The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Got in last night. Traffic was awful. Had two traffic delays coming home.
Finally able to read most of the posts. Ok think I am caught up. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Writing a grocery list and going shopping now. 😊 Have a great Saturday all!
I ran into that stuff on Wednesday. I had an appointment at the VA hospital in Durham. I live just a little under 14 miles from the place and I left there at 4:30pm and didn't get home until 5:45pm. Also two accidents within a mile of each other with lanes filled with vehicles as far as the eye could see. For an old Vermonter it is almost comical to see that many cars just on one highway. Anyway, it was a restful 2 feet at at time creep forward.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I ran into that stuff on Wednesday. I had an appointment at the VA hospital in Durham. I live just a little under 14 miles from the place and I left there at 4:30pm and didn't get home until 5:45pm. Also two accidents within a mile of each other with lanes filled with vehicles as far as the eye could see. For an old Vermonter it is almost comical to see that many cars just on one highway. Anyway, it was a restful 2 feet at at time creep forward.
Traffic has really picked up here as well, and it sounds like it's that way all over the country now.

donaldtoo

Ask them to say "Aaron earned an iron urn."

Depending on where in MD they're from, it might come out as "Ern Ern 'n Ern Ern."
🤣

Yea, my Mom and Pops Texas small hometown relatives dialects have always cracked me up a bit.
It’s not even a typical Texas accent…it’s more…..old world hick…???!!!!! :hilarious::cautious::hilarious:
As one example, they pronounce the number three as “trrree”, as in they roll the “r”.
There’s other pronunciations from them, but, it would take too much time…!!!!! :hilarious:

donaldtoo

I like how she "poses" for her camera shot! :joyfull:
Yea, it always cracks me up from when I was a kid, to their time now…
Back in the day, you had maybe a 35mm camera with a 36 shot roll in it, so every shot counted.
Then you had to wait a week to get it all developed at the drugstore to see if it actually came out how you wanted it to…!!!!! :hilarious:
Now, I have a phone with 256 gigs and can take all the pics I want whenever I want, and delete the ones that didn’t turn out good…progress, what a concept…!!!!! :hilarious:

StarWarsGirl

Me upon seeing the Astros had a no hitter against the Yankees in NY
Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom