News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Seriously though, if things are so bad why do the guests keep going? Why do they keep acting against their own best interests? You want to be mad at the board for not listening to the guests, but everytime they go to the parks, they are literally telling the board it is still worth the money.

Either the guests don't care about the problems, or they are finding value in the park experience that the community can't fathom.
Because adults are spoiled and want immediate diversion/gratification as children once did exclusively.

That is the wdw clientele specifically. It is what it is.

Helps people like chapek mask his low quality

Kamikaze

If anything, Chapek is the epitome of the American dream.

Where else but the mighty United States of America can a non-charismatic, socially awkward, incompetent at every previous level, middle manager rise through the ranks to run and be retained at the top of the largest and most influential media company the world has ever seen? Nowhere else, that's right!

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Lilofan

Seriously though, if things are so bad why do the guests keep going? Why do they keep acting against their own best interests? You want to be mad at the board for not listening to the guests, but everytime they go to the parks, they are literally telling the board it is still worth the money.

Either the guests don't care about the problems, or they are finding value in the park experience that the community can't fathom.
I've read eligible CA residents are going to get approx $1K each from local govt to assist in dealing w/ high gas prices. Road trip- DLR!

Lilofan

If anything, Chapek is the epitome of the American dream.

Where else but the mighty United States of America can a non-charismatic, socially awkward, incompetent at every previous level, middle manager rise through the ranks to run and be retained at the top of the largest and most influential media company the world has ever seen? Nowhere else, that's right!

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
Possible business case studies in MBA classes - the rise of Chapek and how he dealt with Covid among the many who wanted him gone.

ElvisMickey

Nope…it’s just that you didn’t produce anything worthy of a thought out answer. Bad tv filled tag lines and nonsense for ads.

Adieu, mon ami
OK, so why was Peter Rice fired? I’d love to hear your opinion. And I’m not busting your b*lls or trying to argue, if there’s something I don’t know I’d like to be filled in. We all want what’s best for this company…

MrPromey

What’s stupid about this is the timing…no reason for it now: it’s not gonna calm the market…likely opposite. And he wasn’t gonna be “stolen”

This is really just board incompetence. No desire to find a better person. Lazy fat cats.

I imagine there was a major cardboard manufacturer or meat packing conglomerate eyeballing him pretty carefully and that must have been what spooked them.

UNCgolf

Really? Why would the board extend him for 3 years after firing golden boy far left activist, Peter Rice?

Yes, Peter Rice is so far left that he's close to Rupert Murdoch.

I don't think you understand what far left is. Most of what you've mentioned is closer to being a centrist or just moderately left than anything remotely near the far left.

Regardless, Rice was fired because Chapek felt threatened, not because of anything political.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Chapek when he appears to the masses at the D23expo..
giphy.webp

ElvisMickey

Yes, Peter Rice is so far left that he's close to Rupert Murdoch.

I don't think you understand what far left is. Most of what you've mentioned is closer to being a centrist or just somewhat left than anything remotely near the far left.
So everyone wants to go this route but no one can explain why he was fired and if it was such a travesty, why did the board extend Chapek today? When someone wants to give a legit answer instead of deflecting, I’ll be listening….

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom