News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
It just feels like it would be odd to not be able to return directly to the land the attraction is in and to instead get forced into the completely unrelated area of the park after unloading from TRON.
Guess it depends on what they are doing with the Tomorrowland Arcade. If that is converted into a de facto Tron Store, they'll certainly want everyone who's just ridden Tron to get through that gift shop as quickly as possible. If that's the case, they either divide the path by Space Mountain and have the side to the left of the arcade be entrance only and through the arcade be exit only, or the make the entrance to Tron (temporarily) through Storybook Circus (in which case they'd likely have cast stationed all the way at the main hub entrance of Tomorrowland with signs directing people on where to go for Tron.

gerarar

Premium Member
1654619977220.png

1654619999030.png

Source and more pics:

GCTales

Will the renovations include a good power washing of the mildew off?
Mildew?
WHY, THAT IS CAREFULLY CRAFTED AND IMAGINEERED THEMING YOU ARE TALKINING ABOUT!! THEY PLUSSED THE AMBIANCE!!

Darth Chappie would never tolerate something as plebian as mere mildew on his empire, errr... I mean theme park.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I am sure this has been asked and answered a million time but what is the opening estimation time frame?

I've heard October 2022 passed around a bunch (not sure if that is still accurate). Also possible that it may be ready by October, but they could delay opening to early 2023.

G00fyDad

Why would you want it delayed?
Every single time they have a brand new rode opens the parks are flooded with people. If this ride is delayed then there's just that many more people that may hold off on a trip until it opens. I have no desire to ride this thing. For all I care it can wait until 2024.

I know it's an unpopular opinion but I just really hope that they hold off.

ToTBellHop

Every single time they have a brand new rode opens the parks are flooded with people. If this ride is delayed then there's just that many more people that may hold off on a trip until it opens. I have no desire to ride this thing. For all I care it can wait until 2024.

I know it's an unpopular opinion but I just really hope that they hold off.
Are people surging to Epcot to ride GotG? Wait times seem to have fallen, if anything. As usual going into Mustafar-but-with-Rain season.

Fall will be mobbed regardless.

SplashJacket

As someone who hasn't ridden Guardians but has ridden Tron, it sounds like, from reviews, that Epcot finally has a "knock your socks off" headliner attraction, but I can assure you, Tron won't deliver that when it comes to Magic Kingdom, and that's a shame.

Each park has a modern headliner (from my point of view)
  • Flight of Passage (Animal Kingdom)
  • Rise of the Resistance (Hollywood Studios)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind (Epcot)
But Magic Kingdom doesn't. I realize Magic Kingdom doesn't need more draws, but I feel that each Disney park around the world needs one showstopper attraction that makes people think "wow, that alone made this whole trip worth it."

Tron is a solid ride, but far from a headliner. Would I take it over, Everest? Probably not.

TheMaxRebo

As someone who hasn't ridden Guardians but has ridden Tron, it sounds like, from reviews, that Epcot finally has a "knock your socks off" headliner attraction, but I can assure you, Tron won't deliver that when it comes to Magic Kingdom, and that's a shame.

Each park has a modern headliner (from my point of view)
  • Flight of Passage (Animal Kingdom)
  • Rise of the Resistance (Hollywood Studios)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind (Epcot)
But Magic Kingdom doesn't. I realize Magic Kingdom doesn't need more draws, but I feel that each Disney park around the world needs one showstopper attraction that makes people think "wow, that alone made this whole trip worth it."

Tron is a solid ride, but far from a headliner. Would I take it over, Everest? Probably not.

MK still has 7DMT which is a very in demand ride and relatively new. And Tron will counter/balance that well, plus add more kinetic energy to the parks, etc

I get you point that it, on its own, is probably not to the level of those other three, but MK didn't really need that ... I could argue it doesn't even need Tron and it would still be better to put Tron in a different park

ToTBellHop

MK still has 7DMT which is a very in demand ride and relatively new. And Tron will counter/balance that well, plus add more kinetic energy to the parks, etc

I get you point that it, on its own, is probably not to the level of those other three, but MK didn't really need that ... I could argue it doesn't even need Tron and it would still be better to put Tron in a different park
I would have rather the Tron money be spent on several new Fantasyland-style dark rides (and not necessarily all placed in Fantasyland). Other Disneylands have more and they add a lot to the park without creating a big draw or huge lines.

But, Tron will be fun, I'm sure. Maybe not worth the headache to ride, though. By most accounts, it seems Cosmic Rewind is a better coaster with higher capacity in a park with fewer guests (and, therefore, far easier to secure a BG or ILL for). Tron will be a challenge to ride, I imagine. At least it has a high (for Disney) height requirement.

TheMaxRebo

I would have rather the Tron money be spent on several new Fantasyland-style dark rides (and not necessarily all placed in Fantasyland). Other Disneylands have more and they add a lot to the park without creating a big draw or huge lines.

But, Tron will be fun, I'm sure. Maybe not worth the headache to ride, though. By most accounts, it seems Cosmic Rewind is a better coaster with higher capacity in a park with fewer guests (and, therefore, far easier to secure a BG or ILL for). Tron will be a challenge to ride, I imagine. At least it has a high (for Disney) height requirement.

Definitely don't disagree with that. I do think Tomorrowland needed help but would rather see them update Buzz and replace Stitch with the $. I do think Tron will add a lot at night to Tomorrowland so I am not mad about Tron but wasn't the thing MK most needed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom