Trip Report Magicians in everything I see

I think I read too many trip reports.

During our time at Disney everything I saw and felt reminded me of a lot of you. Some I know by name, some I remember by something I read in a report and thought of you even if I couldn't remember your name. It actually opened my eyes to things I didn't notice before.

This trip happened so fast, a quick recap for those that didn't read my pre trip report...

C just graduated college and planned a trip with a friend, friend had to back out so me, mom, went instead. C and friend all ready had their days planned and reservations made so I just did what I was told to do. It was actually nice not being the one doing all the planning

Meet C. She is a Disney lover, compassionate, singer extraordinaire, funny human being, animal lover. You can also read every emotion on her face, disgust, loathing, excitement, sadness.

Here she is in 2010

PICT0146.JPG

C just before our trip

CFDD85CA-8CDE-4434-AAE3-FE73E3E26F1F.jpeg

Our Disney trip started on Sunday May 15th - Saturday May 21st.
All Star Movies
No park hopper
Reservations at ll Muliano, Oga's, Mama Melrose, Skipper Canteen.

I don't take notes and will try to retell our story as I go through the pictures. So I better get started before I forget.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Friday May 20th. Magic Kingdom Day!!

C and I are up at 6am to purchase Genie+ for the day. Guess who can't purchase it again. We both try. Guess who has to run to the front desk to have the CM's purchase it for me. They still can't figure out why It won't let me purchase Genie+. I won't go into detail the words that I mumbled to and from the lobby. By 7:30 I'm happy again and we are in line for the bus. There was quite a line but busses were pretty quick. The forecast was storms off and on today and I was a little worried it would put a damper on our day.

IMG_7878.JPG
IMG_7879.JPG
IMG_7880.JPG

I had some chills walking under the train station.

IMG_7882.JPG
IMG_7883.JPG

We stopped at Tomorrowland and waited for resort guest early entry. As we were standing there you could see the clouds coming in and it getting a little darker. We debated and headed to Space Mountain with the rest of the crowd.

IMG_7884.JPG
IMG_7885.JPG

When we got off and the gift store was packed and it had rained hard while we were riding. It was barely drizzling but I purchased a poncho knowing I'd need it for the day.

IYKYK right @Tuvalu

IMG_7886.JPG
IMG_7887.JPG

IMG_7888.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
It's 9:30 and we head over to Frontierland. I mean that's where you're supposed to start in MK anyway.

IMG_7892.JPG

LL #1

IMG_7893.JPG

There was a group of teen boys riding and they were hilarious. They screamed like girls the whole time.

IMG_7895.JPG

Splash was listed as 10. Could've been just a little more but not by much. We actually walked around the queue and I noticed the little houses I never remember seeing.

IMG_7897.JPG
IMG_7898.JPG
IMG_7899.JPG
IMG_7900.JPG

OK @wdwmagic I want to change my name on the forum to Zipadeelady. Love this. Is that possible?!

IMG_7903.JPG

C needed coffee and food. While waiting in line we watched the CM's from Pecos Bill open up with their song/cheer/hillbilly call.

IMG_7907.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
IMG_7908.JPG

The big bear on the roof asked for some breakfast which I of course signaled I'd get him something. I got quite a few kisses blown my way.

IMG_7905.JPG

Not recommended.

IMG_7909.JPG

We walked around and got in line for Pirates
IMG_7910.JPG

We tried to recreate a photo from when C was 5.

IMG_7911.JPG

We caught Captain Jack running the way only Captain Jack would run looking for safety

IMG_7923.JPG

And were movin'

IMG_7928.JPG

LL #2 at 11:20

IMG_7930.JPG
IMG_7936.JPG

Strolling and taking breaks.

IMG_7938.JPG

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Earlier C actually told me twice she didn't mind if we skipped It's a Small World. Hehehehe

IMG_7939.JPG

I love the colors!

IMG_7942.JPG

IMG_7943.JPG
IMG_7946.JPG

We stopped in for Mickey's Philharmagic and we both liked the Coco scenes. Coco is a favorite of both of ours though.

IMG_7948.JPG

We had an appointment over in Tomorrowland. Maybe someday I'll eat up there.

IMG_7949.JPG

C was refusing to pose. She was complaining about something in her eye. :rolleyes:

IMG_7950.JPG
IMG_7951.JPG

LL #3

IMG_7952.JPG
IMG_7953.JPG

No need to show you the score. We both did horribly.

MickeyCB

Wdwmagic made it official, my new name is Zipadeelady!!
Fun!! Very cute new name, and love the photo of the boat!
I never realized several years ago when I made an account and was just a lurker that I might get involved a little and live to regret my choice for a forum name. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Mickey Mouse nut but should probably have spent more than 10 seconds thinking up the name! 🤣
Good to know you can change it if you would like!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Fun!! Very cute new name, and love the photo of the boat!
I never realized several years ago when I made an account and was just a lurker that I might get involved a little and live to regret my choice for a forum name. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Mickey Mouse nut but should probably have spent more than 10 seconds thinking up the name! 🤣
Good to know you can change it if you would like!
I did the same thing. Regretted my quick name choice just so I could comment on some ones post. I'd wondered about starting a new account years ago to change my name but never did. When I was riding Splash I saw the boat and thought "That's my new name!!!" Glad it was easy to do.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
It seems like I hardly ride the Tea Cups so off we go. We wait for about an unheard of 15 minutes. There is a little girl in front of us that is trying her best to be patient but is having a hard time. Mom is also trying to keep her happy but not succeeding. C sticks her thumb on her nose, wiggles her fingers and sticks out her tongue at her. I look at mom and say sorry, kids. She laughs and C has a new best friend. The proceed to make faces at each other while we wait. When we are let loose to find our Tea Cup, C's new friend makes sure they get one next to us and is waving at C.

IMG_7955.JPG

We're waiting and waiting and are told we have to evacuate but to stay by the exit and they let us back on. It only took a couple of minutes and we were back on. C lost her new best friend but is happy to spin me too fast, faster than I asked for. Once exiting the ride we hear a little girl yelling and waving to C "bye new friend", so cute. She needs to be a princess.

IMG_7958.JPG

We mobile ordered from Columbia Harbour House. Once we arrived we checked in and our food is ready in about 30 seconds. I ordered the kids chicken tenders with green beans and fries. Perfect portion size for me and the green beans were so good! C got the Doom burger, a vegetarian option of fake crab cake. She didn't care for it but managed to eat most of it.

IMG_7960.JPG
IMG_7961.JPG

Hey @Tuvalu does this view look familiar? If anyone has heard of Tuvalu and read her report you might remember she ate here and sat at this exact seat. It's a great location to relax, and get away from groups of people in a small room upstairs.

IMG_7962.JPG

Back to Fantasyland.

IMG_7963.JPG
IMG_7964.JPG
IMG_7972.JPG

LL #4

IMG_7975.JPG
IMG_7977.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
It's 3:00 when we exit Pooh. It's humid and hot and yep I've been carrying around a poncho since 8:45. We've managed to dodge the rain and drizzle so far. We decide to head back to the resort for a break. On our way out we run into Festival Fantasy Parade. Or what ever it's called. We just walked along beside it weaving in and out of people clogging up the walkway.

IMG_7982.JPG
IMG_7983.JPG
IMG_7986.JPG

After a nice rest for me and a nap for C (yes, the girl who didn't want any breaks is sleeping while I just lay on the bed to relax and recharge). It's 5:30 and we've taken a good 2 hour rest. Board says bus will be here in about 20 minutes. Buses have been great with the exception of once or twice.

IMG_7989.JPG

My photos say we were walking up to the Magic Kingdom entrance at 5:57 so it must of not taken 20 minutes for the bus. In between these photos I must have being looking on Facebook because there is a snapshot of an Avocado Salad recipe. Darstarr are you interested?

IMG_7992.JPG

Dinner was something C and Friend really wanted to try. Friend is a huge fan of the Jungle Cruise.

IMG_7993.JPG
IMG_7995.JPG

I know it's Florida and I know I've been complaining about the heat and humidity but I was also chilled a bit. I asked the waiter if they have tea. CM "hot tea" Me: yes. CM: "Um yes we do". Me: Do you have creamer? CM: "just half and half". Me: Oh, nevermind, I'm just a bit chilly. CM: "I can bring you a glass of hot water". Me: I'm not completely my mother yet, I'll have the Sangria. CM: "much better choice" C had the Adventureland Colada. Very good, my Sangria was forgettable.

IMG_7997.JPG

C had read that the Fall Family Falafel was fantastic, I wasn't so sure it would be. If C wasn't my daughter I may have fought her for the last one. They were sooo good.

IMG_7998.JPG

I was going to get the Tastes like chicken because it is but I'm a sucker for a good noodle dish and the Perkin Thai Noodles sounded delicious. C got the tofu and I requested chicken. It was spicy but as delicious as I had hoped. C is even more sensitive to spice than me so we went through quite a bit of water. The waiter told us that if we come back to ask for the sauce on the side that way we can add as much or little as we'd like. He also asked C if she liked Spicy food. C said "sour cream is my choice of hot sauce" He got a good chuckle.

IMG_8001.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
After dinner we felt a second ride of Pirates was in order.

IMG_8003.JPG

Upon exiting ride and entering gift shop it was raining extremely hard and we waited in the gift shop for quite awhile.

IMG_8010.JPG
IMG_8015.JPG

Tired of waiting we ran around the corner and hopped back on for a third round of Pirates. Hand gestures not to be mistake for LL #3

IMG_8016.JPG

This is also third time today for sitting in the last row. Isn't that a goocher or something.

IMG_8018.JPG

61D456FE-605D-444F-818B-C3DA41EFF333.jpeg

The gift shop was even more packed when we got off the third time. We found a crate to sit on for a bit then after carrying around that poncho for 12 hours i finally put it on and we headed to Pan for LL #5

IMG_8021.JPG
IMG_8022.JPG

No wait at HM

IMG_8023.JPG

IMG_8024.JPG

Edit for jolt of memory:
When leaving the stretching room to get on our buggy we noticed two people with three dogs in front of us. Again I'm shaking my head. I'm not a dog trainer but most people can tell if it's a legit trained dog for medical reasons. One person and a dog get in a buggy then the other person and two dogs get in another buggy. One of the dogs tails is sticking out C is yelling about the dogs tail and no one is paying attention, C actually runs into a wall because she's so worried about trying to get someone to understand that the dogs tail is out that she's not watching where she's going. We get in our buggy which is about 6 buggies behind the dogs and the ride stops. Of course it does. Dog's don't belong on Haunted Mansion. @wdisney9000 am I wrong? Am I not being understanding? ~rant over~

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
When we got off Pan it wasn't raining but we figured with as much as it has rained and for as long as it had been raining Enchantments would be cancelled. We headed to Tomorrowland and when passing the back of the Castle it was roped off and a CM was saying they were still having fireworks. This made C's night and we ran to the front of the Castle where there was plenty of space in the Hub to watch. I actually really loved the show. Don't get me wrong, Happily Ever After is better but I don't get the hate for this show. I had all the feels going, goose bumps were popping out. Loved it. It started to mist, then sprinkle, then rain. People weren't budging, nobody cared if they got wet, well ok I put my poncho back on. Maybe it was watching it in the rain that gave it a special affect. Two thumbs up from C and I. We "thought" it was over and turned around to take off through the crowd we got about 15-20 feet and realized there was more. There was no where to stop and stand. Everywhere we tried we were blocking people. So yes, we were those people running through the crowd blocking views while trying to get out of the way.

IMG_8029.JPG
IMG_8032.JPG
IMG_8036.JPG
IMG_8037.JPG
IMG_8040.JPG
IMG_8041.JPG
IMG_8042.JPG
IMG_8045.JPG
IMG_8046.JPG
IMG_8049.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom