Catering to the Uber Rich

Lilofan

Most trip insurance sold by travel agents or cruise lines cover medical evaluation costs. You do not have to buy separate coverage. Insurance from DCL is actually quite reasonable. You can always provide your own. A travel agent such as @Kingdom Konsultant can seamlessly integrate it into your booking package.
Does not cover emergency medivac off the cruise ship.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

727178D6-7B6F-4E65-B5B1-357E6AF24DE8.jpeg

Lilofan

View attachment 647125
In the middle of the ocean to be medivac to the closest medical facility will cost a lot more than $30K.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
In the middle of the ocean to be medivac to the closest medical facility will cost a lot more than $30K.
Ah I see you attempting to moving the goal posts.

In the middle of the ocean you’re not getting a helicopter. Why? Because it is in the middle of the ocean.

Cruise ships have modern medical facilities with triage centers. The procedures are to stabilize and transport. A helicopter evacuation is usually the last resort. More often they will return or stop at a nearby port and drop the patient off.

From Alianz Travel Insurance.

If your medical emergency is urgent and life-threatening, you may require a medical evacuation to the nearest appropriate medical facility. Without travel insurance, this process can be a costly nightmare. Medical evacuation by helicopter typically costs tens of thousands of dollars.

Last edited by a moderator:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
You're funny. My previous post was to advise to get medivac insurance or be faced with a huge helicopter bill. " More often to return to a port "?? That's just your opinion with no proof. You moved your thinking to DCL insurance to AON. DCL won't cover squat and AON is the better way to go. How's that glue?
I’ve given you two examples of items that covered for cruise travel insurance. The last time I was on DCL I used their provider. Please stop making yourself look foolish.

Lilofan

I’ve given you two examples of items that covered for cruise travel insurance. The last time I was on DCL I used their provider.

At first you posted DCL travel insurance then I posted it will be a lot more than $30K for a medivac that DCL was advertising, then you posted AON which is one of the insurances, That's what I would go with among others.

Lilofan

Most trip insurance sold by travel agents or cruise lines cover medical evaluation costs. You do not have to buy separate coverage. Insurance from DCL is actually quite reasonable. You can always provide your own. A travel agent such as @Kingdom Konsultant can seamlessly integrate it into your booking package.
Your post of "most" is a flawed. One has to buy a separate insurance to cover medivac. Your take on DCL insurance quite reasonable is amusing. Still won't cover the very expensive helicopter ride. Then you hypothesize about stabalize the guest on ship , you certainly are reaching for something, " most ships return to port" really you are trying to find wishful thinking to justify your points.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Incorrect. Having taken 11 DCL cruises, with 3 more booked for this year, I'm pretty confident AIC covers that. Oh, wait, it does....

Screenshot_20220619-185420.png

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You're funny. My previous post was to advise to get medivac insurance or be faced with a huge helicopter bill. " More often to return to a port "?? That's just your opinion with no proof. You moved your thinking to DCL insurance to AON. DCL won't cover squat and AON is the better way to go. How's that glue?

You do realize none of the DCL ships have a helipad. An at-sea medical evacuation would require a Coast Guard helicopter with a rescue swimmer and a basket. And the ship would have to sail close enough to shore to be within range of the helicopter. If in international waters, it will sail to the nearest port.

And the travel insurance you buy THROUGH DCL is a 3rd party. How do I know this? I filed a claim when I had to cancel a cruise 3 days before embarkation due to the flu. I didn't file my claim with DCL, I filed it with AIC.

JMcMahonEsq

Traveling around the world for that many days with 74 other deep pockets? That would be hell. Unless those 74 other deep pockets are celebrities and compelling to be around. But 74 regular rich I will pass. Can explore every Disney destination on the globe on my terms and at my leisure for a fraction of this "bucket list" offer.

If this is your type of thing, God bless.
If your in the bracket of people who have deep pockets enough to drop $100K per ticket on this trip, most likely your normal social crowd is going to be other deep pockets. As such rather than hell it will be similar to another sat night dinner at the country club.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
You do realize none of the DCL ships have a helipad. An at-sea medical evacuation would require a Coast Guard helicopter with a rescue swimmer and a basket. And the ship would have to sail close enough to shore to be within range of the helicopter.
The MH-60 Jayhawk has a range of 300 miles for a typical rescue mission.
1655726311621.png

Dan Deesnee

You likely wouldn’t be flying on a private plane if doing it yourself
That's not true at all. I know several people who have access to private jets and one who owns a jet. Someone who would even conceive of doing this kind of trip might definitely have the means to fly private.

Vegas Disney Fan

That's not true at all. I know several people who have access to private jets and one who owns a jet. Someone who would even conceive of doing this kind of trip might definitely have the means to fly private.

How many people have access to a private jet that’s capable of trans-atlantic flight though?

Even those that do will be paying about $1000-2000 an hour in fuel and crew costs, so the 8 hour flight from Orlando to Paris will cost $8-16k, the 10 hours from Paris to Tokyo another $10-20k, etc… probably looking at $50k-100k in expenses once you add in the dozen or so more hours you’ll spend getting to Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Anaheim along the way and the airport costs to store your jet in each city.

Even if you already own a private jet it’s not cheap.

I found a charter flight calculator and those will run $100k and up too. it’s possible to do it private but other than the insanely wealthy my guess is most would probably opt for the $10k lay flat first class option to save $90k.

Attachments

• 36097849-1EFB-4D83-AA09-49622A799845.jpeg
    36097849-1EFB-4D83-AA09-49622A799845.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 43

peter11435

Yes people have private jets. Those with their own private jets likely aren’t booking this. My point however was that if you’re recreating this trip and using a private jet for transport you are unlikely to do it much cheaper.

Lilofan

I would think one can fly private who is extremely wealthy, however the intrigue of flying with 74 other guests that are the same but can share their Disney love with others, how cannot they pass it up? One can fly private but also can be a lonely experience. A family friend has their own jet and it is surely nice to bypass TSA, airport delays, cancellations, flying to a city just for dinner or a concert, when one can just drive up within walking distance to their plane and hop on in. To go around the world with a chef, doctor and Disney love in common with the other parties is really very special.

muddyrivers

I would think one can fly private who is extremely wealthy, however the intrigue of flying with 74 other guests that are the same but can share their Disney love with others, how cannot they pass it up? One can fly private but also can be a lonely experience. A family friend has their own jet and it is surely nice to bypass TSA, airport delays, cancellations, flying to a city just for dinner or a concert, when one can just drive up within walking distance to their plane and hop on in. To go around the world with a chef, doctor and Disney love in common with the other parties is really very special.
That's exactly my thoughts on this whole offering. Honestly if I won the lottery this would be one of the first trips I sign up for. If I hit the jackpot, I've quit my job and looking for something to do. What could possibly beat travelling on a private jet while exploring all the Disney parks with fellow Disney Parks fans? Not to mention I'm having my meals prepared for me and if I'm not feeling quite right at any point I have a doctor right there.

DisneyCane

I'd much rather wait a few years for SpaceX to offer a 3 hour orbital flight for $100k if I was looking to spend that much on a bucket list item.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'd much rather wait a few years for SpaceX to offer a 3 hour orbital flight for $100k if I was looking to spend that much on a bucket list item.
That's just it... this isn't a 'item' but a whole series of spots.

9 destinations... 3+ weeks of travel, dining and accommodations.

Disney fills up entire boats of people paying $10+k to be on a boat for a week. This is just next level for those that want the turn-key experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom