News Disney’s DuckTales World Showcase Adventure Announced for Play Disney Parks Mobile App at Epcot

Surferboy567

Kind of a weird development on this but none the less worth mentioning. “The Art of DuckTales” is a new artbook releasing detailing the behind the scenes and art of the DuckTales 2017 show. Some images of the book have surfaced and the World Showcase adventure is explicitly mentioned. It’s hard to read and see as the image is blurry, but it shows the attraction poster as well as brief description.

I think the new DuckTales has been among the best animated content (in terms of recent shows) Disney has produced. Would love to see this move forward and seems like it would fit well within EPCOT. Not sure how likely it is to be revived with no updates but just wanted to mention this here. Probably grasping at straws but interesting nonetheless.

TheMaxRebo

Kind of a weird development on this but none the less worth mentioning. “The Art of DuckTales” is a new artbook releasing detailing the behind the scenes and art of the DuckTales 2017 show. Some images of the book have surfaced and the World Showcase adventure is explicitly mentioned. It’s hard to read and see as the image is blurry, but it shows the attraction poster as well as brief description.

I think the new DuckTales has been among the best animated content (in terms of recent shows) Disney has produced. Would love to see this move forward and seems like it would fit well within EPCOT. Not sure how likely it is to be revived with no updates but just wanted to mention this here. Probably grasping at straws but interesting nonetheless.

I think it would be great to have this actually come to be - things that encourage everyone (but especially kids) to explore WS more I think is great and I know my kids still enjoy Duck Tales

Wonder if this could be reworked a bit to work with MB+ - so you band vibrates when close and then use the app to trigger the events and when you are successful your band lights up, stuff like that

doctornick

This is true, and I have no data to back this up, but I feel like both of those were more popular even after their series ended than duck tales ever was.
I have no idea but I’m quite skeptical (especially with Kim Possible which I feel like had no lingering presence). Duck Tales at the very least has multiple generation awareness given that there was two different shows years apart and also features off shoots from mainstream and well know Disney IP (deriving from Donald).

doctornick

Kids like any activities even if its just getting a sticker at different pavilions. Doesnt even have to be IP. Im sure if they did this even now it would be successful at least a decent ROI

I'd be curious as to how much work was already done. It doesn't seem like the changeover from Perry to DuckTales would be too intensive. Did they already cast/build/replace the figures in the pavilions?

ppete1975

I'd be curious as to how much work was already done. It doesn't seem like the changeover from Perry to DuckTales would be too intensive. Did they already cast/build/replace the figures in the pavilions?
i dont even think it was going to be that grand. From my understanding it was just a scavenger hunt on your phone.

Not much different than getting a stamp from each land or a sticker. Sad Disney doesnt do more of this since it costs them ... NOTHING.
Cost of a cast member if you have one dedicated to it at each land, if not just make each cast member at the pavillion have the stickers. And the cost of stickers which for disney would be prob 1 dollar a 1000 or even cheaper.

Things like this cost about what the park maps do.

Got distracted.. as far as the ducktales

Going virtual would be even cheaper because once built its free for them.

doctornick

i dont even think it was going to be that grand. From my understanding it was just a scavenger hunt on your phone.

Not much different than getting a stamp from each land or a sticker. Sad Disney doesnt do more of this since it costs them ... NOTHING.
Cost of a cast member if you have one dedicated to it at each land, if not just make each cast member at the pavillion have the stickers. And the cost of stickers which for disney would be prob 1 dollar a 1000 or even cheaper.

Things like this cost about what the park maps do.

Got distracted.. as far as the ducktales

Going virtual would be even cheaper because once built its free for them.
Wasn’t it going to update the figures and scenes that existed for Kim Possible/Agent P? The hardware is already in place and how they activate; it would be pretty trivial to swap out platypus figure for duck ones.

You would use your phone to participate just like you did for Agent P (for Kim P they actually gave out phones to use) but your participation triggers small effects in individual pavilions. It worked kinda similar to the Pirates adventure in Adventureland.

ToTBellHop

Wasn’t it going to update the figures and scenes that existed for Kim Possible/Agent P? The hardware is already in place and how they activate; it would be pretty trivial to swap out platypus figure for duck ones.

You would use your phone to participate just like you did for Agent P (for Kim P they actually gave out phones to use) but your participation triggers small effects in individual pavilions. It worked kinda similar to the Pirates adventure in Adventureland.
Yes, this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom