Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
We know where I come down on Disney cupcakes … two giant thumbs down. So much flavourless buttercream frosting … yuck!

As to MF:SR … meh. It’s okay, but it’s really just a souped up Star Tours.
Overall, Galaxys Edge is cool, but I feel like it's a blown opportunity by Disney. Rise is cool, but could be better. Maybe its because of all the hype, I had higher expectations. I also wish they would have made it take place in the original trilogy. I'd rather see Vader than Kylo. Or even the prequel trilogy. You could have tons of Jedi walking around.

Goofyernmost

I love it! Back in the old days of three free FP’s per day, it was ALWAYS one of our three for MK.

I’ve never done the standby line.
I've ridden it 4 times standby and it was always a walk-on or a very short wait. Timing is the trick. Ride during a parade or have breakfast at the Be Our Guest and when you leave go straight on.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

We know where I come down on Disney cupcakes … two giant thumbs down. So much flavourless buttercream frosting … yuck!

I think Star Tours is better. I was really disappointed with MF:SR, Unless you were a pilot it is very Meh!!! The exterior was great but the ride itself was less than exciting.

SteveBrickNJ

I think Star Tours is better. I was really disappointed with MF:SR, Unless you were a pilot it is very Meh!!! The exterior was great but the ride itself was less than exciting.

I have not been to Disney World in awhile. I think our last visit was Fall of 2019.
Unlike many who return frequently, my family (after our 5th visit) felt that we would not return again until our daughter eventually married....then had a baby...then that baby eventually reached age 4. Only then would we return.
Yet there are Star Wars related rides that would be totally new to us. :cool:
These are contained in one park? 🤔 In Hollywood Studios???
Is it worth another trip to see those? 🤔 Actually would you say MOST of MK and Epcot are the same today as in 2019? 🤔
Some of you may recall or have seen on various different threads that I was less than pleased that any potential future visit I'd have to pay to park at Pop Century....or if not driving, pay Mears instead of the old free experience....pay for Genie +......a number of formerly free aspects aspects are now flipped to requiring $s.
LOL....the more I compose this post here, the more I remember all my negative thoughts. O dear...sorry for being negative 😞
I'm just being honest and hope I don't regret this post.
I like all my friends here and I very much want to keep them! Kindly don't hold my candid thoughts against me. ✌️

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I have not been to Disney World in awhile. I think our last visit was Fall of 2019.
Unlike many who return frequently, my family (after our 5th visit) felt that we would not return again until our daughter eventually married....then had a baby...then that baby eventually reached age 4. Only then would we return.
Is it worth another trip to see those? 🤔 Actually would you say MOST of MK and Epcot are the same today as in 2019? 🤔
Some of you may recall or have seen on various different threads that I was less than pleased that any potential future visit I'd have to pay to park at Pop Century....or if not driving, pay Mears instead of the old free experience....pay for Genie +......a number of formerly free aspects aspects are now flipped to requiring $s.
LOL....the more I compose this post here, the more I remember all my negative thoughts. O dear...sorry for being negative 😞
I like all my friends here and I very much want to keep them! Kindly don't hold my candid thoughts against me.
You’re totally entitled to your feelings. Like you, I’m in no rush to return to WDW anytime soon. Too many changes, too many upcharges, too many ride breakdowns, too many construction walls; not enough perks.

That being said, I would happily return to DL tomorrow.

SteveBrickNJ

You’re totally entitled to your feelings. Like you, I’m in no rush to return to WDW anytime soon. Too many changes, too many upcharges, too many ride breakdowns, too many construction walls; not enough perks.

Re. your closing sentence: "I would happily return to DL tomorrow" Me too. My last visit to Disneyland in Anaheim was 16 or 17 years ago.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

Dlp for us next year and then hopefully a visit to where it all started 2024 🤞

Goofyernmost

I like all my friends here and I very much want to keep them! Kindly don't hold my candid thoughts against me. ✌️
The last time I was at WDW was mid-November 2019. MK isn't a lot different, not counting Genie+ and LL, but Epcot is a lot different. To me the only improvement that was positive was the entrance, replaced fountain and closer to the original design of it. After that aesthetically, it is awful, out of balance after SSE and walls everywhere. I don't mind the new ideas for Epcot overall, but I do object to the taco barges in the lagoon, the lack of aesthetic balance in the open area just past SSE to me is disturbing and I'm not even wildly OCD, just enough I guess.

Whether or not it is worth it is an individual choice. Since my first visit in 1983 I have always been a relaxed touring style type person. It works against my very being to have to plan every minute to go to a theme park. Some like that, I do not. So now that one has to make reservations for everything, pay extra to see the best attractions (and even paying that extra is no guarantee), so unless you are willing to spend a huge portion of your day standing in a practically stagnant line it is way more expensive. Lets face it Haunted Mansion is still the same as it was when the only cost was $35.00 entrance fee for a three day pass covering two parks in the 80's. And that is just the parks, I have never been one that found the extra value of staying on site, so that isn't a concern for me, but I can only imagine that staying for a week onsite would set someone back mucho dinaro.

SteveBrickNJ

The last time I was at WDW was mid-November 2019. MK isn't a lot different, not counting Genie+ and LL, but Epcot is a lot different. To me the only improvement that was positive was the entrance, replaced fountain and closer to the original design of it. After that aesthetically, it is awful, out of balance after SSE and walls everywhere. I don't mind the new ideas for Epcot overall, but I do object to the taco barges in the lagoon, the lack of aesthetic balance in the open area just past SSE to me is disturbing and I'm not even wildly OCD, just enough I guess.

Whether or not it is worth it is an individual choice. Since my first visit in 1983 I have always been a relaxed touring style type person. It works against my very being to have to plan every minute to go to a theme park. Some like that, I do not. So now that one has to make reservations for everything, pay extra to see the best attractions (and even paying that extra is no guarantee), so unless you are willing to spend a huge portion of your day standing in a practically stagnant line it is way more expensive. Lets face it Haunted Mansion is still the same as it was when the only cost was $35.00 entrance fee for a three day pass covering two parks in the 80's. And that is just the parks, I have never been one that found the extra value of staying on site, so that isn't a concern for me, but I can only imagine that staying for a week onsite would set someone back mucho dinaro.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. The last time we went I spent a lot of time learning how to arrange for my Fast Passes and getting on the phone at the crack of dawn(on my first day of eligibility) to reserve my sit down dining. If I had to learn the Genie + / LL that would maybe take me additional time? 🤔
It was convenient in the past when we stayed multiple days to just walk out of whatever theme park and then have a Disney bus take us back to Pop Century...or All Star Music...or whatever. Yet I only expect to pay for parking at a hotel if I'm in Toronto or Atlanta, etc. Paying for underground parking garages in a very populated city IS to be expected....that IS reasonable. Paying to park at ground level next to your Disney Resort Hotel bothers me. Others may shrug it off and that's fine.
I will (I assume) be a grandfather in the next few years. My daughter and her boyfriend are talking about a hypothetical future marriage.
Yet until my wife and I have a grandchild to spoil, as adult travelers who have been to Disney World 5 times already, now we'd rather see other places. Ireland(2022)....then Switzerland(2023).....then South Korea(2024)
Sometimes "It's A Small World After All"...but mostly not.
The Earth is huge!

There is so much I have not seen yet.
But this is just me talking with you @Goofyernmost . Note: I finished teaching yesterday and today I have loads of free time and I'm enjoying "shooting the breeze" with you.
This post should not be taken as being critical of anyone else.
God made us all differently. To each his or her own.

Last edited:

NYwdwfan

It's even better when you have a kid and his dad arguing about being separated going single rider then your pod gets the kid who proceeds to berate you for not pushing the button.

PUSH

Original Poster
We did Frozen at rope drop. Afterwards I ended up getting the larger version of the Helly Hansen jacket, and a pull over. We followed that by using our Guardians LL. We had "Burn, Baby, Burn" as our song this time. And it was the first time it didn't break down on us! We got lucky, though, because it went down shortly after our ride, and it's been down since.

After Guardians we took the long walk around to get to The Land for Soarin. We waited 10 minutes for it, and when we got off it was 40. Good timing.

Then we rode Living with the Land and Nemo. After that we did Turtle Talk and used a LL for Spaceship Earth.

Next we shopped at the Creations Shop. I much prefer the old Mouse Gear, but I got an Epcot tumbler and blanket. Then we used our LL for Ratatouille, ate at Sunshine Seasons for lunch, and headed out.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well to contradict myself, every photo @PUSH posts looks enjoyable. Nice shots! 👍😎
I love his photos as well. :happy:

@PUSH has been having a great time, despite all the various out of order attractions (but then fixed later on), add-on fees to avoid some of the lines, higher ticket prices, etc. He also packed in enough extra days to catch up on things. I think that's part of what helped -- extra time, so he and his pals could experience all the attractions they wanted to see, but had to spread out of a number of days. When a visitor to WDW only has a few days and some attractions break down, it has a much more detrimental effect on the overall vacation experience.

PUSH

Original Poster
I love his photos as well. :happy:

@PUSH has been having a great time, despite all the various out of order attractions (but then fixed later on), add-on fees to avoid some of the lines, higher ticket prices, etc. He also packed in enough extra days to catch up on things. I think that's part of what helped -- extra time, so he and his pals could experience all the attractions they wanted to see, but had to spread out of a number of days. When a visitor to WDW only has a few days and some attractions break down, it has a much more detrimental effect on the overall vacation experience.
I've loved having this much extra time down here. I would do a 2ish week trip again in a heartbeat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom