DHS Tower of Terror closing for rehab/ electrical work

ToTBellHop

It is unfortunately rumored to be half-building for likely another half of a year
It makes it hard to decide where to run first at park open. RotR? SDD? ToT? Pick one, hope it is open, and then look forward to a 2-hr wait for the others. And if your first choice doesn’t open on time, you’re screwed. It’s why I am always hesitant to rope-drop RotR: it is closed at park open so often and can be a day-ruiner.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Tower of Terror is operating at “full” capacity after months of work on the left elevator shaft at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. The attraction is running both sides of the elevators after months of refurbishment dating back to February, but Cast Members have indicated that it is expected that the right side will close at some point in the near future to have similar work completed. Disney has never officially acknowledged the work because the attraction remained open, even if it was operating at a significantly reduced capacity."

maleficentfan

I wonder how fast the turnaround is going to be? Not that I want it to be running full capacity when I'm there at the end of August 😉, but I definitely think the smart move would be to keep both elevator shafts open until after the summer and Labor Day weekend crowds subside. That would be the smart move. What Disney will do? Who knows.

ToTBellHop

I wonder how fast the turnaround is going to be? Not that I want it to be running full capacity when I'm there at the end of August 😉, but I definitely think the smart move would be to keep both elevator shafts open until after the summer and Labor Day weekend crowds subside. That would be the smart move. What Disney will do? Who knows.
I think it closes after the 4th but don’t hold me to that.

JoeCamel

They are half done at this point....... When did this thread start?

Lilofan

Original Poster
Half that

1,260 people per hour

And the fifth-highest capacity attraction in Hollywood Studios is The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror with a capacity of 1,260 people per hour. That's a lot of guests plummeting in an elevator!Dec 13, 2020
And a lot of screaming can be heard of Sunset Blvd!

maleficentfan

If it takes 4 months like Echo did, that gets us to the beginning of November and the beginning of the holiday season. So, good timing on Disney's part. Not so much since I'm going to be there at the end of the month next month but it's also a very low crowd week according to Touring Plans, so fingers crossed!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom