Ms. Marvel TV Series in the Works for Disney+

Jedijax719

I may be in the minority here but I was "meh" about this. It had a very "been there done that" feel to it. Maybe it was just to get the characters out of the way.

I really hope they get into mythology and Pakistani culture (maybe even going to Pakistan).

doctornick

Good first episode. I wonder if there is a big bad in this? It would actually be kinda cool just having it be about her finding her way and maybe just helping our with some run of the mill crimes. I doubt it - I think Marvel is contractually obligated to have a big CGI fight to end a movie/show - but I'd like the change of pace in terms of antagonist

Jedijax719

Good first episode. I wonder if there is a big bad in this? It would actually be kinda cool just having it be about her finding her way and maybe just helping our with some run of the mill crimes. I doubt it - I think Marvel is contractually obligated to have a big CGI fight to end a movie/show - but I'd like the change of pace in terms of antagonist
Whose picture did Kamala see in the box of grandma's items? Was that Kareem? If so, that's Red Dagger and will play a big role.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1654789989947.png

1654790027044.png

1654790112373.png

Ghost93

There will be a minor antagonist of sorts I'm sure. But the main point of the series is to develop Ms. Marvel's character before she makes her big screen debut in next year's "The Marvels."

Disney Irish

Premium Member
There will be a minor antagonist of sorts I'm sure. But the main point of the series is to develop Ms. Marvel's character before she makes her big screen debut in next year's "The Marvels."
Yep, think of this show like the "training montage" where she learns to use her powers before teaming up with Carol.

doctornick

I thought Ms. Marvel had the best first episode for a Marvel Disney Plus show.
I might be inclined to agree. I actually think all of the D+ Marvel shows have started off really strong (Hawkeye was imho the weakest but still okay) but it’s the middle episodes that have tended to slow down and become a bit of drudgery. Then they have a rushed overstuffed final. I’m hopeful for Ms Marvel to have a more episodic structure and better pacing but we’ll see.

Screamface

I find it interesting how varied peoples opinions are on the Marvel shows. I think I enjoyed Hawkeye the most out of any of them. I think Wanda was meh. Winter Soldier, Loki, Moon Knight all had good but ran out of steam and went meh.

Ms Marvel was good so far, but the zoomer humour gets eye rolling to me.

Ghost93

I find it interesting how varied peoples opinions are on the Marvel shows. I think I enjoyed Hawkeye the most out of any of them. I think Wanda was meh. Winter Soldier, Loki, Moon Knight all had good but ran out of steam and went meh.

I think all of the Marvel shows have been a lot more creative and experimental than the movies, which is why they are all divisive to an extent. People either loved or hated the sitcom aspect of WandaVision. People either loved or hated the goofy/Christmasy feel of Hawkeye. The psychological thriller mixed with Indiana Jones styled-adventure of Moon Knight was appealing to some people, but not others. You get the point.

While I don't think any of the Marvel shows have been perfect, I do think they take more risks than the movies do. Personally, I think WandaVision is the best thing to come out of the MCU.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

You need to TikTok more!

Wendy Pleakley

I just want to say, they're missing an opportunity by not looking at the AvengerCon scene in this show and putting it in the parks.

The Marvel Super Store in DCA or one of the many empty Epcot locations would be a perfect fit.

It couldn't cost that much to do and would be a great venue for photo ops and merch sales.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Okay, I just freakin' adore this show and I ❤️ Iman. She absolutely won me with
"Be My Baby" in this episode (though really, I thought she was fantastic from the first episode). So fun. So ridiculously real and authentic teen swooning.

And that boy she liked better turn out to be a good guy or I'm gonna be seriously annoyed. They were too cute together. Though yeah... we don't talk about Bruno... or to him, apparently. lol

If they can keep this up (always the problem with these series sticking the landing), this will far and away be my fave Marvel D+ series to date.

That said, I have the taste of a 14 year old girl. I own that. :D

Vegas Disney Fan

What a bizarre show, feels like the people behind high school musical decided to do a Marvel show.

I found last weeks episode pretty boring but the ending was intriguing enough to make me give it another shot (most D+ Marvel shows seem to start slow), unfortunately I found todays episode pretty boring also, and nearly turned it off a couple times, and then they hit us with a really intriguing ending again.

Guess I’ll give it another week.

I feel like this show is directed towards a younger audience with the teen drama feel but as a Marvel fan I really want to like it. Not much action so far though for a superhero show.

Jedijax719

Great episode! Back to back watching this and the latest Obi-Wan. Both moved their shows ahead a lot.

I wonder if they are going to have
Kamran work for Lineage (supervillain Inhuman) or Kaboom
. No I am not an MCU supergeek. I had to look it up lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom