Disneyland Hawaii Resort (Open Brainstorming)

MickeyMouse10

Nah. You can do it. I want to see you do my ideas for the park.

chinese theatre edit 2.jpg

Cool, I've got some ideas for a Hollywood park. I'm thinking we should bring back the Great Movie Ride with new movies. What do you think?

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 645742

Cool, I've got some ideas for a Hollywood park. I'm thinking we should bring back the Great Movie Ride with new movies. What do you think?
The Great Movie Ride:
-Silent Films
-The Jazz Singer
-Footlight Parade
-Singin' in the Rain
-Mary Poppins
-The Public Enemy
-Western Films (John Wayne and Clint Eastwood)
-Alien
-Young Frankenstein
-Ghostbusters (1984)
-Raiders of the Ark
-Tarzan the Ape Man
-Casablanca
-Who Framed Roger Rabbit
-The Muppet Movie
-Star Wars
-Titanic
-Rocky
-Fantasia
-The Wizard of OZ

The Great Movie Ride will have its Christmas overlay:
-A Christmas Story
-Home Alone
-National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
-Babes in Toyland
-The Santa Clause
-Elf
-Deck the Halls (2006)
-Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
-Meet Me in St. Louis
-The Nightmare Before Christmas
-Gremlins
-It's a Wonderful Life
-Die Hard
-Black Christmas
-A Christmas Carol
-The Polar Express
-Santa Claus (1959)
-Santa Claus The Movie (1985)
-Jingle All The Way (1996)

The Great Movie Ride will have its Halloween overlay:
-Halloween (1978)
-Child's Play (1988)
-A Nightmare at Elm Street
-Stephen King films
-Friday the 13th
-Texas Chainsaw Massacre
and more

MickeyMouse10

Interesting ideas, but I think we should probably stick with the movies Disney owns. There should definitely be a Christmas overlay though.

MickeyMouse10

This is what I have for my listing from a previous thread. The one where we talked about seasonal overlays for... mostly current attractions.

Old​
New​
Footlight Parade​
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs​
Singin' in the Rain​
Bedknobs and Broomsticks​
Mary Poppins​
Mary Poppins​
The Public Enemy​
Dick Tracy​
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Who Framed Roger Rabbit​
The Searchers​
Honey I Shrunk the Kids​
Alien​
Predator​
Raiders of the Lost Ark​
Alien​
Tarzan and His Mate​
Flight of the Navigator (change to Marvel)​
Casablanca
Star Wars​
Fantasia
Raiders of the Lost Ark​
The Wizard of Oz
Hocus Pocus​

The only one I'd change is to make "Flight of the Navigator" into a Marvel area. Since Marvel is a much bigger, more Marketable Franchise, which unlike in Disney World can actually be used in Hawaii.

Plus it would connect much better with the overall theme of the park.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

disney plus 3.png

disney plus 4.png

descendants.png

To really separate itself from Disneyland Hawaii, I think that the 2nd park should be made up of mostly IP’s that Disney has bought in the 21st century and are sections on their streaming service Disney+. The areas it would include are themed to Disney, Pixar, Lucasfilm, Marvel, 20th Century Fox and the Muppets.

showtime.png

I'm thinking it would be pretty to cool have a Hollywood main street which looks like old theatres. They would be side by side like the usual Disney main street. With the corresponding stores and such being named for certain Film Terms.

• Intermission's Snack Bar
  • Blockbuster Bakery
  • Technicolor Treats
  • Cinéma Vérité
  • Film Reel
  • Mise-en-Scène

iconic-american-theater-marquees.jpg

image.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 646185
View attachment 646205

descendants.png

To really separate itself from Disneyland Hawaii, I think that the 2nd park should be made up of mostly IP’s that Disney has bought in the 21st century and are sections on their streaming service Disney+. The areas it would include are themed to Disney, Pixar, Lucasfilm, Marvel, 20th Century Fox and the Muppets.

showtime.png

I'm thinking it would be pretty to cool have a Hollywood main street which looks like old theatres. They would be side by side like the usual Disney main street. With the corresponding stores and such being named for certain Film Terms.

• Intermission's Snack Bar
  • Blockbuster Bakery
  • Technicolor Treats
  • Cinéma Vérité
  • Film Reel
  • Mise-en-Scène

View attachment 646135
View attachment 646136
View attachment 646134
I wonder what you will do with Roger Rabbit's Hollywood land for Disney Universe? Are you including the Proud Family attractions?

MickeyMouse10

I wonder what you will do with Roger Rabbit's Hollywood land for Disney Universe? Are you including the Proud Family attractions?

I'm thinking of giving Roger Rabbit a makeover. So he'll fit in perfectly into this park's version of Toontown. Everyone in this section will look like they are from the new Mickey cartoons.

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'm thinking of giving Roger Rabbit a makeover. So he'll fit in perfectly into this park's version of Toontown. Everyone in this section will look like they are from the new Mickey cartoons.
I hope the land will have some Roger Rabbit attractions such as Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin (different version then DL/TDL), Toontown Transit (simulator), Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy Ride and Toontown Tower Hotel.

MickeyMouse10

If a Roger Rabbit attraction have to be a simulator ride like Star Tours, I’m ready for this.

That sounds great, but I was thinking of going another route with it. Something that pays homage to the Disneyland version. I'm thinking a trackless ride system is the perfect fit for a Roger Rabbit attraction. It would be like Runaway Railway, but with Benny the Cab as the vehicles.

J4546

as much as i would love more disney parks, id also kinda like to conserve hawaii as much as possible, its a beautiful place but its def getting less and less so the more that gets built. But if they did id still be happy and visit!

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
That sounds great, but I was thinking of going another route with it. Something that pays homage to the Disneyland version. I'm thinking a trackless ride system is the perfect fit for a Roger Rabbit attraction. It would be like Runaway Railway, but with Benny the Cab as the vehicles.
Or you can do another Roger Rabbit attraction, Toontown Transit if you want it.

MickeyMouse10

indy 2.png

sf-fedora.png

indy 9.png

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
----- (magnetic ride, similar to pirates in shanghai
----- (A raft ride where you encounter savages and crazy cults. And even various creatures like tigers, snakes and rats.)

indy 10.png

Kali Ma Runaway Mine Cart
----- (rollercoaster, similar to big thunder mountain)
----- (More a akin to Big Thunder than it’s Paris brethren. The story revolves around The Temple of Doom and the crazy cult. Focusing on the children who work the mines. You must survive the elements in this attraction.)

indy 1.png

Indiana Jones and The Goddess of Death
----- (slot car, similar to indiana jones adventure)
----- (Travel inside the volcanic mountains being pursued by a cult of assassins. Mola Ram and his minions want to sacrifice Indy to their Gods. Mola Ram was a strong worshipper of the Hindu Goddess of Death, Kali, and was devoted to conquering the world and ruling it in her name. Thankfully you survive and Mola Ram falls into the water and is eaten by deadly crocs.)

indy 5.png

Jock Lindsey’s Fantastic Flights
----- (aerial carousel, similar to Dumbo)
----- (People thought it was weird when he got his own Hangar Bar. … Well now he gets his own attraction as well. Similar to other aerial rides, but with airplanes.)

indy 6.png
indy 7.png
indy 8.png

Restaurants

The Unlucky Monkey, Boulder Treats and Adventure Isle

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 647059

sf-fedora.png

View attachment 647054

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
----- (magnetic ride, similar to pirates in shanghai
----- (A raft ride where you encounter savages and crazy cults. And even various creatures like tigers, snakes and rats.)

View attachment 647051

Kali Ma Runaway Mine Cart
----- (rollercoaster, similar to big thunder mountain)
----- (More a akin to Big Thunder than it’s Paris brethren. The story revolves around The Temple of Doom and the crazy cult. Focusing on the children who work the mines. You must survive the elements in this attraction.)

View attachment 646878

Indiana Jones and The Goddess of Death
----- (slot car, similar to indiana jones adventure)
----- (Travel inside the volcanic mountains being pursued by a cult of assassins. Mola Ram and his minions want to sacrifice Indy to their Gods. Mola Ram was a strong worshipper of the Hindu Goddess of Death, Kali, and was devoted to conquering the world and ruling it in her name. Thankfully you survive and Mola Ram falls into the water and is eaten by deadly crocs.)

View attachment 646876

Jock Lindsey’s Fantastic Flights
----- (aerial carousel, similar to Dumbo)
----- (People thought it was weird when he got his own Hangar Bar. … Well now he gets his own attraction as well. Similar to other aerial rides, but with airplanes.)

View attachment 647055View attachment 647056View attachment 647057

Restaurants

The Unlucky Monkey, Boulder Treats and Adventure Isle
Here's my Roger Rabbit's Hollywood idea:

1) Toontown Transit (simulator)
2) Benny the Cab trackless dark ride
3) Toontown Tower Hotel (drop tower)
4) Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy Ride (thrill dark ride)
5) RollerCoaster Rabbit (roller coaster)

Restaurants: The Ink and Paint Club, Toontown Diner, Terminal Bar & Grill

MickeyMouse10

Here's my Roger Rabbit's Hollywood idea:

1) Toontown Transit (simulator)
2) Benny the Cab trackless dark ride
3) Toontown Tower Hotel (drop tower)
4) Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy Ride (thrill dark ride)
5) RollerCoaster Rabbit (roller coaster)

Restaurants: The Ink and Paint Club, Toontown Diner, Terminal Bar & Grill

You got some great ideas Dfan32. Maybe I'll use some of them in my version of Toontown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom