News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Dear Prudence

You saw it here first! 🤣
8d3e72f37fd9572b9696014e0b9202bd.jpg
Giving me Sailor Jupiter Vibes, 10/10 would absolutely watch this show. Also, gorgeous fan art.

Dear Prudence

Of course the thrill elements are there - just they aren't the focus of the retheme, of what is *changing* about the ride
They still should at least get some mention at some point because the original drops were built into the narrative and were used as narrative devices. Like one some level I get it, maybe it will all be revealed in time, but it just feels like this speaks to their over all just plain old laziness and the white-knighting acceptance of everything they put out just being lapped up (I hope that makes sense).

TheMaxRebo

They still should at least get some mention at some point because the original drops were built into the narrative and were used as narrative devices. Like one some level I get it, maybe it will all be revealed in time, but it just feels like this speaks to their over all just plain old laziness and the white-knighting acceptance of everything they put out just being lapped up (I hope that makes sense).

I do hope they incorporate the drop(s) as a storytelling element - like one is dropping into the "Other side", stuff like that

fgmnt

I do hope they incorporate the drop(s) as a storytelling element - like one is dropping into the "Other side", stuff like that
They definitely have an opportunity to make a much more memorable experience in The Other Side replacing the Laughin' Place, if they even choose to go that route. Lean really heavy into colors that pop out in dark rides, add fog and smoke effects. Not that I am expecting anything of that sort at all.

Animaniac93-98

They still should at least get some mention at some point because the original drops were built into the narrative and were used as narrative devices.

The whole exterior is also designed around that drop (another idea taken from Knotts).

It's the focal point, and the draw for those who don't know what the ride is about. You see the falling logs and hear the screams from the other end of Frontierland. I get they want the tree on top to be the visual beacon, but unless they flatten the whole thing, that big drop will still be a big part of the ride, whether or not they want it to be the focus.

Vegas Disney Fan

"We are working with so many consultants..."

I feel like that's the reason right there why this is taking so long to even start. More time spent reaching out to people and waiting for responses. More layers of revisions and decision making to deal with.

Doubt most, if any, have experience in attraction design/operation either.

I doubt they are consulting ride engineers and/or designers, more likely groups like the NAACP to make sure they don’t do something wrong and accidentally step into another fiasco.

Charita Carters previous ride credit was Mickey and Minnie’s runaway railway which gives me hope and fear at the same time, I enjoy MMRR but Splash, in its current form, is infinitely better.

Animaniac93-98

Charita Carters previous ride credit was Mickey and Minnie’s runaway railway which gives me hope and fear at the same time, I enjoy MMRR but Splash, in its current form, is infinitely better.

Splash works so well because it was designed from the ground up to tell a specific story in a specific way.

They're working backwards with this redo, trying to fit something into an existing space with a ride path/type that may not be ideal.

Disney Glimpses

Sadly, I've heard from far too many people now (of whom have no association with each other) that the rushed Tron timeline is in fact Splash Mountain related. I'm gonna dip out of this thread. Really quite sad to see this attraction go. I'd normally be excited for what WDI has in store but under the current leadership compounded with the current and looming financial climate, I have no optimism left. I wish you all get a chance to ride it at least one more time. I don't know if we'll ever get another attraction quite like it.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Sadly, I've heard from far too many people now (of whom have no association with each other) that the rushed Tron timeline is in fact Splash Mountain related. I'm gonna dip out of this thread. Really quite sad to see this attraction go. I'd normally be excited for what WDI has in store but under the current leadership compound with the current and looming financial climate, I have no optimism left. I wish you all get a chance to ride it at least one more time. I don't know if we'll ever get another attraction quite like it.
Rushed Tron timeline???

Vegas Disney Fan

Seems we just got through the stage of denial.

Time to move on to the stages of anger and bargaining.

What stage is fear? That’s my emotion with this, I think it has massive potential but I fear we’re going to get a low budget ride full of screens with a story that makes no sense because they had to put a round peg in a square hole.

They haven’t built any rides recently that match Splash… Rise, Flight, etc are great rides but they still aren’t at the same level of detail or story as Splash.

If they don’t knock this out of the park everyone, pro and anti change, will be disappointed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom