Anyone dislike the volggers content?

Sir_Cliff

As with all comparable media, not all vlogger-type content is the same. The quality can vary quite drastically from person to person.

It would be better to ask why Disney vloggers, specially, have such poor reputations.

Their content, attitude and public behavior is a large part of that IMO.
I don't honestly know enough about them to really comment, though the content aspect of it did come to mind for me watching this other guy's Vlogs as it really highlighted to me how little preparation seems to go into it. Maybe all people want is to see them eating at Disney QS places and restaurants as well as touring the hotels and parks as a way to live vicariously through them, though?

In terms of attitude, I wonder whether it's a little self-selecting in terms of the type of person who would choose to make a career vlogging essentially one vacation destination day-in, day-out and also the desperation for something interesting to show which means pushing for special passes, privileges, etc.

Vloggers scrambling to find new things to cover and drive interest in their channels is a symptom of WDW's overall lack of frequent, new things worth talking about.

Had the technology existed at the time, it would have been far more exciting to watch these types of videos during the late 80s up until the opening of Animal Kingdom.
I definitely agree, though I still think they would have been stretching to find things to show circling between the existing parks and resorts for a lot of that time.

That said, this comment has made me realise how much I used to enjoy the frequent construction photos back in the day as it seemed like you saw actual progress every week. Nowdays, with projects like the Epcot central spine and Tron, it's like watching paint dry. You really have to wait several months between construction updates to notice much happening.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Whenever I see posts about not doing any work I alway wonder how many people have ever edited a video. My guess is most bloggers put in more than the 8 hours a day most of us work, especially since it’s a second job for most until they get a following.
Exactly. Not to mention it takes a while to build enough of a following where you can make any money.

Jacob Marley

You're in a thread that's asking people if they dislike vloggers content. People are answering the the topic question truthfully.
How about if you don't like the question or potential answers... don't read this thread. Problem solved.
Or better yet... instead of belittling honest answers to this discussion, why not start a supportive / fan thread for people who like the vloggers, if there isn't one already.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
You're in a thread that's asking people if they dislike vloggers content. People are answering the the topic question truthfully.
How about if you don't like the question or potential answers... don't read this thread. Problem solved.
Nothing wrong with my reply . The poster stated ,
"I hate them all"
I answered ,
"Don't watch them . Problem solved"
I didn't say his point wasn't valid.

Brad Bishop

I've actually reached the point where I just about can't stand Disney videos.

- part of it is my loss of interest in the parks, based everything that's going on with them - I don't see myself ever returning.
- part of it is that there may be some tidbit of news like, "The horn fell off the dragon during the Festival of Fantasy parade," (interesting enough - doesn't really affect my life) and the very next thing is "new merch" or "new cupcake"

I could even get on board if the "new merch" bit were things that were very specialized like a 4ft-tall Cinderella's Castle replica that you could have for $$$$. Over the top stuff like that. Yeah, I get it. New T-shirts and mouse-ears? Why?

I'm unsubscribing from them as I go. Even ones I kind of liked for a long time like Offhand Disney have left me with, "I think you've run out of things to say." (and he is one of the better ones). A lot of the material is just regurgitated stories we've heard again and again.

Also, not picking on Offhand here. I'd buy you a beer any day of the week. Just had my fill of it all.

bhg469

I've actually reached the point where I just about can't stand Disney videos.

- part of it is my loss of interest in the parks, based everything that's going on with them - I don't see myself ever returning.
- part of it is that there may be some tidbit of news like, "The horn fell off the dragon during the Festival of Fantasy parade," (interesting enough - doesn't really affect my life) and the very next thing is "new merch" or "new cupcake"

I could even get on board if the "new merch" bit were things that were very specialized like a 4ft-tall Cinderella's Castle replica that you could have for $$$$. Over the top stuff like that. Yeah, I get it. New T-shirts and mouse-ears? Why?

I'm unsubscribing from them as I go. Even ones I kind of liked for a long time like Offhand Disney have left me with, "I think you've run out of things to say." (and he is one of the better ones). A lot of the material is just regurgitated stories we've heard again and again.

Also, not picking on Offhand here. I'd buy you a beer any day of the week. Just had my fill of it all.
Funny you should mention beer because I went to Jellyrolls a while back and say the chubby dude with the tiny hat drinking up a storm with his entourage and drove home. My wife and I don't shy away from drinking on site but we ALWAYS use a dd or Uber. It disgusted me that the dude who everyone finds super likable displaying questionable behavior.

Last edited:

tanc

I liked the trackers until they became a family channel. I personally do not like "family channels" on YouTube. I hate to know people record their children and post it online. I understand it, but I have always been severely against recording your personal life online and posting it. It would almost be like you have no privacy.

Now the site that shall not be named, I enjoy their content. Easy way to keep up with things I may miss about Disney parks recently.

Channels like Best Life and Beyond are just riddled with tons of controversy but that's a whole different rabbit hole to dive into.

Uncle Scrooge

As a Brit with no current budget to get to WDW with the family I like the escapism of watching a Disney stream. Saturday morning TV in the UK is awful so I regularly stream ResortTV1's Friday Night Live for a couple of hours or more on a Saturday if we have nothing planned. The kids love seeing the parks, attractions and parades plus it gives insight for when we do eventually get over. I've tried other streamers/bloggers but ultimately settled on ResortTV1 for their enthusiasm, quality of stream and community engagement.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I liked the trackers until they became a family channel. I personally do not like "family channels" on YouTube. I hate to know people record their children and post it online. I understand it, but I have always been severely against recording your personal life online and posting it. It would almost be like you have no privacy.
I agree. I don't watch channels or videos where there are children being used for views. Something about it makes me uncomfortable. Probably because I work in HR and there are so many consent forms I have to have people fill out and YouTube children cannot have the option to opt-out in most cases since the parents are monetizing the stuff and want content.

Disney Glimpses

Now the site that shall not be named, I enjoy their content. Easy way to keep up with things I may miss about Disney parks recently.

Channels like Best Life and Beyond are just riddled with tons of controversy but that's a whole different rabbit hole to dive into.
I feel bad for saying this but it's true. It's just not the same. Not telling anyone how to raise their family but if it were my channel, I'd be utilizing childcare while I worked (instead of integrating my kids into my work).

Phil12

I feel bad for saying this but it's true. It's just not the same. Not telling anyone how to raise their family but if it were my channel, I'd be utilizing childcare while I worked (instead of integrating my kids into my work).
Children that are being used for profit in YouTube videos will end up suing their parents for the money they earned. The state of California has the "Coogan Law" to protect child actors. The Trackers will end up flat broke if they're not careful.

bhg469

Children that are being used for profit in YouTube videos will end up suing their parents for the money they earned. The state of California has the "Coogan Law" to protect child actors. The Trackers will end up flat broke if they're not careful.
Nah. The nanny will keep the kid in line.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Nah. The nanny will keep the kid in line.
The nanny will most likely get a substantial finders fee from the child for finding him a good attorney.
23a643b439192ae9aded27621310c848f3-the-nanny-best-episodes.rsquare.w700.jpg

Mark48

Funny you should mention beer because I went to Jellyrolls a while back and say the chubby dude with the tiny hat drinking up a storm with his entourage and drove home. My wife and I don't shy away from drinking on site but we ALWAYS use a dd or Uber. It disgusted me that the dude who everyone finds super likable displaying questionable behavior.
I am concerned the " Tubby " dude is on the fast track to a Heart Attack. Wow can he eat.

bennyw01

He clearly has an alcohol dependency too, given the heat and steps required for Disney, if he stopped the booze and stopped ordering two 3 course adult meals every time he goes out, the weight would fall off him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom