News D23 Expo 2022

HauntedMansionFLA

I know this may be joking, but Lin-Manuel Miranda is absolutely a possibility. Same with Tom Holland and Kathleen Kennedy(she has produced 5 Star Wars films for Disney and only one of them was not a billion-dollar hit).

Other possibilities? I'd say that Steve Ditko, Joe Rohde, Kristen and Robert Lopez, Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford, James Cameron, and Sana Amanat are all solid choices to consider.
My vote is for Must Do Disney’s Stacy 😉

WDW Pro

@WDW Pro Any rumors on big announcements for either WDW or DLR?? Thank you

I'm not sure there are many big announcements on the docket for a while. Fears of a major recession are dampening everything. I think they're ready to take on Epic Universe with the Splash Mountain refurb if that tells you how little I expect in terms of scope over the next couple of years.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I'm not sure there are many big announcements on the docket for a while. Fears of a major recession are dampening everything. I think they're ready to take on Epic Universe with the Splash Mountain refurb if that tells you how little I expect in terms of scope over the next couple of years.
Maybe for DLR they will announce the revival of the Avengers E ticket. But if a recession happens in 2023 and rebonds after that, maybe bigger ticket items for the parks will be announced at D23 2024.

Dan Deesnee

I find this hard to believe for one main reason. They already hit the brakes, for the most part, on new projects after covid hit. Now they're going to keep their foot on the brakes because of the possibility of a recession?

A recession might not hit at all, could hit this year, next year, or 2024... I just don't find it feasible that Disney has decided to continue to delay or simply not start any big new projects for what would end up being 4-5 years (2020-2025). All the while Universal is gaining serious ground, WDW it's losing ground, and Universal has a massive new park coming in just a couple years.

If what you say happens, then Disney is in even more serious trouble than any of us could even imagine. People are still going on vacations, there just choosing to NOT go to Disney because it's a shell of it's former self and costs more than ever. I have a family member who owns about 15 dog boarding places, he's booked solid.

And my goodness at the misguided idea that destroying Splash Mountain is the best way to compete with Epic Universe.

LOL, good one Bobby C!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I find this hard to believe for one main reason. They already hit the brakes, for the most part, on new projects after covid hit. Now they're going to keep their foot on the brakes because of the possibility of a recession?

A recession might not hit at all, could hit this year, next year, or 2024... I just don't find it feasible that Disney has decided to continue to delay or simply not start any big new projects for what would end up being 4-5 years (2020-2025). All the while Universal is gaining serious ground, WDW it's losing ground, and Universal has a massive new park coming in just a couple years.

If what you say happens, then Disney is in even more serious trouble than any of us could even imagine. People are still going on vacations, there just choosing to NOT go to Disney because it's a shell of it's former self and costs more than ever. I have a family member who owns about 15 dog boarding places, he's booked solid.

And my goodness at the misguided idea that destroying Splash Mountain is the best way to compete with Epic Universe.

LOL, good one Bobby C!

Anyone paying attention knows a recession is a matter of when, not if. But it’ll just be another excuse for Bob & Josh to cut costs and raise prices. CapEx was already reduced significantly, but I have a sneaking suspicion $lappie is going to gut it entirely.

Indy_UK

Im not expecting anything new now. Maybe updates on lighthouse point, play pavilion. I'll be surprised if they continue with 2 more ships too

maleficentfan

I'm worried that the D23 Parks presentation will be a "LOOK WHAT WE DID" not a "LOOK WHAT WE'RE DOING" kind of thing.

I'm expecting announcements on the following things:
1. Splash Mountain Refurb dates
2. Fantasmic! reopening date at HS should that not have been announced/opened yet.
3. Update on Moana and Play pavilions at EPCOT

Other than that, it'll be a portfolio of stuff recently opened or brought back since the closures, a pat on the back for Josh, and stuff we already know is coming. Anything more would be an utter surprise. And that kills me because I ALWAYS am so excited for D23 Parks announcements, even if it's a DL tilted year. Time will tell.

Last edited:

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I'm worried that the D22 Parks presentation will be a "LOOK WHAT WE DID" not a "LOOK WHAT WE'RE DOING" kind of thing.

I'm expecting announcements on the following things:
1. Splash Mountain Refurb dates
2. Fantasmic! reopening date at HS should that not have been announced/opened yet.
3. Update on Moana and Play pavilions at EPCOT

Other than that, it'll be a portfolio of stuff recently opened or brought back since the closures, a pat on the back for Josh, and stuff we already know is coming. Anything more would be an utter surprise. And that kills me because I ALWAYS am so excited for D22 Parks announcements, even if it's a DL tilted year. Time will tell.
Maybe we can add the Avengers E ticket to that list fingers crossed. D23 2024 is when I would expect to see actual new things for the parks announced (Hollywood Land revamp at DCA anyone?) as by then the parks finances will be back on track.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Maybe for DLR they will announce the revival of the Avengers E ticket. But if a recession happens in 2023 and rebonds after that, maybe bigger ticket items for the parks will be announced at D23 2024.
The recession has already started. It will be interesting to see if Bob continues to invest in park assets during this time coming right from the pandemic. They know they need to bolster D+ before the parks. It also seems they are not concerned about EPIC Universe opening either.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The recession has already started. It will be interesting to see if Bob continues to invest in park assets during this time coming right from the pandemic. They know they need to bolster D+ before the parks. It also seems they are not concerned about EPIC Universe opening either.

Will notorious tight-wad/price-raiser/cost-cutter Bob invest in the theme parks after this year?

you don't wanna know 8 ball GIF by Yevbel

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Once EU opens and steals WDWs thunder, Disney will be like "We got to throw something together for WDW!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom