Hour long wait to get through TTC security today - May 23

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
- understaffed since fall ‘20
- refuse to give raises to bring back fired staff
- security is not a profit driver
- no other “heightened measures” obvious elsewhere, nor an increased overall presence suggesting vague/specific WDW targets
- no leaks in recent days

Occam’s razor suggests a sick call in or two put them in a pinch when they’re already working on a reduced / understaffed work force as is.
And as we know…Occam and Murphy have a 99.9999% success rate

TrainsOfDisney

I hope that any changes are being communicated clearly and professionally. It always annoys me when Disney Security barks orders when it’s not clear what we are supposed to do.

Ideally, signage should be placed in multiple languages that explains the process (what items should be taken out of bags / pockets and what to do with them etc.)

Patcheslee

I hope that any changes are being communicated clearly and professionally. It always annoys me when Disney Security barks orders when it’s not clear what we are supposed to do.

Ideally, signage should be placed in multiple languages that explains the process (what items should be taken out of bags / pockets and what to do with them etc.)
I've had this problem at many places. Only having 30% hearing in left ear, it is more difficult when no signs are around. I complained to MCO in 2017 for the same thing when they decided to have us remove food items before TSA had established the rule.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well, if someone reminded Bob/Josh/Jeff that people waiting outside for the security check aren't inside spending money, I'm sure they'd reconsider.

Simple fix - Have CM's push a cart along the line, offering up soda, water, and assorted trinkets for sale. Maybe some pre-packaged popcorn, too.

castlecake2.0

Kenny the pirate and blogmickey have both posted that new changes are coming.

KTP said they are having people pull out bottles snd cans now.
There’s a Facebook group that has been quite proud about how easy it is for them to get alcohol in the park, figured it was only a matter of time before a crack down came on this particular item.

JoeCamel

This has gotten really dumb…

There is unsubstantiated “inference” here that Mickey guards were somehow performing a “joint operation” with the fbi…like Jack Ryan type stuff…

When they were just not staffed properly, the managers fell asleep at the switch, and couldn’t handle the push…
Which has been happening on practically every square inch of that compound across the board for a year due to improper management and staffing.

Not secret plots or rocket science here.
I wonder who may have brought that up? :angelic:👼😇
Kenny the pirate and blogmickey have both posted that new changes are coming.

KTP said they are having people pull out bottles snd cans now.
Going after the booze....
Wait... Will they confiscate my fake sunscreen bottle full of bourbon??? Dammit!!
Not if they don't find it!

Brian

Simple fix - Have CM's push a cart along the line, offering up soda, water, and assorted trinkets for sale. Maybe some pre-packaged popcorn, too.
Reminds me of this tacky experiment in the EPCOT parking lot:

photos-snack-cart-opens-in-the-epcot-parking-lot-1200x900.jpg

DisneyCane

Last year at DS my wife almost went ballistic on a security guy that was rudely barking orders at her like she was under arrest because her sunglasses case (we think) triggered the scanner. We were going through with a bunch of other people (strangers) and it wasn't clear at all who they were trying to get the attention of.

She was addressed in a manner that was like she was trying to escape from prison and she'd be shot if she didn't comply with his instructions. During the whole secondary screening she was as rude as she could possibly be right back to him to make a point.

She was wearing a tight fitting t-shirt and shorts and had her cell phone in her pocket (protruding and making an outline) and she was holding the small sunglasses case. Even with the scanner alerting, there is no way she could have been concealing anything other than maybe a very small switchblade that would fit in the sunglasses case. Common sense would dictate that, based on these facts, it was most likely a false alert and she should have been asked in a friendly and apologetic manner to stop for a screening. She shouldn't have had orders rudely screamed at her.

VelocityRaptor

Last year at DS my wife almost went ballistic on a security guy that was rudely barking orders at her like she was under arrest because her sunglasses case (we think) triggered the scanner. We were going through with a bunch of other people (strangers) and it wasn't clear at all who they were trying to get the attention of.

She was addressed in a manner that was like she was trying to escape from prison and she'd be shot if she didn't comply with his instructions. During the whole secondary screening she was as rude as she could possibly be right back to him to make a point.

She was wearing a tight fitting t-shirt and shorts and had her cell phone in her pocket (protruding and making an outline) and she was holding the small sunglasses case. Even with the scanner alerting, there is no way she could have been concealing anything other than maybe a very small switchblade that would fit in the sunglasses case. Common sense would dictate that, based on these facts, it was most likely a false alert and she should have been asked in a friendly and apologetic manner to stop for a screening. She shouldn't have had orders rudely screamed at her.
Had a somewhat similar issue happen to myself. Back when Disney was first installing the new style scanners (current style) we had been use to just walking through with all our belongings in our pockets and breezing right through at the parks. We were at the Grand Floridian and decided to walk to MK. As we approached the scanners at the end of the walking path near the boat slip I just continued right through the scanner like I have been doing all week at the parks. The scanners buzzed or whatever and I start receiving an earful from security for not emptying my pockets. There were no signs, they made no mention of it when I walked through. It was almost like they magically wanted me to know that this scanner was not the new style. I was shocked that I was being yelled at for simply walking through the scanner with my pockets full.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Common sense has no place in the Disney security theater.

JoeCamel

Had a somewhat similar issue happen to myself. Back when Disney was first installing the new style scanners (current style) we had been use to just walking through with all our belongings in our pockets and breezing right through at the parks. We were at the Grand Floridian and decided to walk to MK. As we approached the scanners at the end of the walking path near the boat slip I just continued right through the scanner like I have been doing all week at the parks. The scanners buzzed or whatever and I start receiving an earful from security for not emptying my pockets. There were no signs, they made no mention of it when I walked through. It was almost like they magically wanted me to know that this scanner was not the new style. I was shocked that I was being yelled at for simply walking through the scanner with my pockets full.
I would have to berate him for using an inferior scanner and impacting my guest experience with the imposition of removing items from my person. Name, employer and badge number would have been stored securely in my phone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom