News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 20 Stats (6/15):
7am: 10.3 secs
1pm: 1956.4 secs, or ~33 mins

BG 182 is the last BG called for the day. This is 11 less than yesterday.

The average pace was 3-4mins/BG for entire day.

Notable 15+ mins stoppages today:
10:37 - 11:15 am
3:05 - 3:26 pm
6:09 - 6:58 pm

That does it for Day 20 of GotG: CR!
scatter_plot-19.png

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 21 Stats (6/16):
7am: 6.8 secs
1pm: 5.1 secs

NOTE: The second drop went much quicker than the first drop. This is a first among ROTR, Rat, & CR (I'm pretty sure).

BG 152 is the last BG called for the day. This is 30 less than yesterday.

Notable 15+ min stoppages today:
8:39 - 10:03 am
10:32 - 11:50 am
3:27 - 4:03 pm
6:21 - 6:41 pm
7:01 - 7:21 pm

That does it for Day 21 of GotG: CR!
scatter_plot-18.png

flutas

BG 152 is the last BG called for the day. This is 30 less than yesterday.

Notable 15+ min stoppages today:
8:39 - 10:03 am
10:32 - 11:50 am
3:27 - 4:03 pm
6:21 - 6:41 pm
7:01 - 7:21 pm
Honestly I'm impressed they were only 30 lower than yesterday given it sounds like there were almost 4 hours of groups not being called in total.

UNCgolf

Honestly I'm impressed they were only 30 lower than yesterday given it sounds like there were almost 4 hours of groups not being called in total.

They could have made the afternoon groups smaller, although I'm not sure why they'd bother doing that.

Maybe if they were concerned about more downtime, I guess.

flutas

They could have made the afternoon groups smaller, although I'm not sure why they'd bother doing that.

Maybe if they were concerned about more downtime, I guess.

True, the system is fairly opaque in terms of actual capacity. Less people in the groups could also explain it filling a lot faster.

59 Groups @ 1pm with 2hr 8m uptime = ~2.16 minutes per group
93 Groups @ 8pm (?) with 5hr 54m uptime = ~3.80 minutes per group

Looking at the numbers the afternoon groups were taking longer than the morning groups, so not sure what to make of it all.

lightningtap347

What's the best way to ensure I get a 7AM?

Use my computer over my phone on home wifi?

Are there any specific tips and tricks besides spamming the button?

I've never done VQ before and don't want to miss out on my one shot (technically two)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
What's the best way to ensure I get a 7AM?

Use my computer over my phone on home wifi?

Are there any specific tips and tricks besides spamming the button?

I've never done VQ before and don't want to miss out on my one shot (technically two)
It comes down to hitting the button at exactly 7am. Don't try to keep refreshing it during the minute before that. Use an atomic clock or Apple Watch etc. to verify timings.

scuttlebud

Looking at the numbers the afternoon groups were taking longer than the morning groups, so not sure what to make of it all.

Seems likely the wide socialization of the “come back anytime you want after your group is called” policy would cause that. Displaced morning group holders showing up later in the day slowing afternoon groups.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see that feature reigned in if the BG system stays in place for much longer.

disneygeek90

Seems likely the wide socialization of the “come back anytime you want after your group is called” policy would cause that. Displaced morning group holders showing up later in the day slowing afternoon groups.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see that feature reigned in if the BG system stays in place for much longer.
Problem is... when you don't know what your group is going to be until you get a seemingly random number given to you with a not set time, they can't really restrict people to an hour. All guests are not planning on being there at 8am.

I got group 23 this morning, but I won't be able to get there till the afternoon.

PizzaPlanet

It comes down to hitting the button at exactly 7am. Don't try to keep refreshing it during the minute before that. Use an atomic clock or Apple Watch etc. to verify timings.
So it’s probably more accurate to use an atomic clock as opposed to relying on your own device’s time?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom