Reservation expansion

dreday3

Disney is considering expanding Park Pass reservation system for park hopping at Walt Disney World​

Reading this it says guests would be able to hop at anytime instead of 2 pm - with a reservation.

If they do this - would it be possible that you can't make your hopper reservation until day of? We wake up and want to get breakfast in France, but then hop over to MK. Once we tap in at Epcot, then you can go ahead and make reservation at MK and hop anytime you want instead of waiting until 2?

I could live with that because chances are the same as today that there would be availability for hopping. It is still an extra step though.

But I'm sure they will expecting us to reserve a second park weeks in advance...and then different benefits for different tiers or upsells confuses me. Not sure what different tiers there are for tickets for resort/non-ap guests.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Perhaps one of the reasons why AP sales have been “paused”.

They are so high on their own supply to pull this. The sheer level of arrogance amongst the minions of Chapek.
The AP system is always a fall back should it be needed to get people into the parks and spending.

Currently, the other channels spend more and are of higher value.

Disney Glimpses

The AP system is always a fall back should it be needed to get people into the parks and spending.

Currently, the other channels spend more and are of higher value.
While I do think the changes floating around promote fairness in the AP system, it seems they will use the reservation system more dynamically and use APs specifically to “top off” attendance when they’ve determined how many resort/ticket guests to expect.

bhg469

The resort a few miles down I-4 is already having a field day making sure visitors know how much easier and relaxed it is to book a vacation there instead of Disney. This would just be the tip of the iceberg.
We are already considering APs for them because we love halloween horror nights, we get the frequent fear passes and the parking alone will probably buy one annual pass

correcaminos

While I do think the changes floating around promote fairness in the AP system, it seems they will use the reservation system more dynamically and use APs specifically to “top off” attendance when they’ve determined how many resort/ticket guests to expect.
Are you saying they want to limit APs more then? If so they suck royally. I know money money but the amount they're asking for APs is already stupid high and honestly why we have a law suit to begin with.

Disney will shoot itself in the foot if they continue this reservation and hopping restrictions nonsense.

Disney Glimpses

Are you saying they want to limit APs more then? If so they suck royally. I know money money but the amount they're asking for APs is already stupid high and honestly why we have a law suit to begin with.
I just know the reservation system allows them to have their cake and eat it to. The new program will reflect that. How far they will take it, no clue.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
We were already on the line about renewing our APs next week but this may have just sealed the deal for a no. The value of the AP was already decreasing but when you add this ridiculous reservation system, now possibly requiring reservations to park hop, and the continued losses of regular AP perks, what's the point. Meanwhile, I just upgraded my SWO AP to include the other parks and got a ton of benefits with that transaction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom