Dinosaur has seen better days

SplashJacket

Original Poster
Many, many animatronics broken.

Initial triceratops still.

First raptor completely still.

Pterodactyl didn’t slide towards us.

Main Dino with photo was in B-mode, so we got our photo from Dino on a stick while the huge Dino was broken

Light on walking Dino was broken, so you could barely see it.

Reminds me of the current state of Splash, where everything is broken because maintenance is getting neglected because they’re going to replace it.

Hopefully this means Dinosaur and Dinoland as a whole will get imminent love.

tanc

this isn't just dinosaur, it's how the whole resort is. Splash Mountain is in horrendous condition, the jumping water scene is basically entirely unfunctional. This is a result of a lot of the electrician maintenance just not returning. Most of the staff that maintains the electronics never returned since the pandemic began.

spectromagic04

Many, many animatronics broken.

Initial triceratops still.

First raptor completely still.

Pterodactyl didn’t slide towards us.

Main Dino with photo was in B-mode, so we got our photo from Dino on a stick while the huge Dino was broken

Light on walking Dino was broken, so you could barely see it.

Reminds me of the current state of Splash, where everything is broken because maintenance is getting neglected because they’re going to replace it.

Hopefully this means Dinosaur and Dinoland as a whole will get imminent love.
Sliding Pterodactyl is never coming back. The other stuff minus photo Dino was working 2 days ago when I rope dropped. Seems like it’s an ongoing issue with Dinosaur they fix the animatronics and then they literally break mid day. Last time I ride at park close 50% of the animatronics were broke.

tanc

Disney just doesn't have the staff they need to maintain rides. The options are close the ride and work on it or let it run as is. They're not going to close a ride for a substantial amount of time just to get a few things working. I believe this is also why we see so many projected effects now. Unless there is a catastrophic malfunction, they don't care.

Piebald

WDW (I can't speak for the others) is reminding me of Disneyland during the Pressler era where everything was garbage and falling apart. I know that seems silly considering we got Guardians which is afaik a big hit and other big rides on the way, but it seems like the overall maintenance is lacking. I'm honestly surprised all those meet and greets came back, I figured they were so cheap those were the easiest cost cutting measures to implement.

Smiley/OCD

As long as Chappie is in charge, this is SOP…now reservations for park hopping…I’ve never seen a company so concerned about its “woke” standing on the national and international stages and yet don’t care AT ALL about a third of their business i.e. the theme park division…someone should make it a priority to bring it up with Chapek at D23…embarrass him live on stage…
I’ve said it before and I’ll say in again…Joe Rhode was soooo right in getting out while he did.
I live 20 minutes from Six Flags in NJ…quite honestly, Disney isn’t looking much better these days.

John park hopper

As long as Chappie is in charge, this is SOP…now reservations for park hopping…I’ve never seen a company so concerned about its “woke” standing on the national and international stages and yet don’t care AT ALL about a third of their business i.e. the theme park division…someone should make it a priority to bring it up with Chapek at D23…embarrass him live on stage…
I’ve said it before and I’ll say in again…Joe Rhode was soooo right in getting out while he did.
I live 20 minutes from Six Flags in NJ…quite honestly, Disney isn’t looking much better these days.
Like I posted I think Chapek secretly works for Universal everything he is doing will benefit Universal and Universal has the good sense to keep their mouth shut ----something Bob can't seem to do

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Maintenance is suffering everywhere but I like to think Dino Land is on it's way out. Animal Kingdom is beautiful but this area of the park has always been an embarrassment and an eye sore cheaply and hastily thrown together at the last minute.
another ride that will rot so people no longer like it and then take 3- 4 years to rebuild that entire area

J4546

I would love to see the DinoLand either refreshed or redone with a new theme. I love dinosaurs but Universal has them well represented in there park and Disney would have to really put a ton of work into DinoLand to catch up imo. But again, I love dinosaurs so im on the fence with either a refresh or a complete redo. As much as Id love a dedicated Indiana Jones land and as awesome as it could be Id rather keep IJ out of AK. I could see DinoLand being redone as a modified version of Beastly Kingdoms..thats be chill imo

SplashJacket

Original Poster
After riding all the major attractions in all the four parks over the past four days, the only three attractions that stood out to me as having broken effects were Rise, Splash, and Dinosaur.

That’s not an extensive list. While Splash’s current show-state shouldn’t be happening, if they’re really about to close it, it doesn’t really matter.

Same with Dinosaur. With Prime’s demo, I can only assume Dinoland will get the next attention, including a massive update to Dino.

As for Rise, I really don’t appreciate so many broken effects, but I would rather ride a partially broken Rise than no Rise at all, but now that we’re nearing a three-year-old attraction, it really should be operating smoothly.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Ugh, it'll truly be heartbreaking to lose Dinosaur. It's one of my favorite attractions on all of WDW property, and will always hold a special place in my heart. But with the entire land falling into ruin, it seems like signs are pointing to a full area replacement.
With where it’s positioned, dinosaur the attraction could technically remain and Dinoland itself repurposed

J4546

I could see Dinosaur behind reimagined into a castle/giant dragon themed ride for a new beastly kingdoms area taking over dinoland

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom