World Class Customer Service

denyuntilcaught

Disagree entirely. This should be an immediate termination level offense. No ifs, ands, or buts. As I said, unless someone is carrying something that is *directly* posing a danger, such as a weapon, you do not mess with someone's personal property. Ever. For any reason. Period.
Actually I have a few: IF the guests were some place they were already told they shouldn't have been (which they were) AND they proceeded to ignore the rules, then proper action was taken. Was taking the ring a bit dramatic, yes, BUT it wasn't stolen (taking something and immediately giving it back isn't stealing - more equivalent to snatching if anything) AND so therefore someone's livelihood shouldn't be ruined because a couple of entitled egomaniacs thought they were above the rules that were already made clear to them.

No if, ands, or buts.

FigmentForever96

Actually I have a few: IF the guests were some place they were already told they shouldn't have been (which they were) AND they proceeded to ignore the rules, then proper action was taken. Was taking the ring a bit dramatic, yes, BUT it wasn't stolen (taking something and immediately giving it back isn't stealing - more equivalent to snatching if anything) AND so therefore someone's livelihood shouldn't be ruined because a couple of entitled egomaniacs thought they were above the rules that were already made clear to them.

No if, ands, or buts.
Louder for those in the back please

Tom P.

No if, ands, or buts.
Still disagree entirely. You never take someone's property, even briefly, unless the property itself is the item causing the danger. Doesn't matter how many different conditions you add to the list. Never.

cranbiz

I told a guest who called me out of my name to “have a magical day” once.
I used it on a guest going to SSR from MK who held up my bus for over 5 minutes because she wouldn't fold the stroller because her child was sleeping
She might have taken offense to my advising her that she could fold the stroller with or without her child in it but to ride my bus, she needed to fold the stroller. Funny thing though, when she insisted to speak to a manager, she told her the exact same thing I did. I really liked that manager.

Californian Elitist

I used it on a guest going to SSR from MK who held up my bus for over 5 minutes because she wouldn't fold the stroller because her child was sleeping
She might have taken offense to my advising her that she could fold the stroller with or without her child in it but to ride my bus, she needed to fold the stroller. Funny thing though, when she insisted to speak to a manager, she told her the exact same thing I did. I really liked that manager.
56C3EDFB-F046-4012-AC27-388E2A5DB586.jpeg

Seriously, guests try your patience. How hard is it to remove your child from the stroller and fold the stroller before getting on the bus? Why give lip?

Sir_Cliff

I think Disney was wrong to apologise to the couple. I feel it was either staged or they knew it was an area they weren’t allowed in and the CM was just doing their job
I hate that they have to apologize to people who were clearly breaking the rules.
This was my response to the whole story, except I don't understand why anyone thinks it was staged. I really don't think DLP should have apologised and initially assumed they would be happy there was a video out there attracting lots of views that discouraged people from breaking the rules and going into off-limits areas as the most likely result would be that their proposal would be completely ruined.

Honestly stunned some people think the CM should have waited for the proposal to happen then quietly ushered them off the stage. Beyond any imminent safety issues, that is a recipe for encouraging other people to attempt the same thing as they know the CMs will just sit back and let them have their 'special moment' before ushering them off to a cheering crowd below. They'd have to put barbed wire fences around those stages to stop people trying the same thing multiple times a day! Not sure of the rights and wrongs of literally snatching the ring, but, short of that and letting the proposal take place, what was he going to do? Stand between them? I think that would have been worse all around and, honestly, I think the CM handled this very well.

I know everyone's proposal is very important to them, but I think people need to be a little more cognisant that the world doesn't revolve around the milestones in their own lives.

cranbiz

View attachment 644385

Seriously, guests try your patience. How hard is it to remove your child from the stroller and fold the stroller before getting on the bus? Why give lip?
It's not hard. It's just that some people are special.

Look, I know one spends a lot of money to be there and DVC guests spent more than most but the rules are there for a reason. Don't give a CM crap because it isn't convenient for you.

Californian Elitist

It's not hard. It's just that some people are special.

Look, I know one spends a lot of money to be there and DVC guests spent more than most but the rules are there for a reason. Don't give a CM crap because it isn't convenient for you.
And that’s the thing. I don’t care how much money guests spend. It doesn’t give them the right to be rude, disrespectful, or insubordinate. Then they get all shocked when you don’t take any of their mess.

I really couldn’t stand the ones that did something you directly told them not to do anyway.

celluloid

Agree to disagree. :)

I can’t and won’t judge the CM.
You don't have to. The company already.admitted.it was poorly handled.

If you can't judge, then don't so strongly defend.

You can't disagree with facts without looking silly. In the video he left them up there and waited for them hoping they would take him taking their property to follow them. There is no immediate danger threat training from professionals that would recommend this.(And truthfully, these people were doing a no no, not in any immediate danger. It has become clear to me how many people also think they understand how pyrotechnitions work or must think they don't work)

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

You don't have to. The company already.admitted.it was poorly handled.

If you can't judge, than don't so strongly defend.

You can't disagree with facts without looking silly. In the video he left them up there and waited for them hoping they would take him taking their property to follow them. There is no immediate danger threat training from professionals that would recommend this.
I personally don’t care what the company stated.🤷🏾‍♀️

Guess I’m a clown then.🤡

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom