Top of the World Reopening Soon

nickys

Premium Member
The difference, to me at least, is that this is a bar with food and drink for purchase. It shouldn't be tied to status/perks/where you're staying, it should be tied to your willingness to go in there and spend money.

My beef on this isn't with Disney, it's with freeloader guests who rope drop the place to get in the door, and then order a single drink over the course of four hours, holding a table so that other people don't get to enjoy the space. These types of people are the reason Be Our Guest and Space 220 had to go prix fixe.
Agreed. But I don’t think restricting it to blue card members will fix that. Time will tell.

nickys

Premium Member
I like the seating that’s been added outside.

But I really hope the monorail and Tomorrowland artwork is still there. I fear it won’t be. Hopefully I’ll be proved wrong. 🤞

Edit: looking at the photo I think I can see the monorail frieze but not sure.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I gotta say, looking at the pics, villains lairs have gotten really dull looking, who knew villians hung out in Hilton lobby lounges?
I was thinking the same thing. I just spent part of the week in Tampa for a conference and this looks very similar to the downtown Marriott lobby. I know things are tight with inflation but surely, with Cruella's funds, they could have hired a better interior designer.

DavidS1234

^^^this. I'm not a member, but I've been there before for a special event years ago and was underwhelmed. The potential for the place though, if given special attention and maybe a touch of Imagineering, is huge. It could become a major selling point for membership.
So after seeing the new photos, the only improvement I see is that they got rid of the high-tops. The 'new' furniture and tables look dated and plain, and the carpet design is unimaginative. Just my opinion though. I was hoping for better.

correcaminos

So after seeing the new photos, the only improvement I see is that they got rid of the high-tops. The 'new' furniture and tables look dated and plain, and the carpet design is unimaginative. Just my opinion though. I was hoping for better.
I want to see a few more pics myself. But I get the feeling the biggest change is a menu and naming of stuff vs much else really. I can see the changes but none scream newness to me either.

surfsupdon

Why oh why do we keep cheapening the Deluxe Resort experience?! Clearly it’s what this new breed of Disney fan wants…it must drive sales.

Do not touch Yacht and Boardwalk!

nickys

Premium Member
Why oh why do we keep cheapening the Deluxe Resort experience?! Clearly it’s what this new breed of Disney fan wants…it must drive sales.

Do not touch Yacht and Boardwalk!
Yacht Club is safe. No DVC there.

This is an attempt to drive direct sales, and no doubt it suits Disney to have DVC marketing covering the cost of running the lounge.

nickys

Premium Member
No DVC for now....
I don’t think they will add DVC. There are already villas at the sister resort. And if they continue to have in-person conventions they need the rooms at YC (as well as at BWI and BC sometimes). If they cut the number of rooms they risk losing the convention business.

correcaminos

I don’t think they will add DVC. There are already villas at the sister resort. And if they continue to have in-person conventions they need the rooms at YC (as well as at BWI and BC sometimes). If they cut the number of rooms they risk losing the convention business.
It's been on the future docket before. I won't try to guess really what is doable or not. I will simply say never say never and conversion sales are popular vs RR

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Agreed. Y'all would know better than me but I thought I heard that part of the Coronado Destino Tower addition was to shift more convention business there. Where it comes it comes from I'm unsure, but I'd think Yacht is safe as I'd imagine Disney won't cede to Swolphin potential conventions wanting to be near EPCOT.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
How many Disney touches did y'all really find in the space pre-covid? There was the nice monorail mural on the glass behind the wall, and that's about it. The space was still nice before but has always been tastefully appointed generic, just like the rest of Bay Lake Tower. It looks like they've done soft and hard goods refurbishments with some different tones than before, but pieces like the chandeliers remain. The space looks fine.

Dan Deesnee

So you're basing this on a picture that doesn't even show the entire space? Typical around here. :(

If you've ever been there, that one picture pretty much shows you the entire indoor space where all of the theming should be...

How many Disney touches did y'all really find in the space pre-covid? There was the nice monorail mural on the glass behind the wall, and that's about it. The space was still nice before but has always been tastefully appointed generic, just like the rest of Bay Lake Tower. It looks like they've done soft and hard goods refurbishments with some different tones than before, but pieces like the chandeliers remain. The space looks fine.

Pre-covid it didn't have this villains backstory. Imagine a friend invites you to a Hawaiian Luau party at their house. The invitation is all themed and uses words that invoke what is sure to be a great party. You arrive, no decorations, no Hawaiian inspired food, no pineapple-anything-anywhere. Just their house like it always looks with bbq'd hotdogs and burgers.

See the problem now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom