Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Goofyernmost

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. The last time we went I spent a lot of time learning how to arrange for my Fast Passes and getting on the phone at the crack of dawn(on my first day of eligibility) to reserve my sit down dining. If I had to learn the Genie + / LL that would maybe take me additional time? 🤔
It was convenient in the past when we stayed multiple days to just walk out of whatever theme park and then have a Disney bus take us back to Pop Century...or All Star Music...or whatever. Yet I only expect to pay for parking at a hotel if I'm in Toronto or Atlanta, etc. Paying for underground parking garages in a very populated city IS to be expected....that IS reasonable. Paying to park at ground level next to your Disney Resort Hotel bothers me. Others may shrug it off and that's fine.
I will (I assume) be a grandfather in the next few years. My daughter and her boyfriend are talking about a hypothetical future marriage.
Yet until my wife and I have a grandchild to spoil, as adult travelers who have been to Disney World 5 times already, now we'd rather see other places. Ireland(2022)....then Switzerland(2023).....then South Korea(2024)
Sometimes "It's A Small World After All"...but mostly not.
The Earth is huge!

There is so much I have not seen yet.
But this is just me talking with you @Goofyernmost . Note: I finished teaching yesterday and today I have loads of free time and I'm enjoying "shooting the breeze" with you.
This post should not be taken as being critical of anyone else.
God made us all differently. To each his or her own.

I suppose it is easier for me to be dismissive of what was once something that I looked forward to each year, sometimes more than once for 48 trips in 39 years. I haven't seen all the new ones and would like to see, but not enough to submit to the incredible restrictions that Disney has placed on doing business with them. Just not worth it anymore to me.

I think WDW is a great place to see, but my obsession hasn't been rewarded anymore. I too waited until my grandkids were, at least, 6 years old which happened in 2008 when I took everyone there. my daughters both assured me that their family producing plans were complete and It was still worth it back then. I have one granddaughter that was born in 2011 that I can no longer afford to do the same thing for her. Her parents lack of planning not mine! ;)

I have had the good fortune of seeing 35 of our 50 states. When in college I was able to take a two week tour of Lisbon, Madrid, Rome, Paris and London. Then off to Vietnam, Tokyo, Osaka, Guam, Canada more times than I can count, After college and Asia I focused mostly on domestic travel mostly WDW. One to the Bahama's, In 2015 I made a trip to Europe for over 30 days which brought me back to Paris, Venice, Rome, Pompeii, Tuscany, Florence, Barcelona and a few other places along the way on the Trans-Atlantic cruise from Rome to Fort Lauderdale. I started to have back issues shortly after that final trip and have stayed pretty close to home since then. To me that highlights the importance of doing this stuff whenever you can and not to wait for an ideal time. Go when you can because we honestly never know what tomorrow will bring. If I recall you are heading for Ireland soon, that should be a really fun time.

SteveBrickNJ

I suppose it is easier for me to be dismissive of what was once something that I looked forward to each year, sometimes more than once for 48 trips in 39 years. I haven't seen all the new ones and would like to see, but not enough to submit to the incredible restrictions that Disney has placed on doing business with them. Just not worth it anymore to me.

I think WDW is a great place to see, but my obsession hasn't been rewarded anymore. I too waited until my grandkids were, at least, 6 years old which happened in 2008 when I took everyone there. my daughters both assured me that their family producing plans were complete and It was still worth it back then. I have one granddaughter that was born in 2011 that I can no longer afford to do the same thing for her. Her parents lack of planning not mine! ;)

I have had the good fortune of seeing 35 of our 50 states. When in college I was able to take a two week tour of Lisbon, Madrid, Rome, Paris and London. Then off to Vietnam, Tokyo, Osaka, Guam, Canada more times than I can count, After college and Asia I focused mostly on domestic travel mostly WDW. One to the Bahama's, In 2015 I made a trip to Europe for over 30 days which brought me back to Paris, Venice, Rome, Pompeii, Tuscany, Florence, Barcelona and a few other places along the way on the Trans-Atlantic cruise from Rome to Fort Lauderdale. I started to have back issues shortly after that final trip and have stayed pretty close to home since then. To me that highlights the importance of doing this stuff whenever you can and not to wait for an ideal time. Go when you can because we honestly never know what tomorrow will bring. If I recall you are heading for Ireland soon, that should be a really fun time.
Your last couple of sentences very much echoes what my wife says.
Her main point is GO NOW WHILE YOU ARE (relatively) YOUNG. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOUR LIFE WILL BE IN THE NEAR FUTURE.
She and you are on the same page.
...........and me too.
Yes, we are scheduled to fly out of Philly to Ireland on Aug. 8th.

trr1

June 23

June 24

June 25

June 26

June 27

June 28

June 29

Internatonal days

June 23

June 24

June 25

Advertisement

June 26

June 27

June 28

June 29

PUSH

Original Poster
When we got to MK today, we used our LL for Peter Pan, followed by our LL for Haunted Mansion. After Haunted we got Mickey ice cream bars, then went to PhilharMagic.

We went over to Pirates to use a LL, then to Little Mermaid for a LL. We stopped to get some drinks and popcorn for a snack before riding the Peoplemover. After that we used our LL for Space, then rode the TTA again. Then we came back to the hotel.

Tomorrow's plans are MK in the morning, and TBD in the afternoon. Tomorrow is our last day. Honestly, I'd be ready to head out tomorrow. It's been a fun trip, but we've done everything multiple times. I think we're ready to leave, but will also miss it.

SteveBrickNJ

Last edited:

Songbird76

I have not been to Disney World in awhile. I think our last visit was Fall of 2019.
Unlike many who return frequently, my family (after our 5th visit) felt that we would not return again until our daughter eventually married....then had a baby...then that baby eventually reached age 4. Only then would we return.
Yet there are Star Wars related rides that would be totally new to us. :cool:
These are contained in one park? 🤔 In Hollywood Studios???
Is it worth another trip to see those? 🤔 Actually would you say MOST of MK and Epcot are the same today as in 2019? 🤔
Some of you may recall or have seen on various different threads that I was less than pleased that any potential future visit I'd have to pay to park at Pop Century....or if not driving, pay Mears instead of the old free experience....pay for Genie +......a number of formerly free aspects aspects are now flipped to requiring $s.
LOL....the more I compose this post here, the more I remember all my negative thoughts. O dear...sorry for being negative 😞
I'm just being honest and hope I don't regret this post.
I like all my friends here and I very much want to keep them! Kindly don't hold my candid thoughts against me. ✌️
Epcot is undergoing a lot of changes, and of course MK is getting the Tron Coaster, but I think it's mostly the same otherwise. But it sounds like Epcot will be different. There's the Guardians of the Galaxy ride, and Ratatouille, and they are building a Moana water experience. SSE was scheduled for a major refurb, but that's been put on hold indefinitely now. My understanding is that Epcot is a bunch of construction right now, but I haven't been there since Summer of 2019, so I can only tell you what I've read in the Trip Reports.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom