Catering to the Uber Rich

Djsfantasi

What if some/most/all will get COVID (a small price to pay) but I wonder how that works? Are they all sent to quarantine hotel mid trip?
They’ll be treated like anyone who gets or is exposed to Covid. This happened to a friend of mine. He was quarantined in his stateroom and meals were delivered to him. And they weren’t restaurant quality meals either.

Disstevefan1

They’ll be treated like anyone who gets or is exposed to Covid. This happened to a friend of mine. He was quarantined in his stateroom and meals were delivered to him. And they weren’t restaurant quality meals either.
This is for sure different than a cruise. Will the COVID person be left behind while the rest of the people hop on the jet to get to the next park? Does the COVID person’s 100K trip of a lifetime simply end right there?

Disney Glimpses

The crux of the issue is that Disney Parks are so popular these days that they are finding the need to cut guests out. The guests who will get cut are the ones who are least likely to give them more money. That being said, they may be moving too quickly on this with a looming recession. They won't ever lower prices, but they will offer hefty discounts when necessary.

Djsfantasi

Missed the point that this isn’t a cruise… or are cruises a component?

If a person gets Covid, I say they get cut and given a credit for a future trip.

UpAllNight

I have no objection to DIsney trying to make as much money as possible, so long as they invest back into attractions & service.

I was impressed by the new additions since my last visit, disappointed by some of the service, but am slightly alarmed by the lack of plans on the current roadmap. Charge a premium - it's a premium destination, but continue to make an effort please.

Lilofan

Helpful hint: buy the trip insurance.
One insurance one rarely buys is medical insurance if one on a cruise ship needs to be medivac via helicopter at sea to the nearest medical facility. Instead of a few hundred dollars insurance for the year , a medical helicopter ride can cost over $100K.

Dan Deesnee

The real question here is, how much would it cost to just do this on your own? I'm guess far, far less but you miss out on the exclusive stuff.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
The real question here is, how much would it cost to just do this on your own? I'm guess far, far less but you miss out on the exclusive stuff.
I saw one estimate close to $75,000, but there's a certain appeal for the elements included that you just couldn't get on your own.

Lilofan

Billionaire Warren Buffet who still lives in the same house for over 50 years, has meals at Dairy Queen and drives a pre owned Cadillac followed by his security team had no choice to to buy a jet years ago . He could not afford the delays at the airport flying commercial and he would be easily recognized.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
One insurance one rarely buys is medical insurance if one on a cruise ship needs to be medivac via helicopter at sea to the nearest medical facility. Instead of a few hundred dollars insurance for the year , a medical helicopter ride can cost over $100K.
Most trip insurance sold by travel agents or cruise lines cover medical evaluation costs. You do not have to buy separate coverage. Insurance from DCL is actually quite reasonable. You can always provide your own. A travel agent such as @Kingdom Konsultant can seamlessly integrate it into your booking package.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Most travel insurance now specifically excludes covid.
That is because some cruise lines such as Royal will cover the cost of treatment and evacuation if needed as part of the fare. Additionally they will rebook and or refund if appropriate with a positive covid guests traveling party.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom