Massive Jungle Cruise Wait Times

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I personally don't bother with G+ or LL but I have overheard nothing but complaints from other guests since it's inception. It's very confusing, stressful, and the biggest complaint is that people are spending more time on their phones than enjoying the parks.
I was on a bus to Animal Kingdom early because the park opens at 7am for resort guests a few times this week and we literally had people standing on the bus on their phones in one hand and holding on with the other scrambling to book something at 7. Made me wonder how many driving to the parks had a phone in one hand doing that too. Great design

yensidtlaw1969

Our Covid era trips (Sept 2020 and May 2021) were glorious. Lines MOVED. it felt like a throwback to the wonderful trips of my youth (Early to mid 90’s)
Truthfully, I've sort of wondered if there aren't people who went to WDW in mid/late 2020 who either won't come back or won't enjoy their next trip - I ended up there for a few days that August, and while the parks were definitely missing things there was also an ease and breathing room (literally) unlike anything I've experienced at WDW in nearly 20 years. For all the concerns, it was refreshing in a way I couldn't have expected and have a hard time imagining we'll see again.

The one trip I've made since was a complete 180 in terms of stress, crowds, and vacation management, and that feels much more representative of what to expect in the future. Which would have been bad enough if I hadn't had such a simple, relaxing, and fun trip just a year before, but the contrast was pretty sobering.

EPCOT-O.G.

Truthfully, I've sort of wondered if there aren't people who went to WDW in mid/late 2020 who either won't come back or won't enjoy their next trip - I ended up there for a few days that August, and while the parks were definitely missing things there was also an ease and breathing room (literally) unlike anything I've experienced at WDW in nearly 20 years. For all the concerns, it was refreshing in a way I couldn't have expected and have a hard time imagining we'll see again.

The one trip I've made since was a complete 180 in terms of stress, crowds, and vacation management, and that feels much more representative of what to expect in the future. Which would have been bad enough if I hadn't had such a simple, relaxing, and fun trip just a year before, but the contrast was pretty sobering.
Only thing that comes close is the after parties in terms of crowds. We’ve done Very Merriest in mid Nov and Villains in DCA this March and the wait times were very low

mikejs78

Premium Member
Yes, but the DAS folks may disagree. As Will some well-heeled types that don’t want to wait with the riff-raft.

But I agree. Our Covid era trips (Sept 2020 and May 2021) were glorious. Lines MOVED. it felt like a throwback to the wonderful trips of my youth (Early to mid 90’s)

You do realize that this was because crowds were low in 2020-2021. They are high now.

Aurorafan

Even figment and Three Cabs in Mexico had long wait times because many people won’t stand in 2hr long queue lines for other rides that are so screwed up by Genie+ and what else is their to do.

Soarin Lightning Lane was literally over 30 minutes. LIGHTNING LANE!

Disney needs more attractions
Better fastpass systems
and new management

I have never experienced Disney like this before and frankly it’s not an experience I look forward to doing again anytime soon after this trip. I am zig zagging all over the parks which can’t be good for crowd control. I can’t explain how bad this is compared to the previous system (which wasn’t perfect either but at least enabled some sort of planning with less day of insanity and stress).

Disney is hurting themselves and Universal may honestly benefit some from it
I went the first week of May which I think is a sweet spot when it comes to crowds. I used G+ pretty successfully. But even the lines I waited in were not bad - caught Remy at 35min. I was worried because the reports before that were similar to yours but I had a great time.

Casper Gutman

Not to be glib about a moment of global tragedy, but going to a Disney park in 2021 was like stepping back to the good old days. I was lucky enough to visit in the small window between the end of boarding groups and the rise of Genie, and I literally WALKED ONTO RotR several times and could have kept doing so. I took more days from Universal to go to Disney parks then I have in over a decade just because the crowds felt like the 90s again. It was glorious.

lentesta

Premium Member
LL is nothing more than a paid Standby. You still wait. Honestly, are we even sure it's faster?

Hey @lentesta
Do we have any comparison data between Dis before Genie+ and Dis after Genie+ to see if this LL nonsense is actually a net positive for the guest experience and not just a net positive for Disney's coffers? It'd be a complete failure if a traditional standby line leads to quicker boarding.
I’ll check. There were fewer people same time in 2021, but let’s see what we see.

It may be downtime across the park.

JoeCamel

I can almost guarantee they are not operating the amount of boats and skipper operations as 2019.
Just like half capacity Tower of terror and swirling saucers and other low operations around the 4 parks.
Yeah, Sam keeps trading them for trinkets......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom