Please delete.

KBLovedDisney

The world has been going a bit more than just nuts lately. Speaking of nuts, I say let's all go back to KatieBug. Remember when that started out as the great upheaval of this site to now being one of the more positive things we all celebrate? I am hoping one day after all of this passes that we can gather together and celebrate the bad with the current good.

...someone help remind me that this too shall pass...😟
And after rereading my own posts:
meangirls.gif

I am in the wrong thread.

Robbiem

For me personally I feel covid and the pandemic / last few years have changed how I view things. Pre pandemic I was a very avid reader and poster and often followed chats etc a lot of the time.

Over the last few years a lot of things have changed in my life personally- I’ve lost two jobs, been through a nervous breakdown and had other personal issues which have changed my life.

Coming out the other side of the rabbit hole I realise that what I want from life isn’t the same. I’m happier to step back and be more at peace with the world and the people I love rather than mount my horse and go on a crusade for what’s right and true. Part of it is a realisation that I had FOMO issues in the past and part is a reaction to how society and people have acted over the course of the last few years.

Ive found I don’t miss doing things I used to do do and love and am more content to just be. Yes I still look through and post but no where near as often as I did and I feel so much better for restricting my social media

Figments Friend

I love this Forum.
It is the best one out there...nothing comes close.

I've been here since 2004, when I bought my first laptop computer and could finally get online .....via dial-up with my 56k modem!
I have learned a great deal of information here over the years, have met many cool people, and even had a hand in changing Disney history here via a thread I posted some years ago.
This is where I come for the REAL info, news, facts, and views from fellow Park enthusiasts.

I visit daily, but admit to not posting as much as I used to.
Why?
Simple - Not much to talk about right now.
WDW is going through a transitional period, and a lot of what has been going on over the last five years as far as the Florida Parks go leaves a negative impression.
Some seriously BAD judgements from a operational and services standpoint in regards to the Guest experience, as well as dropping standards.

I still have a great interest in the Parks, and watch them closely at times, but lately I've drifted.
But i still visit this Forum daily to check in and see what the hot topics of the day are and enjoy a few favorite threads.

So this 51 year old dragon is still about.
And will always be.

:)

-

Last edited:

Notes from Neverland

I think @marni1971 summarized things really well. Well said, as always. Hope you're feeling well!

The only thing I'd add is Walt Disney World also doesn't have a ton of exciting projects on the horizon. After TRON and whatever is happening to the center of EPCOT...what's next? Roundup Rodeo BBQ in Toy Story Land? A large DVC building that may ruin the feel of the Polynesian Resort? It's not exactly stuff that generates buzz.

Disney will probably announce some new stuff at D23, but at this point there's going to be a big gap in new projects due to their historically slow pace.

Goofyernmost

I think @marni1971 summarized things really well. Well said, as always. Hope you're feeling well!

The only thing I'd add is Walt Disney World also doesn't have a ton of exciting projects on the horizon. After TRON and whatever is happening to the center of EPCOT...what's next? Roundup Rodeo BBQ in Toy Story Land? A large DVC building that may ruin the feel of the Polynesian Resort? It's not exactly stuff that generates positive buzz.

Disney will probably announce some new stuff at D23, but at this point there's going to be a big gap in new projects due to their historically slow pace.
Fixed that for you! ;):)

Laketravis

OP comment... folks? I was not talking about JUST this board :(.

I've seen a large exodus from a whole LOAD of Disney oriented boards. Can't mention 'em, as they are "boards non-grata".
So..... I'm guessing it's not the boards ?

There is a common, vocal, and favored element that dominates the more popular Disney boards. Often nobody realizes the echo chamber is empty until it goes silent.

EricsBiscuit

I've posted much less recently, and that's largely because with the huge price increases, reports of crushing crowd levels, poor maintenance, the loss of Disney's industry-leading customer service tradition, the hassle of getting to Florida from norther New England with two young children, and most importantly, Genie killing all the spontaneity of trips and gluing you to your smart phone, I just don't have much of interest in visiting Disney World in the near future.

There's just too many other vacation options that are easier and cheaper. Sorry, Disney, I was a lifetime fan, but you've lost me for the time being. You used to be an experience, now you feel like an exercise in forced branding and marketing.
As someone who goes to the parks weekly, I would say this: Genie hasn’t had nearly as much of an impact as I thought it would. I can still get on every E ticket in a day at MK. Hope this helps.

GoneViral

As someone who goes to the parks weekly, I would say this: Genie hasn’t had nearly as much of an impact as I thought it would. I can still get on every E ticket in a day at MK. Hope this helps.
I appreciate realists like you. The data on Disney attendances and its fansites's traffic in 2022 is quite clear. It's the same old, same old, and business as usual.

If someone took the time to visit the Wayback Machine on Archive.org, I'm confident they could find similar "Disney just isn't the same now" posts from the early days of this board.

EricsBiscuit

I appreciate realists like you. The data on Disney attendances and its fansites's traffic in 2022 is quite clear. It's the same old, same old, and business as usual.

If someone took the time to visit the Wayback Machine on Archive.org, I'm confident they could find similar "Disney just isn't the same now" posts from the early days of this board.
I’m pretty sure there has been a thread with a similar theme almost every year. Like clockwork. As a FL local, an AP is an almost unbeatable entertainment value.

Goofyernmost

I’m pretty sure there has been a thread with a similar theme almost every year. Like clockwork. As a FL local, an AP is an almost unbeatable entertainment value.
The context of the posts are what is the most important. Years ago it was, maybe a building that needed painting or the AC in SSE didn't work very well or it was way to cold in the gift shops or for a while it was removal of powered soap from the restrooms. There was always something. Maybe even a animatronic that wasn't functioning properly, but it never started out with "I can't go anymore" or "I won't go any more". That is an altogether new theme.

GoneViral

The context of the posts are what is the most important. Years ago it was, maybe a building that needed painting or the AC in SSE didn't work very well or it was way to cold in the gift shops or for a while it was removal of powered soap from the restrooms. There was always something. Maybe even a animatronic that wasn't functioning properly, but it never started out with "I can't go anymore" or "I won't go any more". That is an altogether new theme.
I disagree. My internet time circles back to the days of Prodigy and the delphi groups before that. I've seen any number of "the magic is lost" posts from the 1990s, when it was Michael Eisner who was allegedly destroying the brand.

The attempted Southern Baptist boycott of the mid-90s earned so much outrage similar to now, and people lamented Disney's stock soaring in price due to park shortcuts. You're entitled to your opinion, but the song remains the same to me. If anything, I thought the low point for Disney came from the DCA debacle in 2001 through Eisner's walking in 2005. We're not even CLOSE to that right now. It was a nuclear winter, and Disney came out of it better than ever.

Vegas Disney Fan

This is encouraging to read, we are DL regulars and our first couple trips after the introduction of Genie+ were horrible, everyone was buying Genie+ so it resulted in 45 minute Genie+ lines and 2 hour standby lines, now that seems to have sorted itself out and with fewer buying it the Genie+ lines are 5-10 minutes with the standbys back to an hour. It’s amazing how fewer people buying it benefits everyone.

We have our first Genie+ WDW trip booked for this winter and didn’t know what to expect, the horrible experience when it’s oversold or the good experience when it’s used by fewer people.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I haven't posted here in a long time. Took 200 band kids to Disneyworld last month, didn't make a single post about it.

I don't think I need to explain why.
HOLY $517, dude, where ya been? I’ve missed you.
There is a common, vocal, and favored element that dominates the more popular Disney boards. Often nobody realizes the echo chamber is empty until it goes silent.
There are lots of vocal peeps. And there are a few threads where you’ll find an echo chamber. I don’t think that applies to the overall site, and I think the mods are pretty fair.

regardless, I’m glad to see you back.

Jimmy Thick

I loved posting here regularly. I wish I still could but unfortunately life got in the way and my time is precious. After a few years I feel a lot of people have had the same things happen to them.

But let’s face it, no matter what this is still the best Disney fan site/forum around anywhere. There are posters here who provide top notch content even still and I feel one of the big draws here is still the endless debate of the Disney have and have nots.

Remember Disney and everything it encompasses is still a vacation to get away from the world even if only for a little while. The magic is still there it’s up to you to find it.

Jimmy Thick-Still a dreamer…..

Goofyernmost

I disagree. My internet time circles back to the days of Prodigy and the delphi groups before that. I've seen any number of "the magic is lost" posts from the 1990s, when it was Michael Eisner who was allegedly destroying the brand.

The attempted Southern Baptist boycott of the mid-90s earned so much outrage similar to now, and people lamented Disney's stock soaring in price due to park shortcuts. You're entitled to your opinion, but the song remains the same to me. If anything, I thought the low point for Disney came from the DCA debacle in 2001 through Eisner's walking in 2005. We're not even CLOSE to that right now. It was a nuclear winter, and Disney came out of it better than ever.
To disagree is your right. Yes, there have been ups and down, but never was it long time loyal fan displaying anger about the way THEY have been treated. What is happening right now is directly slamming the "guests". Things that are affecting people to the core. There never has been a time when people didn't get the panties in a knot because of what they perceived as bad management. Thing that affected the parks appearance wise or quality wise. Eisner was just one of many complaints, but that didn't alter the fact that we could still enjoy the parks. The Baptist thing to the vast majority of non-bigots didn't amount to a fart in a whirlwind.

Right now the world and particularly this country is on a path that seems like the end of everything we thought things should be and then on top of all that the greed of this company has pushed out so many previously loyal fans by deciding that they should vacuum every possible cent from guests at the same time as creating a system that doesn't even allow us to see what is there after charging outrageous prices just to get in. That is what is different. People may have moaned about lots of things. They may have said it lost it's magic before for small personal agenda items, but with very few exceptions were as universally disgusted with what Disney has become.

So it all boils down to the fact that if one thinks that it is worth the massive expenditure to attend a theme park in a time of so much uncertainty that is their choice. What ruined the magic for me was no longer being comfortably able to go there. The taking away of something that I was so emotionally involved with for so many years, That may be ok for you, but it is just one more upset to me.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom