What will Disney announce for Disney World at the 2022 D23 expo?

RSoxNo1

All this while a recession looms? And the stock is below 100 bucks? This company is so risk adverse it’s almost a joke. I’m not disagreeing with you i just don’t see them spending or even saying they will spend that money. Parks are at capacity a lot and more profitable than ever? Why build more? Y’all keep coming for what’s there now.
You very well may be right.

Honestly, the best thing Disney has going for them right now is Universal's refusal to build things that cater to families. As soon as Universal rounds out their parks with more attractions that don't have height requirements you're really going to see the shift.

Andrew25

You very well may be right.

Honestly, the best thing Disney has going for them right now is Universal's refusal to build things that cater to families. As soon as Universal rounds out their parks with more attractions that don't have height requirements you're really going to see the shift.

You're absolutely right. Epic is a great step in the right direction, but Universal is missing those family dark rides/entertainment offerings that cater to all.

IOA is a calm boat ride (or omnimover) & indoor show away from dethroning MK as "the park" in Orlando.
USF needs to remove its older simulators and add improve some of the park areas.

MaximumEd

Different tastes and opinions make the world go round, but to me it would take a couple of IOA’s, plus a couple of dark rides, live shows, and several decent places to eat besides Confisco’s to equal MK.

UNCgolf

Different tastes and opinions make the world go round, but to me it would take a couple of IOA’s, plus a couple of dark rides, live shows, and several decent places to eat besides Confisco’s to equal MK.

I had one of the worst meals I can remember at Confisco. The service was terrible even though the place wasn't even half full -- we were there for almost an hour and a half and the vast majority of that time was waiting for someone to take our order and waiting for someone to bring us the bill so we could pay and leave. Beyond that, the food came out lukewarm, like it had been cooked and then sat there for 20 minutes before someone brought it to us (which probably is what happened considering how long we had to wait for everything).

With that said, the MK doesn't really have anywhere very good to eat either, so that's kind of a wash (Tony's rivals Confisco in terms of worst meals; the service at Tony's was definitely better but the food was unbelievably bad).

lazyboy97o

Its just a spinner so not much footprint but if there was a will they could change it out. As you say it is fine and there are many other priorities that need addressing before it.
How they would market their whiz bang restaurant without it though?
There’s a pretty sizable basement under Mission: SPACE housing the equipment that makes it do that spinning.

Disone

I salute your optimism:).

Gone are the proactive Disney days.

What... Universal's going to build a park in Florida? Quick, let's build our own studios park and let's get it open first!

Those days are gone. Today's Disney will offer you a themed treat, usually a cupcake, that you can purchase. And then whatever they were going to build anyway, they will put a nice bow on it as the latest and greatest celebration of magic.... Wonder.... You.... 100th years... Something something dark side.... and that will be their response to epic universe.

Last edited:

MaximumEd

I had one of the worst meals I can remember at Confisco. The service was terrible even though the place wasn't even half full -- we were there for almost an hour and a half and the vast majority of that time was waiting for someone to take our order and waiting for someone to bring us the bill so we could pay and leave. Beyond that, the food came out lukewarm, like it had been cooked and then sat there for 20 minutes before someone brought it to us (which probably is what happened considering how long we had to wait for everything).

With that said, the MK doesn't really have anywhere very good to eat either, so that's kind of a wash (Tony's rivals Confisco in terms of worst meals; the service at Tony's was definitely better but the food was unbelievably bad).
MK most def underperforms on food. Between the places that just aren’t very good and the places that seem perpetually closed when we’ve been there, it’s dead last for me when ranking the 4 parks, even though it should be a solid 2nd place behind Epcot. Never had a bad meal at Confisco, but they were struggling a bit in the service department when we were last there a couple weeks ago.

Disone

MK most def underperforms on food. Between the places that just aren’t very good and the places that seem perpetually closed when we’ve been there, it’s dead last for me when ranking the 4 parks, even though it should be a solid 2nd place behind Epcot. Never had a bad meal at Confisco, but they were struggling a bit in the service department when we were last there a couple weeks ago.
I always walk right by Confisco and never get anything from there except perhaps a drink at the adjoining bar.

I'm going to have to try this place out now and form of an opinion on my own. I have tried Mythos the "best theme park restaurant" but honestly left very underwhelmed.

Hollywood studios would be dead last to me in the ranking of the four parks as far as food goes.

For Magic Kingdom, I like the corn dog nuggets at Casey's corner. The spicy chicken waffle at Sleepy Hollow ( though it's quality can and does vary), the fajita platter at Pecos bills is also got to be one of the best values in the park which provides a lot of food for the 12-ish bucks.

I also don't mind the Crystal Palace, I think that used to be a pretty good buffet, And at least postpandemic no longer seems impossible to get into has the picture below was taken on a Friday at 6:00 p.m. Though that said, I haven't tried it. Postpandemic.

PXL_20220617_220122157~2.jpg

I also used to really enjoy Liberty tree tavern but it's also been a hot minute since I've been there.

MaximumEd

I always walk right by Confisco and never get anything from there except perhaps a drink at the adjoining bar.

I'm going to have to try this place out now and form of an opinion on my own. I have tried Mythos the "best theme park restaurant" but honestly left very underwhelmed.

Hollywood studios would be dead last to me in the ranking of the four parks as far as food goes.

For Magic Kingdom, I like the corn dog nuggets at Casey's corner. The spicy chicken waffle at Sleepy Hollow ( though it's quality can and does vary), the fajita platter at Pecos bills is also got to be one of the best values in the park which provides a lot of food for the 12-ish bucks.

I also don't mind the Crystal Palace, I think that used to be a pretty good buffet, And at least postpandemic no longer seems impossible to get into has the picture below was taken on a Friday at 6:00 p.m. Though that said, I haven't tried it. Postpandemic.

View attachment 647984

I also used to really enjoy Liberty tree tavern but it's also been a hot minute since I've been there.
Liberty Tree is solid, as is Sleepy Hollow. To be fair, I think the underutilized dining space in MK makes it seem worse than it is for me. I agree with you on Mythos. Was a one and done for us.

matt9112

I love me some IOA, but that’s a bold statement.

I concur lol I love IOA and you know what I’m willing to give IOA the best entry award over MK for sure I love port of entry but it does desperately need some more non coaster stuff. Granted most things they have built lately do allow most kids 10+ to ride easily. So maybe they don’t need “toddler rides”

matt9112

Liberty Tree is solid, as is Sleepy Hollow. To be fair, I think the underutilized dining space in MK makes it seem worse than it is for me. I agree with you on Mythos. Was a one and done for us.

I love liberty tree and mythos but IOA needs some serious dining help. Too many cafeterias.

UNCgolf

The meal I had at Confisco was like 5 years ago, so it could be much better now. Or it could have just been a bad day. Either way, it was bad enough that I probably wouldn't go back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom