Rumor Rosa Mexicano restaurant possibly coming to the Dolphin

bhg469

Gordon's never worked with Disney far as I know. I believe his Caesars deal prevents him from opening up restaurants in other hotels. Probably not Springs, at least until he opened up something at ICON.
Apparently he bought a place in celebration. A fiend of my wife has seen him taking walks there. Maybe he will try to open more.

Comped

He has a Gordon Ramsay Burgers coming to a Hilton in Fall near Boston. I would assume his Caesars deal only goes as far as Gaming places.
Huh. That's new! Guess that could work, although I have no doubt there's some kind of exclusivity clause in Icon's contract with him preventing a higher-end restaurant at Springs, even if it'd make a ton of cash...

Anteater

I'd go to a hole in the wall serving tacos and tortas, menu only in Spanish , condiment bar to dress the food anyway of the week instead of Tex Mex. One thing I miss in Texas is the two main food groups , tacos ( breakfast, lunch and dinner ) and barbeque.

Sounds like the smart choice.

My favorite TexMex in Texas is Papasitos. A bit expensive. But, ALWAYS good!

Lilofan

I'm amazed at how many really good steak places are down here in Orlando and I'm not complaining!!!
Business convention travelers ( pre covid ) on expense account on International Drive love to eat at steak places. But if one is talking sushi, tempura etc all u can eat , Suki Hanna near the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes Orlando is delish.

mgf

I wish Marriott would put in a real pizzeria. They're losing business to that pizza window at BW and that window loses out on a ton of business because waits stack up to 45-60 minutes for grab and go. Leave it open late to service the bar crowds and the guests returning from the parks. I bet BW and YB guests would wander through, too. Make a stack of money.

Epcot82Guy

I wish Marriott would put in a real pizzeria. They're losing business to that pizza window at BW and that window loses out on a ton of business because waits stack up to 45-60 minutes for grab and go. Leave it open late to service the bar crowds and the guests returning from the parks. I bet BW and YB guests would wander through, too. Make a stack of money.

I agree. Actually, a mini food hall-type set up with easy grab and go could do quite well. Things like pizza, bao, chicken, etc. 3 or 4 little stalls selling street food. It's a concept I'm surprised Disney hasn't jumped on more given its popularity and ease of swapping out concepts easily.

bhg469

I agree. Actually, a mini food hall-type set up with easy grab and go could do quite well. Things like pizza, bao, chicken, etc. 3 or 4 little stalls selling street food. It's a concept I'm surprised Disney hasn't jumped on more given its popularity and ease of swapping out concepts easily.
the name escapes me but wasnt the open air market place in animal kingdom just that? I recently walked by there and it seems to be only one stand open..

Epcot82Guy

the name escapes me but wasnt the open air market place in animal kingdom just that? I recently walked by there and it seems to be only one stand open..

Harambe Market was somewhat inspired by that. But, they quickly went to a single menu. So, it was more African-inspired quick service lightly themed to a food hall. (Though the analogy is a valid one.) The Simpsons food court is another one somewhat like it, though it's more Food Court vs. Food Hall.

bhg469

Harambe Market was somewhat inspired by that. But, they quickly went to a single menu. So, it was more African-inspired quick service lightly themed to a food hall. (Though the analogy is a valid one.) The Simpsons food court is another one somewhat like it, though it's more Food Court vs. Food Hall.
The pepper market too!! I miss that place!

Lilofan

The pepper market too!! I miss that place!
I wasn't there eating at the time but President Bush and around 15 Secret Service agents ate at the Coronado food court in 1999. They got in line like everyone else while Secret Service watched the cooks prepare their food.

Stitchon

Original Poster

Admittedly wishful thinking, but such a setup would also allow for more local businesses (like The Polite Pig and Gideon's) to have a presence. My local mall does the same thing in their food court, local vendors on two-year leases that allow for concepts to cycle in and out to keep things fresh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom