Trip Report Readers Chick Chat and Guy Gabbing Thread!

MickeyCB

Original Poster
WAWA > Sheetz. 😁
The first Wawa opened in Wawa PA, a suburb of Philadelphia. Sheetz is associated with the Pittsburgh area. All of this plays right into a friendly rivalry between the two sides of the State. 😉
I do love my Wawa, but my Western PA born son asks for gift cards to Sheetz for his birthday! 🤣
It was hilarious. When he turned 18 (and was finally allowed to drive after 11 pm) I asked him what he was going to do. He said I'm driving to Sheetz at 10:30 and staying there till after 11 so I can drive home legally! Big birthday blow out!

Songbird76

Wow is all I have.
Good luck and I would love some photos.
I haven’t been to Yellowstone since I was really young.
I think the last time I was there was when I was 12 or 13 and we went with a girl scout troup. We went a couple of years before that, right after the fire, and took my cousin with us. And I'm not sure how old I was when we went and saw the bears. There were a few bear jams on the roads and one of them was when a black bear was just on the other side of a creek right by the road. Mom wouldn't let us get out of the car at all. We were allowed to roll the windows down just far enough to stick the camera lense through to get a picture, then we rolled up the windows and she drove away. But there was a kid about 10 years old who had crossed the creek and was standing about 5 feet from the bear, feeding it marshmallows on a stick. So unbelievably stupid. If the bear got it in mind that he wanted the whole bag rather than just single marshmallows, that kid would have been dead.

Songbird76

When did ECVs become recliners?

View attachment 647790

View attachment 647791

For the record he was the 4th member of that red shirt party above. As they waited to be called into the Plaza Restaurant, he lazily cruised around from Main Street to the Tomorrowland Terrace, nearly fully reclined.

I couldn’t help but wonder the reason behind his need of an ECV.
I doubt there was a real need. I'm betting it was just to save them from walking and to give them priority access on the buses. I'm pretty sure anyone can rent those things....they don't ask why you need it.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
For all my friends who are suffering through this heat wave, just a reminder.
View attachment 647948
Unless you live on Long Island where is was a balmy 64 degrees and pouring rain all day yesterday. Today we are suppose to hit a high of 71. Global warming my a**!
The Shining GIF

Songbird76

Unless you live on Long Island where is was a balmy 64 degrees and pouring rain all day yesterday. Today we are suppose to hit a high of 71. Global warming my a**!
The Shining GIF
Ugh, send that here, please!! The Netherlands have never been really warm in the Summer. 77 was about the max, which wasn't bad, but in the last 10 years it's gotten really bad. When E was in 3rd grade, we had a heatwave where it was over 100 every day for like a week. Absolutely unheard of here. Nothing has AC here because we don't normally need it. Schools across the whole country were letting the kids out early because it was just too hot in the classrooms....except OUR school, which was the only school I know of in the entire country that did NOTHING to combat the heat except say the kids could bring a water bottle. It was over 110 degrees in my daughter's classroom. On our last Disney trip, E kept in touch with her friends via Whatsapp and such and it was hotter in the Netherlands for the entire month than it was in FLORIDA. In the upper 90s every day, and of course no one has AC. I was glad to be in Florida where it was a bit cooler, AND where we had AC everywhere we went. This week hasn't been TOO bad, but still higher than average. Yesterday was about 90 degrees and I just don't deal well with heat. I get headachy and nauseated. I'd much rather have snow!

Minnesota disney fan

Ok who wants to do my packing for me? We are going to Charleston next week. It is going to be sooo HOT!! Can I get away with just wearing my swimsuit all week??!!🤣🤣
Have you been to Charleston before? I love it! I went on a girl trip with old high school friends and we had a blast. We stayed on the Isle of Palms in a condo and picked up a lot of star fish on the beach. I've never seen so many on a beach before. Be sure to try a haunted tour! They are fun, but ours was not very haunted:( Also the horse and buggy tour of sites around Charleston was really fun and informative. They give you some of the "inside" stuff about the area. I would definitely go back again.
There are Southern Mansions to tour too. We toured one, but dang, I can't remember the name??!! Oh well. Also checked out the one tea plantation left in the US. You will have a blast.

Minnesota disney fan

I just wanted to say thanks to MickeyCB for inviting me:)
I don't now why because I have never written a trip report in my life, but I LOVE to read them, so there's that, LOL.
Love chatting with everyone!

Also, when I first read the title of the thread I thought it said, "and Guy GRABBing", LOL. I really have to slow down reading these things.!

Last edited:

Loco_driver

That looks more like my weather! Of course, they use the airport as the official temp, but our part of the Houston area has been seeing triple digit heat pretty much every day. I think it's a lovely 101 outside right now, but hey...the humidity is only 30% 😂
Currently 101 here with a heat index of 111. Are you guys on the ERCOT grid? How’s it holding up? We live in TX but are on the Southeastern power grid.

Also, when I first read the title of the thread I thought it said, "and Guy GRABBing", LOL. I really have to slow down reading these things.!
I also misread it the first time and was like “why is @Darstarr telling me to join this guy grabbing thread”?!

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

Currently 101 here with a heat index of 111. Are you guys on the ERCOT grid? How’s it holding up? We live in TX but are on the Southeastern power grid.

WeatherUnderground shows we topped out at 104 today. It’s now a lovely 96 with humidity rising. We are on the ERCOT grid. So far so good, but we know how that goes 🙄

This has been shared a lot lately to illustrate our weather…pretty accurate description!

Super Mario Bros 3 Sun GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom