News Walt Disney World's iconic Twilight Zone Tower of Terror billboard to be permanently removed

matt9112

This.....is rubbish..... can't wait for all the die hards to swoop in and defend disney by telling us how trivial this sign is and how it has zero impact on ones vacation so why should anyone care.

Stuff like this made disney unique and god there on a record pace to be as plain and normal as possible.

Creathir

Seriously…?
I get that it serves little to no purpose, but these little touches are what makes WDW what it is.
Bob Chapek and all those in charge, your empty, penny counting souls can rot in the unimaginative, number crunching hell you’re bringing on yourselves.

I hope they enjoy counting pennies, because in times, that is all that will be left of this once great place…

EPCOT-O.G.

Maybe this has to do with the rights $$$ Disney has to pay out to CBS for Twilight Zone? That’s one of the rumors for it’s expected reskin, to get away from having to pay $$ for the rights to “Twilight Zone”

techgeek

I have no strong feelings about the loss of this.

Honestly, I always thought it was an odd thing from the beginning. There aren't many attraction billboards on property to begin with, why was Tower given one when it opened and why was it allowed to persist for decades while other new attractions didn't get the same treatment? I also thought its location was odd, in the middle median of World Drive in sight of the ride itself. Originally I remember thinking it was sort of tacky and added a visual clutter that was out of place in the context of the rest of the streamlined World Drive entry experience. But, I can understand how its uniqueness and charm might endear it to some.

Disney Glimpses

See, unlike the Resort TV channel, this is an actual small touch that was unique to WDW and made a simple drive down the road a little more exciting. I thought it was cool when I was six and I thought it was cool last week as a 30 year old.
An attraction billboard is unique to WDW?

But see, not so fun to have the small details you love stripped away and belittled by others. 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom