Catering to the Uber Rich

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
How many people have access to a private jet that’s capable of trans-atlantic flight though?

Even those that do will be paying about $1000-2000 an hour in fuel and crew costs, so the 8 hour flight from Orlando to Paris will cost $8-16k, the 10 hours from Paris to Tokyo another $10-20k, etc… probably looking at $50k-100k in expenses once you add in the dozen or so more hours you’ll spend getting to Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Anaheim along the way and the airport costs to store your jet in each city.

Even if you already own a private jet it’s not cheap.

I found a charter flight calculator and those will run $100k and up too. it’s possible to do it private but other than the insanely wealthy my guess is most would probably opt for the $10k lay flat first class option to save $90k.

I know I'd opt for Delta One (or the first class equivalent on other, non-UAL/AA airlines) around the world to visit all the non-US Disney parks if I had the means. Nothing else makes sense.

Sir_Cliff

I know I'd opt for Delta One (or the first class equivalent on other, non-UAL/AA airlines) around the world to visit all the non-US Disney parks if I had the means. Nothing else makes sense.
I was thinking something similar. If I was interested in this trip and had a spare $100K lying around, I'd probably just book business class flights to each destination and still come out ahead. As someone who flys with some regularity between Europe and Australia, I find if you travel in a good business class cabin (Qatar Airlines would be my first choice) you arrive in good shape!

Again, though, if people have the money and want to do this then it doesn't really offend me. Horses for courses!

JMcMahonEsq

Why would you want the headaches or the logistics of having to plan out this itinerary a la cart? One delayed flight, one bad rain storm, storm, ect., and your throwing your entire package out of wack. Your re-booking flights, changing hotel reservations, trying to change park reservation, diner plans, ect. This is one stop shopping with everything taken care of for you. Disney is taking care of all of that for you.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Someone on another forum has a friend who booked this trip and they said it is sold out as of today.
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Brad Bishop

$110K doesn't seem that out of line... traveling (I'm guessing) 25,000 miles in a "VIP-configured Boeing 757" with chef, physician, etc for just 75 people? All the meals, hotels, VIP park admission, transportation to and from all the destinations. $5000/day per person doesn't seem out of line for what someone would be getting.

It's not like 75 people are going get in anyone's way.

Personally, I like the idea of it, though I don't imagine I'd ever feel comfortable paying the money.

Now, if you want to talk carbon footprint...

This is the same company that said they were going "green" a few years back and charging for parking at the resorts and were applauded for doing so. Turns out it was all "green BS".

peter11435

This is the same company that said they were going "green" a few years back and charging for parking at the resorts and were applauded for doing so. Turns out it was all "green BS".
I don’t remember them saying the resort parking fees were part of any green initiative.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Unless you are saying "don't travel" -- this isn't really counter to any green initiatives. This isn't 75 private jets.

Vegas Disney Fan

Why would you want the headaches or the logistics of having to plan out this itinerary a la cart? One delayed flight, one bad rain storm, storm, ect., and your throwing your entire package out of wack. Your re-booking flights, changing hotel reservations, trying to change park reservation, diner plans, ect. This is one stop shopping with everything taken care of for you. Disney is taking care of all of that for you.

This is a great point, we frequently do Viator tours when we travel to Europe, it’s not the cheapest way to see the sites but it sure is nice to have someone else do all the work.

Most excursions they pick us up at the hotel in the morning and drop us off at the hotel at night, we don’t need to worry about transportation in an unfamiliar city, we skip the ticket lines, we don’t need to make dinner reservations… you pay for the convenience but it’s worth every penny to us.

We are looking at a 2 week river cruise in Germany that is way more expensive than booking the cities and sites separately but the idea of seeing a dozen cities, all while being pampered and not having to worry about anything, sounds amazing.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

This is a great point, we frequently do Viator tours when we travel to Europe, it’s not the cheapest way to see the sites but it sure is nice to have someone else do all the work.

Most excursions they pick us up at the hotel in the morning and drop us off at the hotel at night, we don’t need to worry about transportation in an unfamiliar city, we skip the ticket lines, we don’t need to make dinner reservations… you pay for the convenience but it’s worth every penny to us.

We are looking at a 2 week river cruise in Germany that is way more expensive than booking the cities and sites separately but the idea of seeing a dozen cities, all while being pampered and not having to worry about anything, sounds amazing.
River cruises are addictive, once you do it you will be back

The Mom

Premium Member

Also, not having to move from one hotel to another is a plus. We're thinking of booking a family cruise (we're all adults) on a line that is known for having biking available. People can do and see what they prefer, and socialize at dinner each night.

Sir_Cliff

I completely understand that approach to travel.

I tend to be a more independent traveler, but I have to say that I am becoming less ambitious about my travel plans and less tolerant of all the inconveniences that come from dealing with public transport, etc. as work gives me less and less time and I get older. Even if it's more expensive to go through a travel agent than to travel solo, you're not paying extra for nothing!

I'm in the midst of planning a trip to Guatemala for July and wondering if I'm not getting too old for all this, as may be obvious!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom