Gimbals in the parks

YozhikRoth

Original Poster
I just purchased a DJI gimbal for use with my iPhone, are there restriction on its use in the park, considering the ban on selfie sticks?

JIMINYCR

I have seen people using them and no one has come up to them to say its needed to be put away, but these were not being used in any form of extension like the selfie sticks that Disney is concerned about harming guests.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The ban is mainly for extending sticks, selfie style sticks or large tripods that don’t fit into a small bag.

You can take in a head mounted go pro harness in should you wish.

You can also have hours of fun at the gate discussing the pros and cons of the rules with 2 different cast members and a supervisor.

ppete1975

Unless you just want to document some of your friends and family id say just watch the amazing 4k videos already on youtube and not film everything including rides.. but thats me. All of the gimbals and people recording everything has gotten a bit annoying. Especially on a dark ride with their screen all the way turned up. Between vloggers and people who want to record everything, i think they should be banned along with phones on rides.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Unless you just want to document some of your friends and family id say just watch the amazing 4k videos already on youtube and not film everything including rides.. but thats me. All of the gimbals and people recording everything has gotten a bit annoying. Especially on a dark ride with their screen all the way turned up. Between vloggers and people who want to record everything, i think they should be banned along with phones on rides.
That’s why I paid extra for a camera (not phone) with a viewfinder.

ppete1975

That’s why I paid extra for a camera (not phone) with a viewfinder.
youre also the exception and create wonderful documentaries.

And I dont mean this towards the poster but all parks and concerts have gotten really bad with everyone having to record every second of their lives and will prob never rewatch any of it. Instead it ruins others immersion and enjoyment.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes. Many things are advertised as selfie sticks but are more like a grip size and do not extend.
Those type of selfie sticks are allowed....
The company differentiates between “selfie stick” and “grip”. As per this document they are 2 different things. One is allowed, one is not.

18A73A19-4065-46A9-B3C3-BE70D1714DEF.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom