Another things wrong post

Club Cooloholic

It was four rooms. 3 in country 1 in Broadway. Must have been flustered while I was typing.
View attachment 660552
Top 3 on the left side had a room. Bottom right had a room. Two boys on the bottom left had a room. Me and my wife had a room.

Then do it. lol

Correct. Non Park-Hopper Tickets. Plus Genie+ on the last day, Animal Kingdom.

Agreed it would cost about the same going to other places.... But would the price be worth it in comparison to what you get at Disney World? In my opinion? Yes.
It's always good to explore other destinations. With 8 people that can be hard on a city, so many different interests. I suggest an all inclusive resort or cruise next time out with the group. Something for everyone and you can meet for meals easy.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
My bad, guys. Disney is perfect. They are the angels of all companies. Chapek is my god. I worship him and kiss his feet. Every single dollar I spent was justified and worth it. None of the other things I posted matter. I will forever be in debt to the mouse for my actions. Forgive me, all worthy forum posters. For my actions had consequences. I will never critique the all-time perfect never-make-a-mistake company that is Disney. Even when rides break down and maid service is only half accomplished, I will forever pay in full and tip a billion dollars for their slack. Because I know that Disney is struggling... What, with their increased profits and whatnot.

I, for one, will not cross my heart. I will instead draw three circles in sharpie on my chest and do the magic Mickey dance for my all powerful saint, St. Chapek. Forgive me, Chapek. For I know not of what I speak. I shall forever pay whatever price you demand of me. For the mouse, its merch, and its upcharges, will ALWAYS be worth it.

There was no better time, than now. Disney Parks are in the best management of their lifetimes. I will passionately make love to the taco barges. I will embrace the warmth of the $140 per night motel rooms' AC units that do not go below 68 degrees. I will forever sit on the broken down Its a Small World ride and sing of my cult's song for years to come.

Mickey, forgive me. For I have sinned.

DisneyJoe

Check-In:
°Even tho I requested rooms towards the front, or beside each other... We got 2 rooms in the farthest back of country, and one room on the opposite side in Broadway. An absolutely atrocious distance to have to walk.
If it was of the utmost importance to be at the front of the resort, it is best to pay for a preferred room, especially when you are staying at a resort with the layout of All-Star Music. Preferred rooms are in the 2 Calypso buildings. Yes, it would have cost extra, but you would have at least known what buildings you would have been in.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
If it was of the utmost importance to be at the front of the resort, it is best to pay for a preferred room, especially when you are staying at a resort with the layout of All-Star Music. Preferred rooms are in the 2 Calypso buildings. Yes, it would have cost extra, but you would have at least known what buildings you would have been in.
I had intended to, but the lady said word for word "I will put in your request, they should be able to accommodate you since we have some open rooms in Calypso."

They DID manage to get three of our four rooms beside each other. But if I had to choose between join rooms in country and separate rooms in Calypso, man would I have chosen the alternative.

DisneyJoe

I had intended to, but the lady said word for word "I will put in your request, they should be able to accommodate you since we have some open rooms in Calypso."

They DID manage to get three of our four rooms beside each other. But if I had to choose between join rooms in country and separate rooms in Calypso, man would I have chosen the alternative.
ahh - that would have been a red flag to me, because I know that the Preferred rooms in Calypso are an extra cost, not a request - and the room assigner is given the rooms to assign and looks at the requests about 3-5 days before arrival, and much can change between when you talk to the person on the phone and when you arrive. Those that pay for Preferred Rooms will be given priority over those that request them.

I wish you better luck next time, if there is a next time.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
ahh - that would have been a red flag to me, because I know that the Preferred rooms in Calypso are an extra cost, not a request - and the room assigner is given the rooms to assign and looks at the requests about 3-5 days before arrival, and much can change between when you talk to the person on the phone and when you arrive. Those that pay for Preferred Rooms will be given priority over those that request them.

I wish you better luck next time, if there is a next time.
Bunch of hoopla.

The hotel wasn't the worst part of our trip, though. It was just an added on thing that didn't help. Yet this whole thread seemed to take off only on that topic.

plutofan15

Depends if it was their bands design that failed.
Seriously? This is one of most ridiculous things I have seen on these forums. "I demand that Disney replace my Magic Band immediately at no cost to me because the design failed on my band." Everyone please be sure to check the structural integrity of your bands. :rolleyes:

Ayla

Side note -- 3 out of 8 of us have COVID now.

That's not Disney's fault and we knew the risk. But MAN... does it not help where I'm at right now. Lol. Luckily it's not me. But my wife, aunt, and brother-in-law have tested positive.
Sorry, that sucks. We ended up with covid after our Disney trip, too. I hope they all have mild cases and feel better soon.

Ignore the pixie dust huffers. Your feelings and experiences are valid and need no justification. Disney is doing a lot of things wrong right now and people need to know it. I'm sorry you had a similar experience to everyone who's visited lately.

RobWDW1971

My bad, guys. Disney is perfect. They are the angels of all companies. Chapek is my god. I worship him and kiss his feet. Every single dollar I spent was justified and worth it. None of the other things I posted matter. I will forever be in debt to the mouse for my actions. Forgive me, all worthy forum posters. For my actions had consequences. I will never critique the all-time perfect never-make-a-mistake company that is Disney. Even when rides break down and maid service is only half accomplished, I will forever pay in full and tip a billion dollars for their slack. Because I know that Disney is struggling... What, with their increased profits and whatnot.

I, for one, will not cross my heart. I will instead draw three circles in sharpie on my chest and do the magic Mickey dance for my all powerful saint, St. Chapek. Forgive me, Chapek. For I know not of what I speak. I shall forever pay whatever price you demand of me. For the mouse, its merch, and its upcharges, will ALWAYS be worth it.

There was no better time, than now. Disney Parks are in the best management of their lifetimes. I will passionately make love to the taco barges. I will embrace the warmth of the $140 per night motel rooms' AC units that do not go below 68 degrees. I will forever sit on the broken down Its a Small World ride and sing of my cult's song for years to come.

Mickey, forgive me. For I have sinned.
At emotional, stressful times like this, I turn to the immortal Broadway classic "Come From Away" for life lessons from the dramatic climax of the show - the fish kissing sequence:

"Now with every transformation
Comes a tiny bit of risk
You've got to walk the plank
And there'll be blood
Or there'll be bliss
And it's the same to be a
Newfoundlander
Every person's wish
So don't be dumb
Just take the plunge
Go on - kiss the fish!"

Wow - powerful, powerful stuff. So wise. So true.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
At emotional, stressful times like this, I turn to the immortal Broadway classic "Come From Away" for life lessons from the dramatic climax of the show - the fish kissing sequence:

"Now with every transformation
Comes a tiny bit of risk
You've got to walk the plank
And there'll be blood
Or there'll be bliss
And it's the same to be a
Newfoundlander
Every person's wish
So don't be dumb
Just take the plunge
Go on - kiss the fish!"

Wow - powerful, powerful stuff. So wise. So true.
Kissing a fish in Newfoundland would be a better vacation than the one I had, lol

BuddyThomas

Side note -- 3 out of 8 of us have COVID now.

That's not Disney's fault and we knew the risk. But MAN... does it not help where I'm at right now. Lol. Luckily it's not me. But my wife, aunt, and brother-in-law have tested positive.
That’s what happens. We have members of this very website bragging that if they test positive for COVID, they will still go to the parks. Grrr.

hismattjesty

I will embrace the warmth of the $140 per night motel rooms' AC units that do not go below 68 degrees.
Thank you for your report Wonders, and I'm sorry you had the experience you did. For future reference, I had a serious issue with the AC and not being able to go lower. All you need to do is call the front desk, and they will send maintenance to the room and unlock it. Took about 10 minutes for them to get there, and housekeeping (what little there was) was given a notice by the front desk to not touch the thermostat for the duration of our stay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom