News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

UNCgolf

That's not even remotely close to being a good source from a statistical standpoint. It's just a self-selected population of people on the Internet, and likely a pretty small sample size of them at that.

I mean, they have Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony ranked as more recognizable than Superman, which is obviously wrong. I don't think anyone would even attempt to legitimately argue that.

Last edited:

ppete1975

Remember when MK used to have three different Christmas stage shows instead of only being one?

There was "Sparkling Christmas Spectacular"

"Mickey's Twas The Night Before Christmas"

And "Miss Minnie's Country Christmas"

between costumes, sets, and performers way too expensive for low ROI.

While youre at it remove all moving water and fountains... thats not free water, and those pumps need maintenance which we refuse to do

-Current Disney thinking

Guest experience and extras that make the visits special < ways to make profit

RSoxNo1

The last thing that park needs is a major boost! Really all MK needs is to have all their venues open and attractions maintained to proper show quality. It’s always going to be the busiest park in the world. It’s the other three parks that need boosts.

I actually think a large theater would help with crowds, it would soak up a lot of people.
Dan is correct. A large theater wouldn't really move the needle attendance wise but would eat up crowds. It's EXACTLY what MK needs.

Purduevian

That's not even remotely close to being a good source from a statistical standpoint. It's just a self-selected population of people on the Internet, and likely a pretty small sample size of them at that.

I mean, they have Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony ranked as more recognizable than Superman, which is obviously wrong. I don't think anyone would even attempt to legitimately argue that.
Oh I agree it's not a good source... but the same could be argued for people on this forum arguing Mickey is more popular considering its a Disney forum.

Honestly I don't think it really matters if Disney puts a Mario show or a Mickey show in the Magic Kingdom Theater, either will be popular! (That is what the thread is about right?)/s

lazyboy97o

Oh I agree it's not a good source... but the same could be argued for people on this forum arguing Mickey is more popular considering its a Disney forum.

Honestly I don't think it really matters if Disney puts a Mario show or a Mickey show in the Magic Kingdom Theater, either will be popular! (That is what the thread is about right?)/s
The show is actually a musical adaption of 1993’s Disney produced Super Mario Bros. They’re in talks to get John Leguizamo to reprise his role as for the opening show.

SirLink

This is the argument I was making earlier. Video games are a massive industry overall, but individual games/IPs aren't on the same level as other media in terms of market penetration/cultural reach. The gaming industry is very segmented -- even just among the population who plays games, millions and millions don't care about any Nintendo titles.

They do.

UNCgolf

They do what?

If you're trying to argue that everybody who plays video games is interested in Nintendo titles, you're wrong. As I said, there are millions and millions of people who play games who don't own Nintendo systems and don't care about them. There are also millions and millions who do care, but it's not even remotely close to being a one to one ratio.

SirLink

They do what?

If you're trying to argue that everybody who plays video games is interested in Nintendo titles, you're wrong. As I said, there are millions and millions of people who play games who don't own Nintendo systems and don't care about them. There are also millions and millions who do care, but it's not even remotely close to being a one to one ratio.
1)"Individual games/IPs aren't on the same level as other media in terms of market penetration/cultural reach" - They are on the same level as cultural reach as other media
2)"The gaming industry is very segmented" - They are as the same as very other medium - when your young you watch and obsess over a Disney franchise then you grow up and watch more adult things then you when you have god kids/neices/nephews/kids/grandkids you start to obsess over Disney franchise as youngsters in your life start watching them. The same is true for Nintendo content. It all started with JumpMan

UNCgolf

1)"Individual games/IPs aren't on the same level as other media in terms of market penetration/cultural reach" - They are on the same level as cultural reach as other media
2)"The gaming industry is very segmented" - They are as the same as very other medium - when your young you watch and obsess over a Disney franchise then you grow up and watch more adult things then you when you have god kids/neices/nephews/kids/grandkids you start to obsess over Disney franchise as youngsters in your life start watching them. The same is true for Nintendo content. It all started with JumpMan

You're demonstrably wrong about that. The top video games generally don't come close to selling even half as well as the top films. And they certainly don't get nearly as much media coverage/discussion as the top films, or even top TV shows.

I don't know why so many people who play video games can't accept that -- it's like they take it as a personal affront. It makes no sense to me, because I play a bunch of video games and it's not hard for me to accept that it's a fact.

J4546

You're demonstrably wrong about that. The top video games generally don't come close to selling even half as well as the top films. And they certainly don't get nearly as much media coverage/discussion as the top films, or even top TV shows.

I don't know why so many people who play video games can't accept that -- it's like they take it as a personal affront. It makes no sense to me, because I play a bunch of video games and it's not hard for me to accept that it's a fact.
yeah but with dlc and expansions, a really good selling videogame makes way more than any movie ever has. GTA online has made like 6 billion+ dollars and still makes 100s of millions a year off shark cards. If a movie makes 500 million its considered a major success, GTA makes that every year a decade after its release

doctornick

yeah but with dlc and expansions, a really good selling videogame makes way more than any movie ever has. GTA online has made like 6 billion+ dollars and still makes 100s of millions a year off shark cards. If a movie makes 500 million its considered a major success, GTA makes that every year a decade after its release
Absolutely but the question is not whether video games make tons of money or are profitable - they absolutely are - but how wide spread the awareness and popularity are of specific video game properties.

the_rich

Absolutely but the question is not whether video games make tons of money or are profitable - they absolutely are - but how wide spread the awareness and popularity are of specific video game properties.
I believe call of duty is the highest grossing series and I'm gonna say like 90% of the population doesn't know what it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom