads and play Impressions earlier in the day.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Mission Space doesn't even play it's own signature song anymore (RIP Destiny).
Thank the maker they don't...The CM's dubbed it "The Screaming Banshee song" they played a 57 second loop that plays over and over after how loud it got from the singer so they shut it off permanently due to this...you'll find out when it hits the 2:20 mark....😖

Last edited:

Epcot82Guy

As much as it pains me to suggest anything for the monstrosity... This could actually be a nice feature on Genie (not Genie+) if they didn't redo the loop. Be able to play background music and old loops while you are in each location on your device. Nothing would beat actually having it switch. But, it could be a nice way for people who want to grab nostalgia year round. For very, very minimal cost on Disney's side. I know for me, the music of EPCOT is a HUGE part of my love for what used to exist.

Beacon Joe

I wonder if they'll stick a giant "40" roundel on Spaceship Earth like they did at Magic Kingdom's castle. Because otherwise, you'd never know there was a notable anniversary going on.

aladdin2007

I dont think they are going to do much of anything, now American Adventure is closing and won't be open, the park is just getting so bad with an emphasis solely on drinking and closed attractions, temporary or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom