Reservation expansion

Touchdown

serious question.... do alot of people park hop and actually get to their 2nd park prior to 2pm... i always get a park hopper and honestly probably only use it 2 days maybe 3 but i dont think ive ever gotten to my 2nd park that early... possibly on my last full day before leaving if there are some rides we want to hit up before ending the trip at MK but for most part always after 2pm.....
Loved going to Epcot for lunch during festivals.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Seems like the easiest answer is to just scrap the entire thing.

LOL
images

nickys

Premium Member

Disney is considering expanding Park Pass reservation system for park hopping at Walt Disney World​

Without having read through a dozen pages since this was posted, I’m thoroughly confused.

Is the idea that we would reserve the second (and subsequent) parks in advance? I don’t understand this line form Steve’s article:

The change would allow guests greater flexibility in their trip planning but would further increase the already complicated and frustrating process of securing park reservations before a visit.

So much for yesterday’s “this isn’t going to happen” discussion. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Without having read through a dozen pages since this was posted, I’m thoroughly confused.

Is the idea that we would reserve the second (and subsequent) parks in advance? I don’t understand this line form Steve’s article:

The change would allow guests greater flexibility in their trip planning but would further increase the already complicated and frustrating process of securing park reservations before a visit.

So much for yesterday’s “this isn’t going to happen” discussion. :banghead::banghead::banghead:
The only thing that seems concrete at this point is that the current park reservation system in incredibly unpopular and a large source of negative guest satisfaction. It seemed inevitable that the system would change however, no disrespect to the OP, but the way in which it was described by possibly a call center CM seemed questionable.

What has happened since then, is that there are multiple variations of future park pass systems being described. Each explanation of them are sort of similar with a couple of differences. Also, unless I'm wrong there was no specific date mentioned or that any change was imminent.

JTH781

serious question.... do alot of people park hop and actually get to their 2nd park prior to 2pm... i always get a park hopper and honestly probably only use it 2 days maybe 3 but i dont think ive ever gotten to my 2nd park that early... possibly on my last full day before leaving if there are some rides we want to hit up before ending the trip at MK but for most part always after 2pm.....
Prior to covid yes my family would do this all the time.

nickys

Premium Member
Yes, we did if we were trying to re-ride one particular ride and then spend the rest of the day elsewhere.

Or walking through Epcot to the monorail.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I have a legit question. What is the point of keeping date based tickets now if they are keeping park reservation system permanently? A date based ticket should guarantee admission IMO.
I think I know the answer to this one.

Our last few trips we paid a higher per day average than what we were actually going to use. Example: We buy 5 day ticket and have resort stay Mon thru Fri. But… these new tickets are pricing in the more expensive weekend days even though we’ll be home by then. They do it under the guise of allowing a longer range of days to use the ticket, but often it just means people paying higher per day ticket prices than what they’re actually gonna use.

So… like everything, more money.

UNCgolf

The last couple of times I went we were hopping well before 2 PM on at least 3 days. We went for a week both trips, which would generally mean one full day in each park and then the other 3 days were spent hopping, except that DHS is only a half-day park so we were usually hopping from there by mid-afternoon even on the "full" day.

It was especially useful with FP+, where you could pick up a Tier 1 ride you missed on your other park day in the morning and then leave that park after riding. But EPCOT is also a great place to jump for lunch in general because of the numerous options, and the 2 PM restriction makes that mostly unfeasible. Even if you're at the gate right at 2, by the time you walk somewhere and actually get food you're likely not eating before 2:30-3.

One day we were at the MK for like an hour and a half in the morning, then went to EPCOT around 11:30, had lunch there and did SSE, then were over at AK by 2:30 or so.

The hopping restriction eliminates that, and if it doesn't go away, if I ever go back it would likely be for a shorter trip -- and that can't possibly be what Disney wants.

Brian Noble

do alot of people park hop and actually get to their 2nd park prior to 2pm
I've been known to start my morning in Studios and go to Epcot for lunch--especially during a festival. The lines in studios get stupid-long by mid-morning and the CS food there is generally not great. That's usually the only time I'll do it though. More often it's morning through lunch in a park/break at the resort/evening in a park, when the evening might or might not be in another park.

And yes, the Skyliner is what makes this doable. Prior to that, I probably would not have bothered.

nickys

Premium Member
Now that I’ve read through it all….

- A couple of very suggestive and potentially informative posts were deleted.
- As @monothingie said, no timeline for anything since the OP
- none of this is making it easy to plan for a Christmas trip, not knowing how G+ is going to work and now not knowing how park hopping will work (even apparently whether our park hopper tickets will allow us to park hop) :banghead::banghead:

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
You can but I meant like, we'd typically eat breakfast, head into EPCOT around 10ish..walk through, maybe grab a coffee, ride Spaceship earth, take some photos and hop on the monorail to get to MK at 11. That's completely ruined now.
It’s a great set up from Epcot resorts because you kind of multi task, walking through Epcot to get to MK monorail while doing stuff in Epcot along the way.

hopemax

My Dad is a local, lives 20 miles north of the MK. His typical pre-Covid day was to park at MK, head to the park, do some shopping (Christmas ornaments & pins), eat a Nutella waffle at Sleepy Hollow and then head down to Epcot, shop & pintrade, sometimes head over to the Epcot resorts for pin trading and pop into DHS for more of the same, get lunch somewhere along the way. Before taking a bus back up to the Polynesian and walking back to his car and be on the way back home by 2pm. This park reservation system has put a real damper on his usual routine. Last week he made a big loop because he decided to collect the ornaments modeled after the hotels and attraction facades. I am going to get an earful if I have to tell him he needs to make multiple park reservations to do that. And all he wants to do is spend money and not ride rides. But that’s not good enough for Disney anymore, apparently. He has a main entrance pass, so usually last dibs for anything.

James Alucobond

Heck, I'll even use EPCOT to get to DHS from a MK resort. Something about spending a little time at EPCOT every morning that is just so nice and really hits that Disney vacation vibe I'm looking for. Not being able to do that really stinks.
This is definitely me. I would much rather take a stress-free walk through EPCOT while being in no particular hurry to get to my destination than take a crammed-full bus to Boardwalk or Hollywood Studios.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
What if someone wanted to then hop to a third park? Would that not be allowed with a two parks per day maximum?

The 2 PM hopping limit is already one of the major reasons I don't have any current plans to go back -- anything that potentially restricts it further is just throwing gas on a fire.
How dare they want to have freedom during their vacation. The mouse won’t allow it

Wow! I just finished reading the thread. I have a stay at YC for the first week of August. We got PHs and Genie+ tickets prior to June 8. I was trying to figure out the best G+/PH strategies - and now more changes. I am getting a headache. . .

I do appreciate the heads up!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom