Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

We didn't hear much coughing during our two weeks in Orlando, aside from a guy who fell asleep on a bus back from Disney Springs who woke himself up by choking on his own saliva.

However, it turns out that my wife did catch Covid in WDW! On our last day she said that she was feeling a bit rough with a stinking headache and a scratchy throat. The cast members at the Barcelona Lounge at CSR thankfully helped ease that with some honey and lemon to add to a tea. Land back in the UK next day, and she tests positive. 4 days later, I also tested positive. Thankfully our symptoms have been mostly mild - the congestion, headache and loss of taste/smell have been the worst and most annoying. She's been negative for almost a week now, whilst I'm on my 8th day of positivity.

But yeah, the one souvenir we didn't want to bring back managed to get picked up by my other half and passed onto myself!
Sorry to hear that. We leave tomorrow and will see what we get. Our friend is doing better with some sudafed (again doc checked them out before leaving so just ear infection). I figure we've either had it at some point masked by allergies (far too many local friends had allergies that tested positive) or we'll get it. Not much in between and with us being maskless for months it is what it is.

James J

In the Parks
No
Sorry to hear that. We leave tomorrow and will see what we get. Our friend is doing better with some sudafed (again doc checked them out before leaving so just ear infection). I figure we've either had it at some point masked by allergies (far too many local friends had allergies that tested positive) or we'll get it. Not much in between and with us being maskless for months it is what it is.
Yeah agreed, and as both of us suffer with allergies we initially thought it was that as she hadn't taken any meds for a couple of days. After two and a half years though we figured that if we were going to catch it anywhere, our luck would be that it'd be at WDW as we seem to have a bit of a streak going where something happens! Just glad that it was right at the end of our trip and not the beginning.

correcaminos

Yeah agreed, and as both of us suffer with allergies we initially thought it was that as she hadn't taken any meds for a couple of days. After two and a half years though we figured that if we were going to catch it anywhere, our luck would be that it'd be at WDW as we seem to have a bit of a streak going where something happens! Just glad that it was right at the end of our trip and not the beginning.
I hear you on that! I have tested through allergy stuff and negative but too many friends have said they only tested positive a couple days. So unsure if I missed it a few weeks ago or not. My kid was even in Washington DC a couple weeks ago where cases were way higher than here or at home. It will happen or it won't. Allergies here for me are rough with F&GF so I can see how one could miss it. No loss of smell. In fact quite heightened still but I know very few recently who lost that sense with covid recently. Just congestion or sore throats. Most thought it was allergies.

JoeCamel

We didn't hear much coughing during our two weeks in Orlando, aside from a guy who fell asleep on a bus back from Disney Springs who woke himself up by choking on his own saliva.

However, it turns out that my wife did catch Covid in WDW! On our last day she said that she was feeling a bit rough with a stinking headache and a scratchy throat. The cast members at the Barcelona Lounge at CSR thankfully helped ease that with some honey and lemon to add to a tea. Land back in the UK next day, and she tests positive. 4 days later, I also tested positive. Thankfully our symptoms have been mostly mild - the congestion, headache and loss of taste/smell have been the worst and most annoying. She's been negative for almost a week now, whilst I'm on my 8th day of positivity.

But yeah, the one souvenir we didn't want to bring back managed to get picked up by my other half and passed onto myself!
I think I might say that last bit in my mind only

maemae74

Three time COVID winner here and those were my exact symptoms. Each time I figured it was allergies and was only tested because my work had tons of test and I was trying prove that I didn't have it. Like you I was better in a few days.

DCBaker

Premium Member

Editing to add article from the AP -

"The Biden administration is lifting its requirement that international air travelers to the U.S. take a COVID-19 test within a day before boarding their flights, easing one of the last remaining government mandates meant to contain the spread of the coronavirus.

A senior administration official said the mandate expires Sunday at 12:01 a.m. ET, saying the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has determined that it’s no longer necessary. The official, speaking Friday on the condition of anonymity to preview the formal announcement, said that the agency would reevaluate the need for the testing requirement every 90 days and that it could be reinstated if a troubling new variant emerges"

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

"The Biden administration is lifting its requirement that international air travelers to the U.S. take a COVID-19 test within a day before boarding their flights, easing one of the last remaining government mandates meant to contain the spread of the coronavirus.

A senior administration official said the mandate expires Sunday at 12:01 a.m. ET, saying the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has determined that it’s no longer necessary. The official, speaking Friday on the condition of anonymity to preview the formal announcement, said that the agency would reevaluate the need for the testing requirement every 90 days and that it could be reinstated if a troubling new variant emerges"

Thank GOD! We are going to DLP (and other parts of Europe) in August and getting stranded there was a huge concern.

This is great news for international travelers coming to WDW, as well. No one likes that stress.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Makes sense. Really wasn't serving a purpose at this point.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
OK... So...

When leaving or entering the U.S., a test isn't required. Cool.

What about other countries? Are they still requiring a test upon entry or when boarding a plane to leave?

What keeps me from considering a transnational vacation is testing positive upon entry of a foreign country or before leaving and then being forced into quarantine for 5-14 days in another country. (Sorry, don't have the time to look it all up right now, so, thanks if you know offhand.)

ToTBellHop

OK... So...

When leaving or entering the U.S., a test isn't required. Cool.

What about other countries? Are they still requiring a test upon entry or when boarding a plane to leave?

What keeps me from considering a transnational vacation is testing positive upon entry of a foreign country or before leaving and then being forced into quarantine for 5-14 days in another country. (Sorry, don't have the time to look it all up right now, so, thanks if you know offhand.)
Depends on the country. As of Sunday, you can go to most of Europe and return without testing. Unless you want to include a Med cruise.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I think for many places now your are not forced to quarantine if you happen to test positive. Basically, you just have to wait until you test negative.

ToTBellHop

Imagine reading today’s news as an international reader who can now, finally, book a stress-free vacation to experience all of the amazing things they’ve been reading about here as the World’s Most Magical Celebration shimmers on! The Spaniards are most excited for Velocicoaster and the Moroccans can’t wait to see the Ignite 360 fireworks spectacular! Never been a better time to visit Walt Disney World!
1654876952288.jpeg

Heelz2315

After thinking on it that makes the idea of masks on a plane coming back seem almost non existent at least for the near future

TehPuddingMan

Well it looks like the vid finally got me. Two weeks ago I took a trip to Wisconsin. Upon returning, I felt like my allergies were acting up more than normal. The morning before I was to return to my office, I took a quick test and sure enough it came back positive. Honestly, if it wasn’t for traveling, I probably wouldn’t have tested myself.

Symptoms were minor allergy/cold symptoms and were completely gone within a day and a half.

Multiple trips to Disney within the past two years - no Covid.

One weekend trip to Milwaukee - Covid.

DisneyCane

Well it looks like the vid finally got me. Two weeks ago I took a trip to Wisconsin. Upon returning, I felt like my allergies were acting up more than normal. The morning before I was to return to my office, I took a quick test and sure enough it came back positive. Honestly, if it wasn’t for traveling, I probably wouldn’t have tested myself.

Symptoms were minor allergy/cold symptoms and were completely gone within a day and a half.

Did you at least get some good beer or cheese while there in addition to COVID?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Ahh...feel better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom