What if you owned the Disney Parks?

ppete1975

It's not so cheap anymore, unfortunately. It would have to be somewhere in the middle of nowhere, so maybe if they built their own town that would work. (Isn't that what they did in Paris because DLP is on the outskirts/suburbs, right?)

But I still say our weather is pretty sucky to be outside a lot. I wouldn't go to Disney World now either. I went once in July and swore never again, but I guess there are a lot of braver people than me lol. You are right about the location - we are a good middle ground.

I did not know that! What a neat fun fact! Yeah, if they started in the 60's then perhaps it would have worked (aside from the weather), but I don't feel like it would now.
Thats what they did in Florida, if you look back to how backwoods rural that part of florida was check out some of the backlash of disneyworld being built. Theres a really good 60 minutes about it, and the locals werent happy with the traffic about to come.
1657893905218.png

oh and heres a park you prob didnt even know existed in dallas (for a few years) supposedly theres still a part remaining.

graphite1326

Well... I don't really care much about zoos. I go for the rides! LOL But, also there's already a lot of animals in AK with the safari and the gorilla exhibit, etc. Maybe like a North American animal sanctuary or something, but not a whole zoo. What kind of animals would you fill it up with? I'm trying to think of what animals we have in the wild. Ours are not as exciting as elephants, zebras, and lions.
Bison, elk, Mountain Lions, Alligators, deer (all kinds), coyotes (both eastern and western). Black bears. Grizzley bears, eagles (not the football team), Wild horses. Just to name a few.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Thats what they did in Florida, if you look back to how backwoods rural that part of florida was check out some of the backlash of disneyworld being built. Theres a really good 60 minutes about it, and the locals werent happy with the traffic about to come.
View attachment 653399
oh and heres a park you prob didnt even know existed in dallas (for a few years) supposedly theres still a part remaining.

One of our ranches is in your western circle around Weatherford in Parker county. Over the last 20 years urban sprawl has reached our area and why I don't really know other than proximity. Its pretty flat, but the weather is really nothing short of lethal. Its been well over a hundred for the past month, currently, we're in a severe drought, and there's not enough water to support any real growth but they keep on building. We get regular tornados, hail, and lots of wind.

ppete1975

One of our ranches is in your western circle around Weatherford in Parker county. Over the last 20 years urban sprawl has reached our area and why I don't really know other than proximity. Its pretty flat, but the weather is really nothing short of lethal. Its been well over a hundred for the past month, currently, we're in a severe drought, and there's not enough water to support any real growth but they keep on building. We get regular tornados, hail, and lots of wind.
oklahoma 2.0 minus you dont get as cold. And people remember you exist haha.

Robbiem

I’d return to the vacation Kingdom of the world concept. Return standards to what they used to be for upkeep and cleanlines. Don’t leave areas closed to rot in public view. Enhance theming at resorts (tear down the values and build nicer themed value resorts like the moderates were intended to be) etc and more to do outside the parks - add a broadway show theatre, more fine dining etc. Try to broaden the appeal to all demographics not just small children families. Upgrade transportation new or refurnished monorails. Look at adding resort wide PRTs. Stop building DVCs. Have an overall plan for development of the resort rather than building on random lots.

wdwfan4ver

I'm focused on the normal operations of the parks and extra stuff for guests first.

The fact is changing attractions and stuff takes years except for canceling a project before its starts. The new Polynesian DVC can't be stopped because the Aloha area already is already demolished. The post is too already before doing changes to WDW theme parks. As far as Disneyland goes, I am not an expert in the locations where the future expansion are supposed. I also never went to Disneyland.

I know this is a wall of text coming up.

1.) No more DVC expansion at WDW after new Polynesian DVC.

2.) Get a rid of the reservation system for going into the parks. My reasoning is WDW had over 20 million guests a year before covid without a problem. The reservation system is more about Disney wanting to get cheap on hiring employees.

3.) You only could book Table service restaurants, and horse and carriage rides 14 days before your trip. Before someone gets angry over still having reservations for table service restaurants, and horse and carriage rides, there are eating places in the city I live have eating reservations up 7 or 14 days.

4.) Offer at least $20.00 an hour starting out and have WDW less short handed.

5.) Disney owned hotels, shops, food courts, and DVCS get better theming. I said theming for a reason. What happened with Grand Floridian is a prime example of bad theming. What makes it bad is Chapek had the Grand Floridian have a Beauty and the Beast themed lounge. A Beauty and and the Beast themed lounge is out of place out at the Grand Floridan. I said DVC's because of the Riviera and the concept art of Polynesian DVC.

6.) Improve the quality of food. There had been complaints about stale food at WDW for over a year. I've been reading and hearing food reviews from certain Disney websites, podcasts and vlogs. I recalled reading last year for the first night of the Halloween event having stale food. I recalled reading about a dessert back in October of last year had a bad review for most stuff in that Dessert being stale despite costing over $30.00. I know that expensive dessert is made for multiple people, but it does not exist most of the food in the dessert being sale

The Disney food blog even gave a time window when bread becomes stales at WDW.

I also read certain places at WDW have been better for vegan food than non vegan. The sale food thing is either a employee thing a policy thing, but it needs to be reviewed. The complaint about food that is not stale related needs to be looked either from a vendor standpoint or a chef standpoint.

I would have people check on food reviews online and on youtube.

7.) People can start park hop 10 in the morning.

8.) Get monorails replaced. I would do that from a gradual 10 to 15 year period. The cost is way to much for an expansion for the Monorails.

8.) Genie pass & Unlimited Genie pass replaces Genie+ and Lightning lane for Disneyland and WDW. The problem I have with Genie+ and Lightning Lane is you have to pay for both for getting the whole experience.

I am pulling what Universal did with Express pass since there are 2 versions of it at Universal. Genie pass has you skip regular lines and able to use in multiple parks, but only be able to go on each ride once. Unlimited Genie pass is the same as the first genie pass except guests to go on the same ride as many times as they want. I also have 2 because I wanted limited amount of them paid given each day. I'm guessing Genie pass would be bought after paid unlimited Genie pass runs out.

Genie pass only has 6,000 of them in a day at WDW and 5,000 in a day at Disneyland. The paid version of Unlimited Genie pass has only has 6,000 of them in a day and Disneyland with only 5,000 Unlimited Genie passes in a day. Each of these is first come, first serve.

I'm doing prices by age groups for 2 reasons for both versions of Genie pass. I feel both Genie pass would be something some age groups may not be able advantage as much. Little kids are limited for what rides they can go on due to height or scary rides and that means cost. Seniors are known to get discounts on stuff and why not on a paid fast pass system.

People under the age of 10 get Genie pass for $25.00 to $75.00 depending on the time of the year. That age group also get unlimited Genie pass for $50.00 - $150.00 depending on time of the year. This means all the passes get the most expensive during Spring break, Thanksgiving week, 2 weeks before Christmas till January 2nd.

People from the age of 10 to 64 gets Genie pass for $50 to $150.00 depending on the time of the year. That age group also can gets unlimited Genie pass unlimited $100.00 to $300.00.

Senior citizens can buy Genie pass for $37.50 to $112.50 depending on the time of the year. The same age group can buy unlimited Genie pass for $75 to $225 depending on time of the year.

Special Stuff for the guests

1.) DVC members, Guests staying at Swan Reserve, Swan & Dolphin, and Disney owned Deluxe hotels automatically Unlimited Genie pass for free for your whole stay. There is something with DVC members. They need stay a night at DVC for getting a unlimited Genie pass.

This is also true for Disneyland. What I did is I copied the Universal. People who stay at Universal owned deluxe hotels automatically get unlimited express pass for free. The Difference is I added DVC since DVC Members deserve a freebee. I know DVC's and deluxe hotels affect WDW more than Disneyland.

2.) DVC members get meal 35 percent off at Disney owned food places on New Years Day, Valentine's day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Eve.

3.) People that have their birthday during their Disneyland or WDW stay get a 35 percent off their meal on the day of their birthday.

4.) Guests staying at Disney owned hotels, Swan & Dolphin, Swan Reserve, and DVCS get an extra 1 hour and 30 minute start in the morning in the parks.

5.) Free Parking returns at Disney own hotels for guests that stay at Disney owned hotels.

SteveAZee

I hate to be a buzzkill, but...

I think a lot of the ideas listed here are great... they enhance the parks and the guest experience, but for the most part they require spending more money and take in less. Hey, it's your money (you own the parks), but I guess if I actually owned the parks, I'd go with the spend more/make more plan. I'd radically re-invest in the parks, BUT I'd really, really jack up the admission prices to help pay for a massive expansion of the place to accommodate more people with additional better, more interesting attractions. I might even try it one park at a time... there's nothing that says each park has to have the same admission price.

J4546

I would tweak the Genie App a bit....first I dont like the name Lightning Lane being used with the Genie+ App because what do genies and lightning have to do with each other? Give it a new name with the word Wish in it cause Genies grant wishes, perhaps Make a Wish lane and a portion of proceeds go to MaW of course. Then, increase price of Genie+ access to Wish lanes, its now 30 bucks for all parks. But with that 30 bucks you do get 1 "wish" (access to a ILL attraction that has a paid per ride upcharge like GotG or whatevs) I want to make Genie+ at that level where the Lightning/MaW lanes are actually really quick and not almost as long as standby

I would also do something about annual passes for crowd control. I am a poor person, and when things cost more money it really sucks, but also when the parks are just jam packed to capacity the entire experience also really sucks imo and I would want to limit that as much as possible. Maybe a new style annual pass but can only be used a certain amount of days per month or something I dont know, I sure smarter people could think of something.

First parks I would tackle are the 2 Studios Parks in FL and Paris

In FL I would want to use the entire NW expansion plot in DHS including getting rid of the Animation plaza building thats currently SW Launch Bay, then entire plot would be leveled except the parking structure and it would be a massive Marvel based land, not even just Avengers but X-Men and FF and other major players as well. Behind the scenes I would be doing whatever needs to be done to negotiate the rights to all the marvel characters Universal owns so that I could build a massive Marvel expansion in DHS, not an avengers campus but something much more larger scale, like the concept art for Hong Kongs avengers ride expansion....that type of stuff. But you have to have all the characters so you can go all out to make that investment worth it. So in summary, Id go really big with a Marvel based expansion

In Paris I want to add another ride to Frozen Land, maybe the sliding sleighs ride that was cancelled in HK? or maybe a Matterhorn style coaster...I want that Frozen land to be the best Frozen land becuase it will be the parks Icon. Also bring a new E-ticket to their AC or at least get the massive outdoor show venue an avengers themed live action show....seems like that will happen right? Also Id like to move Toy Story Land and plus it up a bit and put it where the Cars Rt66 thing is (that ride is gonna be gone in 10 years regardless probably) so Ill give TSL to that area, and where TSL was I want it developed with another dark ride thats 8-10 minute long...maybe Aristocats? something classic Disney that takes place in Paris, and theme that new building to fit in with the Rat building and make a complete immersive central courtyard square with a bigger fountain in the center. Heck maybe 2 smaller dark rides, one using Omnimover like Mermaid and one classic on rail themed to classic Disney that fits in the Paris courtyard theme.

Im too tired to write out the rest, but thats a start

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
  • I immediately cancel all annual passes. This is to reduce vloggers and locals who go all the time (trying to reduce crowds after all)
Get ready to for a class action breach of contract lawsuit.

Maybe change the terms and conditions to exclude annual pass use for commercial purposes from next renewal onward (again, to avoid a class action breach lawsuit)

wdwfan4ver

I hate to be a buzzkill, but...

I think a lot of the ideas listed here are great... they enhance the parks and the guest experience, but for the most part they require spending more money and take in less. Hey, it's your money (you own the parks), but I guess if I actually owned the parks, I'd go with the spend more/make more plan. I'd radically re-invest in the parks, BUT I'd really, really jack up the admission prices to help pay for a massive expansion of the place to accommodate more people with additional better, more interesting attractions. I might even try it one park at a time... there's nothing that says each park has to have the same admission price.
You don't know yet what I am looking at for attractions or my actions with attractions for WDW. When you made your post, I was starting to work on my plans for Epcot. I am treating the time factor posting like I did years ago in the imagineering forum. I like to think things through when it comes to theme park decisions.

I like to do something Frozen in Epcot, but can't due to meet and greet building. You could have so many shops in a pavilion and rather not tear down a building due to cost.

Disney's park reservation system is free right now, but its causing Disney trips be even more of a chore. The fact is you have to reserve a WDW theme park to get in despite paying for tickets already.

Cutting down the amount of Days ahead of time to 2 weeks before a WDW for reservations for a table service is not hurting Disney from a money.

What I am doing with food quality is not as much with price as much as the fear of people going off Disney property for good food because of word of mouth about stale food or some foods done poorly will spread.

I want stop building DVC's because Disney's Riviera Resort did have problems originally selling points leading up to the opening of the resort. There had been reports in the past about the Riviera having the worst value for a DVC, but how much is caused by that and how much is the market for DVC starting to dry up. I am fear of DVC market starting to dry up for WDW and keeping building DVCS is not a good idea as a result.

I am looking at things differently than you for multiple reasons.

1.) I've read online on people no longer be interested in WDW due to stuff like doing reservations for fastpass. People have complain on online articles about Genie + and Lightning lane. People having bad experiences at a theme park is not good a theme park in the long run. Simplify things or make people think you getting money's worth will bring people back at some point.

2.) I'm viewing Universal as a threat. I am doing homework on Universal for a future trip that is part Universal and part WDW and it seems like Universe is better at guest experiences than Disney. I never went to Universal before in my life and finding that out is not something I'm happy with in terms of Disney. I grew up with Disney, not Universal.

Epic Universe is suppose to open in 2025. I don't have faith in any projects I have in mind inside WDW be ready shortly after Epic Universe opens if I were running Disney parks starting in July of this year. I expect Epic Universe to be open before July of 2025 and Disney theme park attractions usually take 3 years at least. I'm in a better position for countering the rumor of Lords of the Rings being one of the first Epic Universe expansions instead of facing the grand opening of Epic Universe.

Chapek's actions already done already forced to me go on the defense if I bought Disney parks. What Epcot has under Chapek left can't counter Epic Universe well such as the Moana walkthrough attraction. The only thing I can do if guests knows WDW now is a more guest friendly and give guests the best experiences as possible. Giving good experiences can used as damage control if you have nothing else compared to competition having a new park.

Last edited:

spock8113

Oh, the things I'd do. However, the following probably applies to myself as well.....eventually, and that is:
"Absolute power corrupts absolutely". None of us are impervious and that's a huge human flaw.

IanDLBZF

Improve G+/LL, removing ILL, and including G+ with APs.
I'd also build better relationships with CM unions to improve working conditions, and build CM Morale.
I'd nix the Splash Mountain retheme all together.
I'd improve quality of food and state-of-good repair across the entire property.
I'd reintroduce the AP program and eliminate all park pass reservation requirements for all guests.
I'd also lower food & beverage prices, water bottles especially.
I'd ensue a rainy-day fund to build at least 2 more gates using bonds and private loans, as well as some company profits.
I'd also replace the entire fleet of monorails with new equipment, using Federal RIFF Funding. And also introduce bus rapid transit from DAK to the All Star Resorts and to AKL.
I'd eliminate on-site parking fees for all value, moderate, and select deluxe resorts, introduce free parking for APs, DVC, and TIW members, as well as introducing multi-use "chaser" tickets, and monthly passes for more frequent non-AP/DVC folks.
I'd also improve theming at ALL resorts.
I'd also like to hold monthly town-hall meetings with fans to hear out any issues parks and resorts are experiencing and allow management to work with FANS to devise solutions.
I'd also build a Brightline/SunRail/Amtrak station at the TTC, thus making it an intermodal hub.

ppete1975

Get ready to for a class action breach of contract lawsuit.

Maybe change the terms and conditions to exclude annual pass use for commercial purposes from next renewal onward (again, to avoid a class action breach lawsuit)
Are you saying I have to allow people to renew their annual passes? Or that I cant cancel them and say effective today you cant use your AP.

If its the latter, I am sorry not what I meant. You just couldnt renew them.

Is there something in the fine print that says you have the right to renew?

ppete1975

This. Unless they did something to warrant the cancellation of the AP. Granted, a cancellation with notice and retroactive refund could fly.
Nah I wouldnt be that cruel. Just no renewals. Sorry I wasnt clear when I wrote my diatribe.. i was fueled by disney love, power and mountain dew.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom