Pre-Trip Mixtape - A July 2022 Trip

I'm happy and excited to report that the Fractal family, at least parts of it will be going back to Walt Disney World this July!

Like our 2017 trip, this one will be a joint family trip with my sister Marina and yes, Yia-Yia will be joining us and she is counting the days she can ride Flight of Passage again. We are doing it again!

Marina will be with her entire family this time but as for me there will be some subtractions and an addition. My daughter Alex is doing a traveling nurse stint in New Mexico and unfortunately her plans to join us with her girlfriend Emily just didn't work out.
Val has decided to travel to New Mexico instead of Disney to visit Alex so Val will not be with us. My crew will consist of myself, Toni, and Sterg.

Toni and Yia-Yia

PXL_20220101_220316335.PORTRAIT-X2.jpg

Val, Sterg and I...

DSC09891-X3.jpg

Val is absolutely devastated that she is missing this trip...not really but deep, deep down I think there is a small part of her that is bummed. :rolleyes:

We'll certainly miss her!

DSC09879-X2.jpg

I will also miss Alex and Emily who we've gotten to know more. Emily spent a couple days in Disney last year and was immediately hooked. She's very bummed not to be coming along but there's always a next time!

Here they are front row.

PXL_20220426_234740685-X3.jpg

We are planning to Arrive July 15th and depart the 20th. There is a lot of planning yet to do!

Back with more!

Last edited:

LisaBelle

Super excited for another Fractal TR!
We will be there July 11-19. Not sure if any of our park reservations match up. Here are our plans for the dates you’ll be there.
July 15 Epcot all day
July 16 Hollywood Studios to begin. May park hop in the afternoon or evening.
July 17 Epcot to begin. May park hop in the afternoon or evening.
July 18 MK all day
Let me know so I can keep an eye out for you and the family if any of our parks match up!

fractal

Original Poster
Super excited for another Fractal TR!
We will be there July 11-19. Not sure if any of our park reservations match up. Here are our plans for the dates you’ll be there.
July 15 Epcot all day
July 16 Hollywood Studios to begin. May park hop in the afternoon or evening.
July 17 Epcot to begin. May park hop in the afternoon or evening.
July 18 MK all day
Let me know so I can keep an eye out for you and the family if any of our parks match up!
Yes! Let's definitely plan to meet up at some point!

fractal

Original Poster
lol, my you have been busy.

Glad you are recovering and yep I feel your pain. remind me to one day regale you with the torn meniscus and knee surgery after accepting a "double dutch" jump roping contest. note to self, what you did at 15 doesn't work so well at 55. :D

Happy Belated Easter, coincidently one of the first photography course I ever took, the teacher took us around Philadelphia to photograph various churches and one of the most beautiful was a Christian orthodox church in south Philadelphia called assumption of the holy virgin. absolutely beautiful.

lol, go Toni!! waitressing at Bethany ain't a bad way to spend the summer. We usually hang a little further north at Rehobeth but outside of Disney, the beach is my happy place

Thanks for checking in!

Thanks @eliza61nyc ! I did the torn meniscus a few years back - no fun! I've been to St George Cathedral in Philly but not Assumption. I'll have to check it out!

Toni is having fun at the beach - Rehoboth is one of our favorite spots!

Sounds like you've been as busy as I have lately! Hopefully, you'll have time to slow down and relax soon!! Glad your arm is doing better!

Still crazy but slowing down. Thanks @TheMouseFan ! Looks like things are anything but boring in your world.

The torn bicep sounds rough. I'm glad you are healing!

Thanks @ajrwdwgirl !

WOW! I need to stop complaining about how busy i am! Glad you are doing better and happy the family is doing good.

Thanks @Zipitidoda ! Hope you're enjoying Boston.

Yay!!! We've got @fractal jr on here!! This is going to be fun - and welcome to Florida living!

Sterg may be busier than I am right now!

Oh it’s great to see Sterg on here. So lucky to be living in Florida. Pleased to hear you are healing well from your injury.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind swapping locations with him! Thanks @Wicked Sisters !

You certainly have been busy as of late and glad your recovery from the surgery went well. Glad to see your family is doing so well.

Thank you @lindawdw !

Sorry about the wing... At least you have another hand to hold the beer...

Love your optimism @Billy6 !

fractal

Original Poster
Oh my goodness, what a busy and happy family! Sounds like everyone is ready for a wonderful summer, weather they will be in the World, or not. I’m looking forward to your trip report!
Thanks @slipperalwaysfits !

Oh my word. My son just graduated from Lynn. I stayed at the Sonesta right there multiple times. Where are you living? And have you eaten at Charm City burgers, Aunt Lu Lus or V and S deli yet???
👍👍👍

Apparently V&S was hit by Sterg which is funny because we have a few (unrelated) V&S sandwich shops in our area.

fractal

Original Poster
A quick update.

Airline tickets for Toni and I have been purchased. Leaving Friday the 15th around 7am and taking the last flight out of Orlando 10:30 pm on the 20th of July. All direct flights on Southwest out of Baltimore around $350 each roundtrip. Not as cheap as the July 2020 flights ($70 roundtrip Pandemic pricing) but not too much pain all things considered. I've certainly paid more. Yia-Yia is flying down with my sister on the 16th but flying home with me on the 20th.

Also purchased my Park tickets; Park Hopper but no Genie +. Still studying whether I want Genie + or not and I can always add later. We will definitely be utilizing Lightning Lane for Guardians of the Galaxy, Rise of the Resistance, and Avatar. Haven't made Park reservations yet as I need to coordinate with Marina. Toni wants to go to AK first day.

In addition to @LisaBelle , @1DisneyDad will also be in the World during my stay so my hope for meetups has improved substantially over the last couple days!

Last edited:

LisaBelle

A quick update.

Airline tickets for Toni and I have been purchased. Leaving Friday the 15th around 7am and taking the last flight out of Orlando 10:30 pm on the 20th of July. All direct flights on Southwest out of Baltimore around $350 each roundtrip. Not as cheap as the July 2020 flights ($70 roundtrip Pandemic pricing) but not too much pain all things considered. I've certainly paid more. Yia-Yia is flying down with my sister on the 16th but flying home with me on the 20th.

Also purchased my Park tickets; Park Hopper but no Genie +. Still studying whether I want Genie + or not and I can always add later. We will definitely be utilizing Lightning Lane for Guardians of the Galaxy, Rise of the Resistance, and Avatar. Haven't made Park reservations yet as I need to coordinate with Marina. Toni wants to go to AK first day.

In addition to @LisaBelle , @1DisneyDad will also be in the World during my stay so my hope for meetups has improved substantially over the last couple days!
Keep me posted once you make your park reservations!

Spash007

A quick update.

Did you see the Southwest deals they are offering between now and Thursday for summer fares? It’s not all flights, but there’s some deals from BWI so great I’m tempted to drive from NJ

fractal

Original Poster
Keep me posted once you make your park reservations!
Will do!

Always excited to see a Fractal family trip report!

We head to Rehoboth this weekend for our annual beach vacation! Been going since we were little kids!

Enjoy Rehoboth! Love it there.

Did you see the Southwest deals they are offering between now and Thursday for summer fares? It’s not all flights, but there’s some deals from BWI so great I’m tempted to drive from NJ

Just checked - no big change for my dates. BWI is so much nicer to fly out of than Philly.

fractal

Original Poster
So far our planning is a bit clunky.

We really have two groups - My sister's group of 6 which includes Yia-Yia (my Mom) and my group of 3 (Sterg, Toni and myself) .

Friday was easy - we start at AK then will hop to EPCOT with hopes of getting on Guardians. BTW - Space 220 seems impossible to book. In fact a number of the restaurants are a challenge, especially anytime near 5 or 6.
No dinner plans for Friday - we will likely do QS somewhere.

Saturday Team Marina arrives a. We start at MK with a 2:30 reservation at Skipper's Canteen. But no table for 10 so we had to book 2 tables separately. I think we'll end up hopping to HS later.

Sunday we start at AK then have dinner reservations at Via Napoli 7:45. Again 2 tables.

Currently working on Monday the 18th.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom