Disney to announce overhaul of DL Tomorrowland at D23?

DLR92

Adding Inside out emotional spinner in the western Helix was the dumbest mistake they did in Pixar Pier. Not only did they add it but then cut the budget and left concrete slabs where green Platings were meant to be.
I would have preferred the original plan to build a multi level flicks ride. originally they were going to have an Alice in wonderland style track where Heimlich would go above ground with the track going partially in and out of the helix.

with that said i think the ideal thing would have been to build a themed structure that would have taken a good portion of the helix. This would have been an entrance to a dark ride. The queue would wind thru the shop next to it (shop moved and replace the midway games) and then return to the building to load and unload. The tracks would then go behind the coaster into a show building.

Good planning and some re-arranging i think would have made that possible. They have the original huge parade building that could have been reconfigured and turned into a ride building. I still think that something like this using the Mystic manor system and themed to Coco or at this point Encanto would really work.
DCA is really in need of more indoor attractions, the park is so unbalanced and lacking.
I wish Disney went with a route to bring another dark ride into the pier area. Especially a 2 story level like Alice!

I have thought about using the space pad where Goofy Sky School sit on, a two story level ride based on-The Great Mouse Detective. But I’m no imagineer. Lol

Stevek

seeing rumors space mountain will be rethemed to lightyear mountain doesnt make me happy...i hope its not the case
The rumor came from Flom Boreless's Disneyland site so take it with a grain of salt. Disney has done some stupid stuff but literally makes zero sense to retheme one of the most popular attractions in the park. IF it were to happen, I think that would mean Star Tours is gone as well and they would have a full on Cartoon (probably Pixar) Space Themed land at some point.

EPCOT-O.G.

The rumor came from Flom Boreless's Disneyland site so take it with a grain of salt. Disney has done some stupid stuff but literally makes zero sense to retheme one of the most popular attractions in the park. IF it were to happen, I think that would mean Star Tours is gone as well and they would have a full on Cartoon (probably Pixar) Space Themed land at some point.
Especially retheming it around one of the softest openings for a Pixar film and one, if this trend bears out, will be the first Pixar film that won’t make back its money.

EPCOT-O.G.

The Good Dinosaur made $332 million worldwide, I think that was the first true flop for them.
Ah! Yes you’re correct. I thought that was a Disney Animation film.

Also, no one has rethemed any rides based on that film, nor revamped Tomorrowland from the aesthetic of the same-named film.

Back to the drawing board!

Th3 DUd3

Now I'm sorry I didn't get a magic key so I could watch the All American College Band this summer.
Future Corps was better.
1. No woodwinds
2. No woodwinds
&
3. No woodwinds

I personally think they should convert the DL Band to a corps style performance group.
The only problem is that the old Future Corps of Epcot was that it was all DCI Vets who could scream with G Bugles and not Bb Horns. Sighs….Don’t get that kind of talent anymore.

shambolicdefending

I'd say the problems with Lightyear are more likely to be "all of the above" than any one factor.

A lot of people are happy to wait for Disney+.
It's getting average word-of-mouth.
It's up against some stiff competition with Top Gun.
The concept is abstract.
No Tim Allen = Not really "Buzz" in many people's minds.

Last edited:

TheDisneyParksfanC8

What's now clearly apparent is that Lightyear is a huge box office bomb, and no Lightyear re-themes will be greenlit for any Tomorrowland makeovers anytime soon.

TBH if they were going to do a Lightyear overlay, they should have done Astro Blasters. Now that would have made sense

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom