Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
It was a snipe at both lol.
View attachment 648403
Animated GIF

donaldtoo

wdwfan4ver

Friday ain't all that great .
Last Friday was good in Door County for me although I had a bad game in miniature golf. I was last due to out of bounds 4 times and 3 straight holes with 6s. The catch is the others had off days too in miniature golf.

What made it a good day was bought food & cherry Honey mustard in markets, bought food in winery/market, bought candy in vintage candy shop, bought Christmas stuff in Christmas shop, had a great dinner, and great gelato for dessert.

donaldtoo

Yeah, I've passed through a lot of states, but mostly when I come out here, I end up in Denver, Salt Lake City, or Minneapolis. All of which are, well, definitely not flat, so Houston is very striking that way. It also just keeps being flat for what seems like forever. Coastal SC is also very flat, but it doesn't take too long going inland before it's not anymore.

Anyway, between that and the mammoth long train, I was like, wow, what's up with this state?🤣

Unfortunately it was very cloudy so I didn't get to see most of the rest of the state from the air, and then we ended up over Mexico, where it was so bright that my seatmate asked if we could just close the window.

I'm coming back through Houston, so I will have to take a look out the window and check out how flat it is. 🤣

We did consider a trip to TX growing up because my uncle who's not my uncle used to live in Dallas. He eventually got divorced and moved back to MD, though.

Sorry, somehow I missed this post… :facepalm:

Yep, if a city/municipality can, they also tend to put airports out in the flattest areas. If you flew in to our airport (ABIA) on a cloudy day, you would have no clue as to the beautiful hill country to the west of the airport starting on the west side of Austin.

And, yes, we’ve had to wait for some of those trains on our trips down to the Texas coast over the years…long enough where you can take a not-so-short power nap…!!!!! :hilarious:

Regarding Maryland, there’s a couple that does WDW live streams that are originally from Maryland, but, now live in the Orlando area.
Distinct accent, for sure. Just one example, when the guy says the word “on”, as in “We’re gonna’ get on the ride now.”, it always sounds like he’s sayin’ “…owen the ride.”…!!!!! :hilarious:
Not makin’ fun of, just definitely a distinct accent that I wasn’t previously aware of…!!! :)

StarWarsGirl

Regarding Maryland, there’s a couple that does WDW live streams that are originally from Maryland, but, now live in the Orlando area.
Distinct accent, for sure. Just one example, when the guy says the word “on”, as in “We’re gonna’ get on the ride now.”, it always sounds like he’s sayin’ “…owen the ride.”…!!!!! :hilarious:
Not makin’ fun of, just definitely a distinct accent that I wasn’t previously aware of…!!! :)
My relatives in SC make fun of me. They'll try to get me to say certain words just to hear me say them in Baltimore-ese. It's like we don't open our mouths all the way, so stuff comes out...not quite right. 🤣

There've been times where I've said to someone, "I'm from Baltimore" only to get a laugh and a "Yes you are!" because I pronounce is "Balmer". Only all of the syllables are there just really fast.

I don't do all of these, but this is accurate...and the more tired I am, the worse it is...

Figgy1

Premium Member
Last Friday was good in Door County for me although I had a bad game in miniature golf. I was last due to out of bounds 4 times and 3 straight holes with 6s. The catch is the others had off days too in miniature golf.

What made it a good day was bought food & cherry Honey mustard in markets, bought food in winery/market, bought candy in vintage candy shop, bought Christmas stuff in Christmas shop, had a great dinner, and great gelato for dessert.
The cherry honey mustard sounds good and Christmas shops are always fun. Around the holidays I blend cranberries with sweet mustard for turkey sandwiches

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom