News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

No Name

How about they name the ride something that will potentially be uttered out of a human mouth? Imagine yourself saying to someone “Hey, want to ride Tiana’s Bayou Adventure?” You won’t say that. It’s clunky and lame and a shadow of the former (still applicable) name.

There’s not even a standout word in there for people to fall back on like there is for Frozen Ever After, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, etc. It’s not even good at being a bad name.

Tom Morrow

Jack Sparrow's Swashbuckling Adventure
Br'er Rabbit's Laughin' Place Adventure
Master Gracey's Spooky Adventure
Peter Pan's Flying Adventure
Donald Duck's Musical Adventure
The Seven Dwarf's Mining Adventure
Alice's Tea Party Adventure
Buzz Lightyear's Space Adventure
Nemo's "I'm Intentionally Being a Jerk To My Dad This Time" Adventure
Epcot's Hydroponics Adventure
Figment's Imagination Adventure
Chevrolet's Car Designing Adventure
Gary Sinise's Space Training Adventure
Donald's Mexico Adventure
Martin Short's Canada Adventure
Indiana Jones' Adventure Adventure
C3P0'S Space Travel Adventure
Hondo's Smuggling Adventure
Slinky Dog's Backyard Adventure
Buzz & Woody's Carnival Game Adventure
Rod Serling's Haunted Hotel Adventure
Aerosmith's LA Freeway Adventure
Dr. Seeker's Late Cretaceous Period Adventure
Bob & Norbu's Yeti Adventure
Goddess Kali's River Adventure
Wilson Mitua's Animal Adventure

and so on

Skywise

Jack Sparrow's Swashbuckling Adventure
Br'er Rabbit's Laughin' Place Adventure
Master Gracey's Spooky Adventure
Peter Pan's Flying Adventure
Donald Duck's Musical Adventure
The Seven Dwarf's Mining Adventure
Alice's Tea Party Adventure
Buzz Lightyear's Space Adventure
Nemo's "I'm Intentionally Being a Jerk To My Dad This Time" Adventure
Epcot's Hydroponics Adventure
Figment's Imagination Adventure
Chevrolet's Car Designing Adventure
Gary Sinise's Space Training Adventure
Donald's Mexico Adventure
Martin Short's Canada Adventure
Indiana Jones' Adventure Adventure
C3P0'S Space Travel Adventure
Hondo's Smuggling Adventure
Slinky Dog's Backyard Adventure
Buzz & Woody's Carnival Game Adventure
Rod Serling's Haunted Hotel Adventure
Aerosmith's LA Freeway Adventure
Dr. Seeker's Late Cretaceous Period Adventure
Bob & Norbu's Yeti Adventure
Goddess Kali's River Adventure
Wilson Mitua's Animal Adventure

and so on
Great - now you're going to make them rename AdventureLand!

Last edited:

Kirby86

I hope the retheme is good I really do but I'm being honest I wasn't that big of a fan of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. When the most memorable things to me about your ride is the admittedly clever pre-show and that they had a picture of Walt with one of his trains while leaving instead of the ride itself that's an issue. Hopefully the team brought their A-game.

Ghost93

No it wouldn't. I heard from someone who went to WDW recently and the animatronics are in terrible disrepair. Management would be looking for any excuse to replace whether twitter existed or not.
To be fair, the America Sings animatronics are nearly 50 years old. It's probably time for them all to be replaced.

Dan Deesnee

Genuine question.

Why does Disney need to respond in some big way to EU ASAP? UO is still playing catch up to Disney.

WDW has opened New Fantasyland, Galaxy’s Edge, Pandora, and many new attractions.

I genuinely don’t understand this line of thought?

Because Disney has been losing ground to them in attendance for a good handful of years. When you're number 1, you better keep doing everything possible to stay number 1. Disney is not doing what it takes to stay on top and they're paying the price with lower attendance. Eventually that price my be becoming number 2 to Universal. Think that's impossible? Don't underestimate the popularity of Harry Potter, Nintendo, and some of DreamWorks franchises like How to Train your Dragon and that monster animated movie with Adam Sandler. Also don't underestimate how ticked off people are with WDW for a huge multitude of reasons.

I don't have the links on hand but there are several sources that collect theme park attendance, etc. If I have time to find the data I'll try to post it here.

Disney Analyst

Because Disney has been losing ground to them in attendance for a good handful of years. When you're number 1, you better keep doing everything possible to stay number 1. Disney is not doing what it takes to stay on top and they're paying the price with lower attendance. Eventually that price my be becoming number 2 to Universal. Think that's impossible? Don't underestimate the popularity of Harry Potter, Nintendo, and some of DreamWorks franchises like How to Train your Dragon and that monster animated movie with Adam Sandler. Also don't underestimate how ticked off people are with WDW for a huge multitude of reasons.

I don't have the links on hand but there are several sources that collect theme park attendance, etc. If I have time to find the data I'll try to post it here.

Here you go.

2019 is last real data we have, 2020 was of course… weird.

413FF63A-ACF5-4447-83A1-EB430284EE81.jpeg
45A8AC1A-B826-42E8-9263-8125C805E5A1.jpeg
3FF4C988-C7AD-4519-96AA-8A5FBF6CE1DF.jpeg

Next Big Thing

How about they name the ride something that will potentially be uttered out of a human mouth? Imagine yourself saying to someone “Hey, want to ride Tiana’s Bayou Adventure?” You won’t say that. It’s clunky and lame and a shadow of the former (still applicable) name.

There’s not even a standout word in there for people to fall back on like there is for Frozen Ever After, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, etc. It’s not even good at being a bad name.
Yeah, I actually had the same thought. There's no way i'll ever call it Tiana's Bayou Adventure. Not out of some sort of stupid protest, but because it's a bad name that has no catchy component to it at all.

Dan Deesnee

At this rate, Universal WILL overtake Disney, sometime after all of our great grandchildren are dead. Best watch out for Fantaworld by then, though!

Your biggest competitor gaining big % increases over you is a huge concern. And yes, 2-6% yoy increases are big and compounded they can have a quicker impact than many might think.

Now, the arrogance of Disney's current leadership leads me to think that they probably view Epic Universe as something to not be concerned with. I personally think none of them deserve the jobs they have, they don't understand the parks.

bryanfze55

Your biggest competitor gaining big % increases over you is a huge concern. And yes, 2-6% yoy increases are big and compounded they can have a quicker impact than many might think.

Now, the arrogance of Disney's current leadership leads me to think that they probably view Epic Universe as something to not be concerned with. I personally think none of them deserve the jobs they have, they don't understand the parks.
I’m sure Epic Universe will be accompanied by price increases. It’s existence won’t be in a vacuum. As Universal matures, it will face its own unique issues as well. WDW is in full-on cash cow mode… Universal is still in its infancy in comparison. A worthy competitor, but there’s a lot of intangibles like legacy and family friendliness that they just don’t possess.

Ghost93

I actually think just "Bayou Adventure" would work better than "Tiana's Bayou Adventure." Tiana's Bayou Adventure means the guests are spending their time watching Tiana do exciting things where "Bayou Adventure" is not only shorter and catchier, but it also means that YOU the guest are the one embarking on the adventure through the Bayou.

Kirby86

Im not going to say Universal Studios Florida is for certain going to overtake Disney World that's a high number. However I will say that Comcast seems to be motivated to try to level the playing field. In theory that means Disney would put their best foot forward to stay ahead but I'm not sure they are going to. Coincidence or not a retheme to a ride is not what you want to have as an alternative while your competitor is opening a new park.

No Name

Splash Mountain was a terrible name. Had nothing to do with the story of the ride. It wasn't a mountain in the story, nor in real life (50 feet do not a mountain make). And the 'splash' part of the name was from Eisner who wanted to promote the film, "Splash."

Imagine the hoots and hollers the ride's name would have received if it opened in the Internet Age.
  • They're just recycling America Sings AAs... no new AAs is just Eisner being cheap.
  • You know, in the story, it's specifically a "hill." Disney is over doing it calling everything a 'mountain'!!
  • Can you believe it's called "Splash" not because of actual splashing, but because Eisner wanted to promote "Splash" the movie??!!!
  • Y'all know this is from a racist movie, right?
MisterPenguin is a terrible name. You are almost certainly not a penguin. And you probably have a doctorate.

Regarding Splash Mountain, I think it was a clever name that was actually speakable in conversation and played nicely off of Space Mountain. People liked the name, it clearly worked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom