MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

LondonTom

loki-very.gif

BrianLo

I think the honest to goodness biggest perk is simply providing somewhere to eat in WDSP.

Seriously, circa 2013 I think there was a bad coffee stand and then theme park burgers in the Studio 1, which in some ways doesn't feel 'in' the park itself. I assume Blockbuster Cafe was closed. Bistro Chez Remy opening later helps in so far as it added a relatively dichotomously expensive sit down.

It's crazy to me that this park was allowed to live its life so long almost without food.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
I think the honest to goodness biggest perk is simply providing somewhere to eat in WDSP.

Seriously, circa 2013 I think there was a bad coffee stand and then theme park burgers in the Studio 1, which in some ways doesn't feel 'in' the park itself. I assume Blockbuster Cafe was closed. Bistro Chez Remy opening later helps in so far as it added a relatively dichotomously expensive sit down.

It's crazy to me that this park was allowed to live its life so long almost without food.

I think it got away with that because a) its hours were so short, often 10-6 or less and b) it was within walking distance to Disney Village and Disneyland Park.

Blockbuster Cafe was often closed, as was the little diner nearby. I actually ate at the Restaurant des Stars buffet twice in 2017. I think the meal plans are what kept that place open. You needed at least one place in the park to let people use them.

cjkeating

So nice to see a no projection fireworks show. And is that new castle lighting I saw?
The lighting took me by surprise too... it looked like lighting not projections? Also the lighting behind the castle, not part of Illuminations so where was that from? DLP do like to add lots of lighting for one off events for some reason when they should just make it permanent.

LondonTom

I am entirely confused by DLP's food operations. Most food places closing around 4pm, only one place to get a sit-down breakfast outside of the hotels? Some venues just not opening. Walts not open for quite a stint. Etc (Seems to have improved some of these things in the post covid world mind)

Sometimes I strangely wonder if they wanted to make money?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom