Rumor New AK nighttime development

DisneyDebRob

It is the most beautiful nighttime park, but there's not enough to do to keep guests inside the park the entire day.

MK is open to 11PM (and the crowds should be pushing it to 12 most days now) while DAK struggles to keep people to 8PM. Most people are out of DAK by 5PM
Not only the most beautiful at night but during the day also.
It definitely needs a few more attractions but to say it couldn’t keep people in the park from opening to close is just not true. We have never, not once did everything in one day at AK. Sure, do it like most people that say they do it in half a day.. FoP.. EE.. maybe the safari..then out. Well thats not doing AK . We try to do all the shows.. both walking trails, Gorilla falls and the jungle trek..all attractions..lunch and dinner.. bit of shopping..take the train and try to draw a character… we cant do it. We always spend 2 sometimes 3 days just to enjoy it all-at a relaxed pace. Its really an amazing park with the exception of a few areas in dino land.

I guess we can say Epcot is a half day park if we do it the way same way they do AK. Walk through WS in a few hrs.. ride just 2 or 3 attractions then out. Not really enjoying what’s around you. Same for HS.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

I think at this moment they have up on anything nighttime related except the ToL Beacon of Magic and Nightime awakenings....If it gets to a point they could even make AK the 5 o'clock park again..

ToTBellHop

Drone show. We need a drone show.

And build 'ruins' into the lake that hide nozzles that can make a sustained water screen that isn't ruined by a slight breeze for projections (rather than try to make the water screen from a nozzle 50 yards away).
Only drones can tastefully depict two birds mating. That NC-17 “flight” during FotLK leaves children forever changed, their innocence lost.

SplashJacket

Not only the most beautiful at night but during the day also.
It definitely needs a few more attractions but to say it couldn’t keep people in the park from opening to close is just not true. We have never, not once did everything in one day at AK. Sure, do it like most people that say they do it in half a day.. FoP.. EE.. maybe the safari..then out. Well thats not doing AK . We try to do all the shows.. both walking trails, Gorilla falls and the jungle trek..all attractions..lunch and dinner.. bit of shopping..take the train and try to draw a character… we cant do it. We always spend 2 sometimes 3 days just to enjoy it all-at a relaxed pace. Its really an amazing park with the exception of a few areas in dino land.

I guess we can say Epcot is a half day park if we do it the way same way they do AK. Walk through WS in a few hrs.. ride just 2 or 3 attractions then out. Not really enjoying what’s around you. Same for HS.
A couple weeks ago we walked in the park around 11:30 am.

We did Nemo, Dinosaur, Everest, Asia trail, Kali, Birds of Flight, Navi River Journey, ate in Pandora, Lion King, Flight of Passage, Safari, Gorilla Falls trail, Everest again, and It’s Tough to be a bug. We left the park just before 7 despite it closing at 8 and went to Boma’s an hour before our reservation.

Things we didn’t do: Wilderness Explorers scavenger hunt thing, Rafiki’s Planet Watch, Discovery Island Trails, TriceraTop Spin, or the Bone Yard.

So no, I strongly disagree. Epcot isn’t a half day park even if you only did rides from opening to close. Animal Kingdom can’t even fill it’s more limited operating hours with things to do if you do literally everything. I love Animal Kingdom so I could go for a several days each trip, but you can easily do it all in one day.

Animal Kingdom will forever be disregarded as a zoo until you can do nothing but rides for the entire day. Epcot is a fantastic park because you can spend your day doing so many different things. You can do only rides, you can do no rides, you can just stroll around and eat, etc etc, and Epcot delivers a full-day experience regardless of how people approach the parks.

I love the Animal Kingdom trails, but some people just don’t like walking, and while walking is baked into any Disney vacation, it can still be a turnoff.

Animal Kingdom is a very divisive park because, to some, it’s the worst in Orlando, but to others, it’s the best. Like I’ve said previously, I absolutely love it, but I love it because it fits my desires from a park, but if you don’t share my desires in a park, you likely aren’t going to love it. It’s serving a far more niche audience than the other parks.

In my opinion, it has the best shows, streetmosphere (animals, music, Kevin, tree woman), theming, and atmosphere of any WDW park. The rides, while all good individually, just lack so substantially in quantity. Animal Kingdom’s ride lineup needs to be doubled.

That would put the park at 12 rides, excluding Dino and Rafiki’s train. The ride lineup at Animal Kingdom is pretty top-heavy right now. They don’t need to add 6 headliners, honestly, one would suffice. But imagine another ride in Pandora, two in the current Dinoland area, another in the foothills of Everest, a ride in Africa, and one in Asia. At that point, Animal Kingdom would arguably be the best park in the world. Adding 6 rides isn’t even that insane. DisneySea is adding 5? to the Fantasy Springs expansion, and to me, DisneySea’s major flaw was its weak ride-lineup, just like Animal Kingdom.

If Animal Kingdom doesn’t get a major announcement for D23, Disney is utterly brain dead.

What’s interesting is Hollywood Studios has the opposite problem, great rides and a decent number of them, but then nothing else.

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

A couple weeks ago we walked in the park around 11:30 am.

We did Nemo, Dinosaur, Everest, Asia trail, Kali, Birds of Flight, Navi River Journey, ate in Pandora, Lion King, Flight of Passage, Safari, Gorilla Falls trail, Everest again, and It’s Tough to be a bug. We left the park just before 7 despite it closing at 8 and went to Boma’s an hour before our reservation.

Things we didn’t do: Wilderness Explorers scavenger hunt thing, Rafiki’s Planet Watch, Discovery Island Trails, TriceraTop Spin, or the Bone Yard.

So no, I strongly disagree. Epcot isn’t a half day park even if you only did rides from opening to close. Animal Kingdom can’t even fill it’s more limited operating hours with things to do if you do literally everything. I love Animal Kingdom so I could go for a several days each trip, but you can easily do it all in one day.

Animal Kingdom will forever be disregarded as a zoo until you can do nothing but rides for the entire day. Epcot is a fantastic park because you can spend your day doing so many different things. You can do only rides, you can do no rides, you can just stroll around and eat, etc etc, and Epcot delivers a full-day experience regardless of how people approach the parks.

I love the Animal Kingdom trails, but some people just don’t like walking, and while walking is baked into any Disney vacation, it can still be a turnoff.

Animal Kingdom is a very divisive park, because, to some, it’s the worst in Orlando, but to others, it’s the best. Like I’ve said previously, I absolutely love it, but I love it because it fits my desires from a park, but if you don’t share my desires in a park, you likely aren’t going to love it. It’s serving a far more niche audience than the other parks.

In my opinion, it has the best shows, streetmosphere (animals, music, Kevin, tree woman), theming, and atmosphere of any WDW park. The rides, while all good individually, just lack so substantially in quantity. Animal Kingdom’s ride lineup needs to be doubled.

That would put the park at 12 rides excluding Dino and Rafiki’s train. The ride lineup at Animal Kingdom is pretty top-heavy right now. They don’t need to add 6 headliners, honestly, one would suffice. But imagine another ride in Pandora, two in the current Dinoland area, another in the foothills of Everest, a ride in Africa, and one in Asia. At that point, Animal Kingdom would arguably be the best park in the world. Honestly, adding 6 rides isn’t that insane. DisneySea is adding 5? to the Fantasy Springs expansion, and to me, DisneySea’s major flaw was its weak ride-lineup just like Animal Kingdom.

If Animal Kingdom doesn’t get a major announcement for D23, Disney is utterly brain dead.

What’s interesting is Hollywood Studios has the opposite problem, great rides and a decent number of them, but then nothing else.
Agree with everything you said about it being beautiful park, but after 22 years of going each year, sometimes twice in a year.. still havent done it in a day. Maybe we just are slower or stop and enjoy the surroundings more then your family but it hasn’t happened for us yet.
Agree that it needs a major announcement soon.

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

To piggyback off those saying DAK is a half-day park/there's not enough to do... Based on attractions, there isn't. I think the park is the most well themed park in Orlando, however, there are not enough rides. I also hate the argument that AK "is not a zoo" but then highlight the several "zoo-esque" activities you could do to fill your day there. That is my big problem with the park, it needs more B & C tickets, as well as DHS and Epcot, but we all know that.

wdwfan22

Animal Kingdom definitely needs more attractions to keep it from being a half day park. The majority of Guests have no interest in walking trails to see animals that you can do at any zoo. I'm not saying there are not people who enjoy this, I'm saying the majority of Guests don't. Add more attractions/shows and then you have a full day park.

brb1006

Animal Kingdom definitely needs more attractions to keep it from being a half day park. The majority of Guests have no interest in walking trails to see animals that you can do at any zoo. I'm not saying there are not people who enjoy this, I'm saying the majority of Guests don't. Add more attractions/shows and then you have a full day park.
Yeah, besides Festival of The Lion King, Feathered Friends in Flight Bird Show, and Discovery Island Carnivale (I think that show got cut a few years ago) AK is notably lacking in shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom