Multiple entertainment offerings no longer listed - June 2022

mightynine

I think it's cute people here are crying about "The Disney Difference" when they're running 30+ year old stale shows in the park. Is that how far our standards have dropped in 2022?
Using this logic, it's about time for It's A Small World and Peter Pan's Flight to go too.

I'm not saying something like VoTLM shouldn't be replaced or refreshed. But right now, I'd rather have that capacity available than just letting it sit with no real plans for replacement.

TrainsOfDisney

I think it's cute people here are crying about "The Disney Difference" when they're running 30+ year old stale shows in the park. Is that how far our standards have dropped in 2022?
I think voyage of the little mermaid is a much more entertaining and impressive show than the Cars show and the frozen show operating in the same park.

I would give it a little refresh with new video content but other than that it’s a very strong theme park production.

Disstevefan1

It appears multiple entertainment offerings have been completely removed from the WDW website and app listings. All of these had formerly shown “Temporarily Unavailable” since the parks reopened, and now they have disappeared, which seems to indicate these are now officially and permanently closed.

Ones that have been noticed so far include:
Citizens of Main Street
Citizens of Hollywood
Jedi Training Academy
Star Wars Galactic Spectacular
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Swotu Waya (Pandora Drummers)
Pandora Rangers

There may be others, please add on if anyone else notices others missing. Sad times again. Guess all those character announcements were smoke and mirrors for this. :(
This is right out of the WDW playbook. Pay more, get less..

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
The Citizens (of both Hollywood and Main Street) are the only great losses here. Jedi Training Academy surprises me, though, as they made a ton of money off that one. I wonder if that’ll return in a revised form.

Voyage was likely on the way out before COVID, but hopefully they get to work on a replacement. Don’t want that theater sitting empty.

I’m sure they think they don’t need Galactic Spectacular with Fantasmic returning soon-ish.

The Pandora drummers were fun, I’ll miss them.

I honestly don’t even know what the “Pandora Rangers” were. (?)
So Voyage will sit dormant for how many years losing more capacity in a place that desperately needs it. Not to mention a place to relax and cool off in the heat.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Using this logic, it's about time for It's A Small World and Peter Pan's Flight to go too.

I'm not saying something like VoTLM shouldn't be replaced or refreshed. But right now, I'd rather have that capacity available than just letting it sit with no real plans for replacement.
Exactly Disney taking away any capacity is a disgrace....

matt9112

I personally will miss Voyage of the Little Mermaid. It was a really cute, well done show. Always enjoyed by myself and my kids. However we’ve seen it many times and I will gladly welcome a replacement.

What replacement? A sing along is probably too much capx at this point.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I personally will miss Voyage of the Little Mermaid. It was a really cute, well done show. Always enjoyed by myself and my kids. However we’ve seen it many times and I will gladly welcome a replacement.
Same here & also holds a special spot as my daughter was able to be the person to say "start the show" in the room before entering the theatre and have the paper they gave her as well ...

jpinkc

Exactly to me how Iger gets a pass is beyond me...
Because the stock went up with the acquistions he made Pixar/Lucas/Marvel. He to me is truely when the parks started to show rot. Eisner at least knew it was the Parks Division that kept Disney alive in the Dark Times. Yes I do blame him for starting the Neglect of the US parks because of EuroDisney. But the level of neglect to me has gone up exponentially with Iger/Cheapek.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Yep BatB needs to be replaced too.
Indiana Jones does need a refresh, but should be possible to make a new version and keep a stunt show, whereas Little Mermaid is a set story, so needs a newer film to replace it.
Why keep it closed other than being cheap and not looking to pay people to act in it?!? LM im referring to. They treat their parks like a local theme park at times when they have attendance beyond capacity a Genie+ system that is awful and any additions would help. But no. Lets leave the show shuttered.

Jeff4272

Outside of the Citizens and Jedi Training Academy, the rest of the offerings were mediocre at best. Are people really going to miss them? We need to stop lamenting the loss of poor quality offerings, imo.
seriously? you couldnt be more wrong......

and it also goes back to the premise that they continue to charge you more and give you less.....

next thing will be you have to bring your own toilet paper

bcoachable

If you think these are all no biggie-
Add up how many people WOULD have been stopped to watch “funniest citizen”, “fight Vader”, or get splashed in mermaid…
and then remember that all those folks are now in line in front of you at Mickey’s Runaway Railway or Tower.

James Alucobond

They definitely need to at least replace these with other things. But please make whatever replaces the Pandora Drummers less awful; they actively reduce my enjoyment of the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom