News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I would have rather the Tron money be spent on several new Fantasyland-style dark rides (and not necessarily all placed in Fantasyland). Other Disneylands have more and they add a lot to the park without creating a big draw or huge lines.
I truly don't know if today's Disney and WDI is capable of doing those anymore, at least not without a large plot of land and $300 million to spend. Look at DL's FL - An incredibly efficient use of space. That won't happen in the swamps.

Patcheslee

I would have rather the Tron money be spent on several new Fantasyland-style dark rides (and not necessarily all placed in Fantasyland). Other Disneylands have more and they add a lot to the park without creating a big draw or huge lines.

But, Tron will be fun, I'm sure. Maybe not worth the headache to ride, though. By most accounts, it seems Cosmic Rewind is a better coaster with higher capacity in a park with fewer guests (and, therefore, far easier to secure a BG or ILL for). Tron will be a challenge to ride, I imagine. At least it has a high (for Disney) height requirement.
I'll say DD13 is a coaster nut, but the ride vehicle style (half laying down) has her kinda nervous. So it will push comfort levels for some people. It'll be interesting so see.

SplashJacket

I'll say DD13 is a coaster nut, but the ride vehicle style (half laying down) has her kinda nervous. So it will push comfort levels for some people. It'll be interesting so see.
I will say, the ride vehicle, along with the canopy, are the best parts.

If you’ve ever ridden Hagrids, you know the bike seat is (generally considered by most people) better than the side-car. But Tron has that bike style seating (but better) for every single seat.

And I may be wrong, but I believe the back has normal seated seats.

Patcheslee

If you’ve ever ridden Hagrids, you know the bike seat is (generally considered by most people) better than the side-car. But Tron has that bike style seating (but better) for every single seat.

She's more concerned about someone looking at her butt because of position lol. Eh mind of a teen girl I guess. To be fair her dad has a Harley, so there might be some preference to motorcycle seat style. We've ridden Hagrids with no issues.

yensidtlaw1969

We'll have to have some sort of ceremony next month to celebrate.

Do you think boutique cupcakes will suffice?
Behold, the wonders of Google!:

1654799115213.png

J4546

i cant wait till this opens, ill prob never visit shanghai disneyland, so getting this ride in US is a win to me. I think it will jumpstart a new look for tomorrowland (hopefully speedway is next for refurb) and it brings a ton of energy to what used to be nothing.

Also I must admit I love the original Tron movie so i am biased towards the ip

Rich Brownn

Hagrids is basically a seat, but open or enclosed. TRON is a true motorcycle-style coaster. The way you sit is not similar. FOP is closer to TRON than Hagrid.

tparris

Just went on the Speedway and it looks like they’ve just installed one of the hexagonal led light bars on the underside of the canopy and it almost looked as if they were turned on. Speaking of which, they also were testing a few of the main canopy lights around that section, those were definitely illuminated. It’s still light outside so you couldn’t quite see it on camera, but if they’re still on when it gets dark I’ll try to get a few shots of it.
0EF44DAE-EA7C-49C2-8CDF-95937B41C2AD.jpeg
0439AC61-8569-4CF8-8F44-8AF1C203F24E.jpeg

yensidtlaw1969

Again, whilst I love Tron....whyyyy is this a thing in 2022?
I have basically no problem, in the abstract, with Disney building a TRON ride in 2022. The property has brilliant potential for an amazing ride experience, and I'd be happy to see Disney capitalize on that regardless of - and nearly despite - when the movie came out.

My problem, in actuality, is that 1) They basically aren't doing that, because the TRON ride we're getting doesn't go far enough to really make good on the potenial of that movie, and 2) That they're only building a TRON ride in 2022 because they didn't finish building it in 2019 like they should have. Pandemic aside, the construction timeline on this attraction was always set to be out of whack.

Dear Prudence

I have basically no problem, in the abstract, with Disney building a TRON ride in 2022. The property has brilliant potential for an amazing ride experience, and I'd be happy to see Disney capitalize on that regardless of - and nearly despite - when the movie came out.

My problem, in actuality, is that 1) They basically aren't doing that, because the TRON ride we're getting doesn't go far enough to really make good on the potenial of that movie, and 2) That they're only building a TRON ride in 2022 because they didn't finish building it in 2019 like they should have. Pandemic aside, the construction timeline on this attraction was always set to be out of whack.
And it's a clone of the same attraction somewhere else :(

SpectroMan93

I wouldnt say it being a clone is a bad thing. Its likely Ill never go to shanghai park so gettiing to experience this in a park I will go to is a win to me
It’s a smart move on Disney’s part. Clone a ride with high guest satisfaction ratings from a park that relatively few tourists outside of China are likely to visit, and vice versa. No guests are cannibalized from either park and a great attraction is able to be experienced by more people.

Tbh, I wouldn’t be mad if Shanghai’s POTC was cloned at MK too 😬

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom