Right of First Refusal, how often does Disney use it?

Deranged Hermit

Original Poster
I recently put an offer in for a 150 point contract at Saratoga Springs. They family and I are psyched, but now we have to play the 30 day waiting game.
Is there a certain price per point range that Disney uses as a scale as to whether or not to exercise their right of first refusal? Or is it just a crap shoot?

nickys

Premium Member
I recently put an offer in for a 150 point contract at Saratoga Springs. They family and I are psyched, but now we have to play the 30 day waiting game.
Is there a certain price per point range that Disney uses as a scale as to whether or not to exercise their right of first refusal? Or is it just a crap shoot?
Thee are threads on the DIS and Mouseowners, to name a couple, that record ROFR to try and monitor this.

However unless you offered a “ridiculously low” price per point then it is something of a crapshoot.

It will depend on various things, like which resorts they are looking to build up their stockpile of points (which in turn will depend on demand for those points from potential buyers); what price they think they can make enough of a profit on by reselling; which resorts they want to shore up the resale price on and probably several more which I’ve not thought of.

If your sellers are international, especially from the U.K. or other parts of Europe, you should be fine. It does seem to be the case they don’t ROFR those contracts.

Good luck!

Deranged Hermit

Original Poster
Thee are threads on the DIS and Mouseowners, to name a couple, that record ROFR to try and monitor this.

However unless you offered a “ridiculously low” price per point then it is something of a crapshoot.

It will depend on various things, like which resorts they are looking to build up their stockpile of points (which in turn will depend on demand for those points from potential buyers); what price they think they can make enough of a profit on by reselling; which resorts they want to shore up the resale price on and probably several more which I’ve not thought of.

If your sellers are international, especially from the U.K. or other parts of Europe, you should be fine. It does seem to be the case they don’t ROFR those contracts.

Good luck!
Yeah, this is $125 per point at Saratoga Springs, which is right at the threshold it seems. I am paying closing costs though, so it looks like that might play in my favor a bit.

nickys

Premium Member
Yeah, this is $125 per point at Saratoga Springs, which is right at the threshold it seems. I am paying closing costs though, so it looks like that might play in my favor a bit.
I don’t know if or how closing costs affect it.

If that price is around the threshold for SSR that is currently in force, then I guess it will primarily depend on how many points they want and how many they can get at a lower price than yours.

correcaminos

I do not think closing costs really affects it. Sadly this part sucks and lately they've taken more at higher prices than expected. My CCV went through in March but boy was that stressful.

Club Cooloholic

If they didn’t then prices would start falling a year after the resort opened and never rise.

That’s not how it works! 😂😂 Prices rise as demand increases.
No usually when something depreciates like a car the price goes down. I guess we all have sought after classic cars.

nickys

Premium Member
No usually when something depreciates like a car the price goes down. I guess we all have sought after classic cars.
I was speaking about DVC. It is a different beast entirely. Prices only really drop if there’s a recession or some other event - they did drop for a while I think during the time of reduced travel after Covid. But they’ve rallied again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom