Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m probably not the first person to ask, but how would we feel about a separate thread where we actually talk about, like, what we’d like to see in the new ride, etc. I’m as bummed as anyone that the Br’ers are going away, but holy s*** this conversation is tiresome.
That's what this thread was suppose to be about when @Californian Elitist created it, but its devolved into this....

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I’m probably not the first person to ask, but how would we feel about a separate thread where we actually talk about, like, what we’d like to see in the new ride, etc. I’m as bummed as anyone that the Br’ers are going away, but holy s*** this conversation is tiresome.
If @Brer Panther or someone else would like to create a separate thread about Chambers and the other ideas and topics that have come from their posts, that would be best. This thread topic should stay as is. None of this Chambers nonsense. Take it to Twitter.

Getting this back on track, I actually am curious if Disney will stick something else PatF-themed near the ride. I’m nearly 100% sure there will be a gift shop, but does anyone have any bets on what else they may include in the area? And where?

celluloid

Getting this back on track, I actually am curious if Disney will stick something else PatF-themed near the ride. I’m nearly 100% sure there will be a gift shop, but does anyone have any bets on what else they may include in the area? And where?

The Briar Patch and Splashdown gifts as Bayou Boutique. Probably some Tiana stuff and some unique shirts for awhile, then generic princess things and eventually Avatar and Tomorrowland merch.

LittleBuford

There is no side of pro-rethemers vs. anti-rethemers
I’m sure there are many who do indeed fall into these camps (especially the latter), but my position, like yours, defies such categorisation. I’m personally sad to be losing the current theme, but I also understand why it’s happening and am optimistic for the end result. It doesn’t help any of us, or the discussion here, to frame things in all-or-nothing terms.

Dear Prudence

I’m sure there are many who do indeed fall into these camps (especially the latter), but my position, like yours, defies such categorisation. I’m personally sad to be losing the current theme, but I also understand why it’s happening and am optimistic for the end result. It doesn’t help any of us, or the discussion here, to frame things in all-or-nothing terms.
Thank you. I don't understand how so many folks on here don't understand that more than one thing can be true at the same time and that you can have more than one emotion about something at the same time.

Disney Analyst

I am much like you.

I adore Splash, always have. But I also know PatF can be a worthy IP replacement, and I have to be optimistic that they will do it justice.

I also fully understand and accept why Disney is doing this.

Many thoughts, all held at the same time.

Vegas Disney Fan

Tianas place is long overdue for a Disney park, its theme would fit better in DL but DL already has several restaurants serving southern fare so I would put it in MK instead to add Beignets, Jambalaya, Gumbo, etc as another food option in the park.

Years ago there was imagineering artwork for a DL building that was half New Orleans / half frontier that would be a good compromise to help it fit.

Maybe do something similar with the Pecos Bills building, leave the western theme facing east and retheme the western “Mexican looking“ side to Tianas.

Found the site where I saw it…https://insightsandsounds.blogspot.com/2014/09/where-frontierland-meets-new-orleans.html

84EA6DF8-9BB5-4870-B62F-C479647F8324.jpeg

Last edited:

EPCOTCenterLover

Tianas place is long overdue for a Disney park, its theme would fit better in DL but DL already has several restaurants serving southern fare so I would put it in MK instead to add Beignets, Jambalaya, Gumbo, etc as another food option in the park.

Years ago there was imagineering artwork for a DL building that was half New Orleans / half frontier that would be a good compromise to help it fit.

Maybe do something similar with the Pecos Bills building, leave the western theme facing east and retheme the western “Mexican looking“ side to Tianas.

Found the site where I saw it…https://insightsandsounds.blogspot.com/2014/09/where-frontierland-meets-new-orleans.html

View attachment 654377
I like that site a lot! 😉

yensidtlaw1969

No, but at least a hundred people online going on and on about what a great idea he had and how Disney should retheme Splash Mountain because it's racist is likely going to get someone at Disney to notice and realize "If we don't do this, we'll look bad for having a 'racist' attraction in the parks."
A couple hundred people . . . :oops: . . . didn't some 90,000 people sign a counter-petition to keep Splash Mountain as it is? And Disney ignored that because, as always, they do what they want and aren't swayed by petitions and random groups of people mouthing off on the internet?

At some point you have to grow up and get a clue. It's shocking that you're still going on about this.

Rich T

None are letdowns, all taste will vary but you will see very few people saying GOTG is bad despite being a poor fit
Runaway Railway is a letdown mainly because it bulldozed a truly amazing and slightly educational AA showcase and replaced it with a shrill, obnoxious pile of screens and a design based on the worst, most mean-spirited rendition of Mickey & crew in the company’s history. By the time it opens at DL, those versions of the characters will be about as timely and relevant as… as…
2C4BC30C-EB34-4CC4-B524-1C9F4FEB9DA4.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom